( search forums )
2 lil ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
February 18, 2005, 12:47 pm
I've got 2 small ideas:

1st: I think when the Flag Carrier gets disconnected or just exit the game the Flag shouldn't be returned to the enemy's base. Instead of that it should just get dropped in the area where the FC was before gettin disconnected.

2nd: I think we should be able to give the flag away to our m8. Imagine a clan like.. ProSoldat (made up) with 3 players called A B and C. Player B is really secure and more confident when some enemy appears to return the flag and that makes him a better Flag Carrier than his m8s. On the other hand, players A and C have more skills than B player to return the flag. My point is: imagine A player captures the enemy flag. He should be able to press a button and drop the flag to B player ( use SpaceBar for example, big button easy to press i guess ) instead of typing /kill.

ps - I couldn't make a Forum Search cuz i'm dowloading and uploading atm, so this is really slow. Sorry.

Deleted User
February 18, 2005, 9:36 pm
Unfortunatly both ideas have been suggested before, but they're still good ideas. It'd be very handy to pass someone the flag without having to kill yourself in the process. Then you could have some pretty nice throws going on.

Michal
February 18, 2005, 9:44 pm
I like both ideas, but for the second one I think I would prefer it to be a command, /dropflag or something. Whenever I feel the need to get rid of the flag it's usually when I'm already secure, and I just want to go return our own flag.

Captain Ben
February 18, 2005, 11:37 pm
yeah. i agree there should be a command...
perhaps /dp?
it needs to be quick to type in...

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 12:25 am
Why /dp?

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 12:53 am
If there's a throw-flag button implemented, we could do an unofficial game-mode ala Tribes 2, where you can throw the flag through various hoops and rings to "score" points for style.

Ahh, that was fun. Good times, good times...

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 1:30 am
lol Lapis

yeah i like these ideas, although i remember the 1st one being suggested before. why hasnt it been implemented?

Captain Ben
February 19, 2005, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoWhy /dp?

/dp = drop flag.

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 1:49 am
Wouldn't it make more sense to have /df? Drop Flag. Unless you plan on spelling it Phlag.

Vijchtidoodah
February 19, 2005, 1:54 am
I think it would be much more fun to have a specific button to throw the flag instead of a command so that you could chuck it at your teammates if you were about to die.

Elemental
February 19, 2005, 3:09 am
well, if the flag could be dropped to anyone, across the map, that would really suck for the opponent.
Imagine, if you will: Flagger runs to other base killing almost everyone, when he sees hes about to be shot, he just types /df, and they kill the flagger..accomplishing nothing big. That would piss me off, i know that :D

Judge_Man
February 19, 2005, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoWouldn't it make more sense to have /df? Drop Flag. Unless you plan on spelling it Phlag.

Rofl Captain, you so got owned on that one! Gj swazo.

DeMonIc
February 19, 2005, 9:23 am
I'm in for both of these, but drop flag shouldn't be a /command imo, but a simple default button like chat.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 19, 2005, 9:23 am
Phlag...like, Uber lag. haha

On Topic: Not a really needed feature, but might be pretty useful.

Deleted User
February 19, 2005, 12:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elementalwell, if the flag could be dropped to anyone, across the map, that would really suck for the opponent.
Imagine, if you will: Flagger runs to other base killing almost everyone, when he sees hes about to be shot, he just types /df, and they kill the flagger..accomplishing nothing big. That would piss me off, i know that :D

Well something like that already happens with the flag settings we have now. Say for instance you're playing CTF on B2B and your flag has been stolen and you and your remaining teammates race after him to return it. As the enemy flagger is running over a bridge you guys manage to kill him, causing the flag to drop through the bridge. Then one of your opponents was going down that lower route and sees his opportunity and he grabs the flag and runs like hell.

Taxista
February 24, 2005, 6:23 pm
These are the ideas ppl should remind. And not useless ones. :|
But instead of a comand a key would be better.
Both very good ideas.

[S][K]Taxi

Dathker
February 24, 2005, 6:30 pm
if there are like ten of you. then you could justkeep passing off the flag but tha would be fun ^_^

kwanfei
February 26, 2005, 3:46 pm
sound good

And be careful don't miss the passing and throw it to your enemy^^"

Unlucky 13
February 27, 2005, 7:08 am
If it is a button, it has to be useful for other gametypes too, then again, it doesn't but really...
The second one is a nice idea, the first one could be less helpful than more on some servers, I think it should go to a random Team Mate, further from base then colser

February 27, 2005, 7:12 am
Yeah, we could just bind it. Cos if you have a weak connection (Wireless sucks) you will keep getting disconnected. Even worse in asia/malaysia/kl/megamall

Captain Ben
February 27, 2005, 8:48 am
shut up about the /dp.
i was drunk and sensless...
what i meant was /df, as they're so close together.
oh, and [IMAGE] you judge man!

Keron Cyst
February 28, 2005, 4:39 am
I as well think both ideas should be implemented ;-)