( search forums )
Animated Cursor / Crosshair
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
February 18, 2005, 8:59 pm
I thought of an interesting idea for the interface.
What if the cursor/crosshair had 3 seperate image files which were used depending on the situation.

One would appear when the cursor is at rest,
one would appear while firing,
another would appear while reloading.

I think this would open up some nice modding possibilities, and I think the reload frame would be useful since you wouldn't have to take your eyes of the crosshair.

Here's an example:
[IMAGE]
Rest-Fire-Reload

Deleted User
February 18, 2005, 9:40 pm
This sounds like a great idea. Lots of other games have stuff like this, so Soldat should have it as well. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to implement as well.

Unlucky 13
February 19, 2005, 1:31 am
It sounds like a great idea, yet not at the top priority. Well, certainly over swimming. The games that have this are usually FPS, but Soldat is based on some FPS'es, so why not?

Captain Ben
February 19, 2005, 1:34 am
i agree.
there is a kind of thing like that already... it goes green when over a teammate...
it doesn't really count though :P

_Mancer_
February 19, 2005, 1:44 am
Perfect idea. Unseen and very good. I back this 100%

DT
February 19, 2005, 2:24 am
as much of a good idea this is i gota say no...
probly cuz i'm to use to the one cursor

Michal
February 19, 2005, 5:01 am
For those who prefer to use a single crosshair, you can just make all 3 image files the same. no problem ;)

Rambo_6
February 19, 2005, 5:40 am
Good point. I think this would make Soldat all the more fun to customize.

DeMonIc
February 19, 2005, 9:26 am
Mmh, a great idea indeed, good job Michal.
EDIT: Just thought of this.. maybe a different crosshair for being binked? It would still increase in size too, but you'll have a better idea of being binked or not.

blackdevil0742
February 19, 2005, 11:47 am
a good idea i must say^^

damnnation
February 19, 2005, 11:59 am
i like it, nice idea

Sam
February 19, 2005, 2:37 pm
We want this! MM, this is a must for the next version, and not very hard to implement either.

Keron Cyst
February 19, 2005, 10:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by SamWe want this! MM, this is a must for the next version, and not very hard to implement either.
Ditto ;-)

Liquid Metal
February 20, 2005, 1:47 am
Cool! Me likes!

papasurf31
February 20, 2005, 12:24 pm
Sweet, great idea. could make modding even more customizable.

MercyM
February 20, 2005, 2:15 pm
I think, that when you point someone with the cursor, it should roll around. ;D

SPARTAN_III
February 20, 2005, 4:07 pm
good idea me likey. comon MM! please?

echo
February 25, 2005, 9:23 am
If you are reloading you shouldn't even have a cursor..

Smeep
February 25, 2005, 11:47 am
Lol, I posted this aaaaages back. But then I haven't been here for aaaaaages either, so what do you care.

Michal
February 25, 2005, 10:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by echoIf you are reloading you shouldn't even have a cursor..

Well, that is true if the cursor is considered a representation of looking through the gun-sights. But I think it would be a bit annoying to lose where your cursor is in the middle of a battle.

Captain Ben
February 26, 2005, 5:06 am
i'd like to see something special put in with this idea:
you move your mouse over someone, and depending on their health,m a colour could flash.
but i guess this would screw up the 'green on teammate' and 'red on bad guys' :P

echo
February 26, 2005, 9:06 am
Well.. loosing cursor for a few seconds would increase 2 skills: being focus (so you wont lose your target) and how fast you can aim after the reload time (on wich you had no cursor).

February 26, 2005, 1:03 pm
HAHAHA. how a bout if it is on the enemy, the cursor says "SHOOT ALREADY!" if you're reloading, the cursor says, "BULLET SPAMMER!" IF you rest, it says, "LAZY F***ER"