( search forums )
some bugs..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
-Claw-
February 20, 2005, 4:42 pm
hmm, there is some bugs to be fixed.

1. Polygons

Polybugs should be fixed by new code, maybe?
don't tell it is impossible, how it doesn't our in e.g. CS? Quake? not even in Wolfestein 3D (or in Duke Nukum 1)?

2. 1 shot kill -weapons dont kill.

Lag?
How i see that LAW missile hits and enemy boosts and he doesn't die?
How i see that enemy hits me, i got boost and im alive?
if it is lag, does soldat then have some random factor to all weaponbullets?

3. Map downloading from dedicated servers.

If i want to use my own maps in dedicated server, it wont work, i can upload the map once, then if someone dl's it, he gets Wrong map version

----------
and i know, they have been suggested, but it seems like people just wont care about them, 1 and 2 has been in soldat forever, maybe it is time to fix them?

Deleted User
February 20, 2005, 5:03 pm
1. I do not understand what the problem is with the polygons the way they are. What do you mean, exactly?

2. Yes, it coul be lag, but you must remember, that the different parts of a Soldat's body recieve damage differently.

3. I'm not sure I understand the last one either. Have you made sure that all the required ports are open and that you compiled and saved the map properly?

-Claw-
February 20, 2005, 6:18 pm
1. i mean when i stuck myself into some polygon, and i can get inside them (like i can get to the top of ctf_death) and when i sometimes run on bridge of ctf_voland i lost almost all my speed and jump up without din anytinhg else than just running forward (maybe it changes angle of my movement?)

3. well, i dnt have firewall, i used port 23095, none of my 3 maps weren't downloadable, but with clientserver with port 23095 i could upload them properly..

FliesLikeABrick
February 20, 2005, 7:16 pm
these are all problems that have bee naround for quite some time, im not sure why you feel the need to point them out.

as for map download, you should already know that you need gameport and gameport+10 opened

-Claw-
February 20, 2005, 8:48 pm
yes, thats why i want them to be fixed.. And i know, Soldat is playable now, but does it need to carry these problems forever?

4. Parachute (bad spelling)

When i fly with para, and i got shot to head(with barrett or ruger), my head gets HUGE speed to upwards.. becuse of para(it "pulls" it up).. (looks very stupid) so that one could be fixed also'

And i had port 23105 open.. (hmm, i think, no firewall to block it..)

Sam
February 21, 2005, 3:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by -Claw-
4. Parachute (bad spelling)

When i fly with para, and i got shot to head(with barrett or ruger), my head gets HUGE speed to upwards.. becuse of para(it "pulls" it up).. (looks very stupid) so that one could be fixed also'

So, its a little bug, but makes no difference WHATSOEVER to the gameplay.

-Claw-
February 21, 2005, 6:23 pm
yes, i know that, i have seen it so many times that i dont even notice it always, but about 16 months ago i always laughed at it, it looked so hilarious..

but i prefer fixing ALL bugs before making new fearures.. -> more bugs.. -> we can't enjoy bugfree soldat..