( search forums )
DM_Magma_Vents
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Aegis
February 21, 2005, 8:25 am
My first real map - DM_Magma_Vents
Not the best map in the world but I think it suffices. :)
It IS waypointed, but very poorly because of some of the traps, the bots just love to go flying into them.

Ingame shots (Caution, these are 50-250 kb *.JPGs)
[URL] - What I call the bottomless pit, but its not truly bottomless ;)

[URL] - The left side of the map and up at the top another pit, this one you cant jet back out of.

[URL] - The right side of the map yonder side of the bottomless pit

[URL] - Map overview

This map is recommended for Deathmatch, Teammatch, and Rambomatch.
Rambomatch isn't very challenging with the bots, because they always run out of jetfuel and fly into the bottomless pit ;) Best played multiplayer with humans.

I tried to stick to the default scenery stuff, but with such a full scenery folder, I ended up using one piece that wasn't mine, a sand-bags scenery. Credit to the original creator.

[URL] - Download :P

Edit x2:Reuploaded the map to version 1.01 - The bridge poly bug is fixed and a few other minor poly movements. The predator bonus has been moved slightly to avoid falling into the top deathpit on the left side of the map

Unlucky 13
February 21, 2005, 8:33 am
That looks great! All I can hate is he background, but that is probably the Screengrabs fault.
So it is waypointed for a first map? That is great! I really see some talent in you!

D/L!

grand_diablo
February 21, 2005, 10:00 am
mmh it lacks a bit of different ways, but it looks VERY nice!

Melba
February 21, 2005, 1:39 pm
I LIKE IT ALOOOT

Aegis
February 21, 2005, 6:47 pm
Theres a small bug in the bridge that's been bugging me alot. I'll fix it and reupload. (This will be the second edit)
Good to hear nice feedback though :D

Deleted User
February 21, 2005, 11:06 pm
Pretty nice map but there isnt really much to it

Maxx
February 22, 2005, 1:48 am
Nice n' simple.
I like it.
Good job.
:D

Norse
February 22, 2005, 3:42 am
I agree to every comment here. A great map indeed for a first-timer! I enjoyed the bridge and the lava look beneath it. Very neat! Also gives enough space in areas that need it most. Not much else to say...it's better than my first map :D

February 22, 2005, 7:18 am
Neat. I like the magma and indeed it is good for a first timer. I likey. Not symmetrical and long. Perfect for snipers.