( search forums )
Omega Drivers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Zolcos
February 20, 2005, 5:53 am
Not exactly a bug, but the use of Omega Drivers for nVidia cards (a type of custom video drivers -- http://omegadrivers.net) requires that "video compatibility" is set in the More tab of soldat Setup, when otherwise you wouldn't need it.

Failure to do so makes the graphics EXTREMELY messed up.

b00stA
February 20, 2005, 11:11 am
Nah. You have one of the newer versions. The Omega drivers are based on the original ones with a few tweaks. When nVidia drivers mess up, Omega Drivers are likely to mess up soon, too.

Disable video compatibility and disable anti-aliasing for Soldat. Everything should look normal now.
If you want anti-aliasing in Soldat, get an older nVidia driver or one of the older Omega ones.
Nvidia Omega Drivers 1.5672a (Forceware 56.72) that one is working for me, with Soldat + anti-aliasing - video compatib.

Raijin1999
February 21, 2005, 10:20 pm
Not sure if this is what I have.

I have a Geforce 2 MX (32mb version), and just updated the vid card drivers for another game. I tried playing soldat, and the screen was all messed up. The soldiers are zoomed in, and the map is off kilter, yet I can see the ground boundary lines all over the place. I'll try the above, but just in case this is the problem, consider these symptoms just in case anybody comes lookin'.

EDIT: Yup, this is the same problem. Turning off aliasing (didn't have video compatibility checked on) fixed it just fine. Kinda jaggy lookin' though without aliasing. Is a rollback recommended, or mebbe a fix in the next version?

b00stA
February 22, 2005, 11:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Raijin1999EDIT: Yup, this is the same problem. Turning off aliasing (didn't have video compatibility checked on) fixed it just fine. Kinda jaggy lookin' though without aliasing. Is a rollback recommended, or mebbe a fix in the next version?

I recommend a "downgrade" to older drivers, since I can't assure you that Michal is going/able to fix it.

FliesLikeABrick
February 22, 2005, 4:46 pm
yeah i encountered this with the drivers for a couple different video cards. Stick with the old drivers and keep antialiasing off. If a newer version of the drivers comes out (a change in the major version number, not the minor numbers) give it a shot.

b00stA
February 22, 2005, 5:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick Stick with the old drivers and keep antialiasing off.
When you DO stick with older nvidia drivers, using anti-aliasing is NOT a problem. There are problems with newer nVidia drivers + anti-aliasing though.

Zolcos
March 7, 2005, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stADisable video compatibility and disable anti-aliasing for Soldat. Everything should look normal now.

Why? Compatibility mode fixes the problem.

b00stA
March 7, 2005, 7:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zolcosquote:Originally posted by b00stADisable video compatibility and disable anti-aliasing for Soldat. Everything should look normal now.
Why? Compatibility mode fixes the problem.

Because that usually fixes the problem (especially the anti-aliasing part with newer nvidia drivers).
If video compatibility fixes the problem for you, that's news to me.