( search forums )
Soldat Rankings
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sam
February 21, 2005, 3:40 pm
Just like U13 and soldat stats do, I think a system shoukld be built into soldat that keeps track of your kills, deaths, and caps. These stats can be seen by other players and ranks are shown, for example:

1000+ kills gives you a bronze medal
5000+ kills gives you a silver medal
10,000+ kills gives you a gold medal
20,000+ kills gives you a platinum medal

These 'medals' are shown to the left of the players name when you press F1, or at the end of a round. Obviously these figures are not final because i dont know how many kills people have and which numbers are alot of kills, i mean, 1000 might be about a week of playing. Also rankings may be a sum, for example, kills / deaths = points, or something like that.

I think rankings would add a challenge to soldat and would be a way to recognise dedicated players and would also help recruiting for clans etc.

If you want anything explained in more detail please ask. Comments welcome.

Meandor
February 21, 2005, 4:06 pm
So.. basically a simplified stats system? There is just one problem, and that is that there should be a registered nicks DB first.

Judge_Man
February 21, 2005, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sam

Also rankings may be a sum, for example, kills / deaths = points

Those are not enough kill. I would be like triple platinium or something.

A Kill/Deaths ratio result in a LOT of whining. It has gone down (a lot) in U13 lately, but there is still some remaining. K/D rank all over Soldat, i don't think it's a good idea. Medals is cool.

_Mancer_
February 21, 2005, 5:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by Sam

Also rankings may be a sum, for example, kills / deaths = points

Those are not enough kill. I would be like triple platinium or something.

A Kill/Deaths ratio result in a LOT of whining. It has gone down (a lot) in U13 lately, but there is still some remaining. K/D rank all over Soldat, i don't think it's a good idea. Medals is cool.

Yeah... Im almost at 70000. Maybe a bronze is 10000 then 25000 then 40000 and so on.

But I REALLY like this idea, unlike the other general, colonel crap.

Michal
February 21, 2005, 5:52 pm
I don't like stats, sorry. All it will lead to is more whining and flaming in-game and on the forums.

Judge_Man
February 21, 2005, 6:14 pm
Wrong, stats like U13's one are really cool: kills, deaths, caps, grab, etc...
What make people whine is Kill:Deaths Ratio.
Having a system of medals won't bring any whining cause it's only about total kill.

enjoyincubus
February 21, 2005, 7:14 pm
And you all just ignored Meandor's point, which should have moved talks in a different (more progressional) direction.

Psyl3ntShad0w
February 21, 2005, 7:30 pm
I would stress an efficiency rating more than one of these...something along the lines of...

(K-D)+(25xCaps)
---------------
Minutes

or something...of course this requires the whole time thing...which can be a pain...however...I think this would be better than your 20000 kills or whatever you make the number...

Effiency would stress capping more than kills, which means less campers and ratio [IMAGE] because time is the denominator so you get owned if you are stationary and waiting for someone to pop into your screen.

I'm assuming this is a server side thing because of zombie matches and private games?

Sam
February 21, 2005, 8:26 pm
Yea, well, i really havent got a clue what the actual points needed for medals and stuff so thats up to MM, or someone else to decide.

About registering nicknames, if i get what you're saying meandor, then either yes, there would have to be registered nicknames, you would have different stats for each nickname, OH! great idea, you have sets of points for each profile meaning you have to be registered soldat user to get rankings.

Judge_Man
February 21, 2005, 8:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubusAnd you all just ignored Meandor's point, which should have moved talks in a different (more progressional) direction.

YOU ARE SO HELPING HIS POINT DUDE!! ZOMGZ!

Elemental
February 21, 2005, 9:06 pm
I really dont think we should do this because players won't have fun, the whole game will become serious. example: You can't kill yourself or do funny things..its all about gettin the most kills and least deaths..

Psyl3ntShad0w
February 21, 2005, 11:01 pm
actually...thats only in DM type games...so i guess you'd need different effiency things...

DM effiency -> ratio/time
INF effiency -> something/time
CTF effiency -> look at previous post

but yeah...we'd need a database.

peemonkey
February 21, 2005, 11:38 pm
but i'd be like, last :( and i used to be good at soldat :'(

kwanfei
February 22, 2005, 12:22 am
and killing bots shouldn't get any points

Gen0cide
February 22, 2005, 4:15 am
How about you can set it on/off so you choose if you want it to track you or not?
Kinda like a ladder server on some other games..you choose to be on it or you choose not to be

kwanfei
February 22, 2005, 5:04 am
hmmmm.....i think if u can choose show/ not show is better than on/off

Gen0cide
February 22, 2005, 5:23 am
Yeah thats even better..good idea ^_^

Captain Ben
February 22, 2005, 9:48 am
it could have no effect the game...
you move your cursor over them, and depending on the colour, it shows what rank they are.
eg, white 200 kill, etc.

echo
February 25, 2005, 11:56 am
I don't like this idea. However i noticed that in CS most players love the rankings so they can say they are 1337s. So maybe this will bring more players and competition to the game..

DeMonIc
February 25, 2005, 12:47 pm
Why would this need a DB? It would work like the registered star, but it shows a different symbol, depending on your logs. (that means you'd have to have file logging on) An interesting idea.

Meandor
February 25, 2005, 1:05 pm
Because even with a database it'd be easy to get a high rank abusing the system, it'd be even easier that way.

Nos-D
February 25, 2005, 2:36 pm
that will [IMAGE] all teh game |: .
i think it will be sux 1 reason: competition.

DeMonIc
February 25, 2005, 4:19 pm
Meandor, it would simply show how much you have been playing, if it has real high number settings. If you really fear of abuse, it could be available for registered users only.

February 26, 2005, 1:05 pm
Oh gee. What if some stupid n00b found another comp and used it to create another player and created a server. He would use the other player as a target and would rack up scores.

kwanfei
February 26, 2005, 4:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Oh gee. What if some stupid n00b found another comp and used it to create another player and created a server. He would use the other player as a target and would rack up scores.

ya, that was a big problem

echo
February 26, 2005, 6:34 pm
Why should you care about that? If you find him in a public server and face him, you can easily understand if his rank is real or fake. Or.. try to make the database restricted to 1 user for each ip. I don't know much about those Ip stuff but i think it is possible.

Captain Ben
February 27, 2005, 3:12 am
this whole game is based on competition...
players usually play to win, despite what others may say...

February 27, 2005, 7:14 am
Yeah, everyone but..... n00bs who are just out ther to prove they aren't n00bs. Actually yes, you could see wether they are n00bs or not cos at the end of the game they are the ones that will be at the bottom of the list cos they're so used to static targets that when it comes to a moving target, they fail miserably.

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 10:14 pm
o well, i still like the idea.......

Maxx
March 16, 2005, 10:17 pm
Dascoo stop!

You're posting useless crap in all these topics that are all 2 months old.

STOP.

Dang stupid star-hunter.

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 2:04 pm
stop watching me^^^^

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 10:40 pm
I like this idea ! I could know how much I killed and that stats could be in soldat menu ....hmm sounds reaaaally interesting

Vanana
March 19, 2005, 10:54 pm
wat about that when you check scores (F1) and click on someone's name
you will see his stats??

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 11:16 pm
really tho dascoo dont bring back 2 mouth old theads

Vanana
March 21, 2005, 10:29 pm
like this one??? =P

well, i still keep my idea that when you check someone, you can see his scores.
even though a ladder style would be MUCh better =P

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 11:13 pm
well, there is an easy way to solve some of the problems of ranked games.

first off, just make it so you can play RANKED GAMES which can be another option for making a game.so like "ctf_tower ranked".
or if people just want to have fun, they can just play non ranked games.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 11:21 pm
You would need registered names to do that. Otherwise, whenever you switched any prefs, you would lose it. For example, altogether I have a couple million kills, but only a little on my new comp.