( search forums )
Killzone Gosteks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
February 22, 2005, 8:18 am
Ok, so this is the first time i ever tried to make a gostek mod. i know it looks like crap in the screenie but at least try to download and try it out a bit. i sent a copy to papasurf, he says it's ok to post em. Well, i hope you like em.
[IMAGE]
dl here:[URL]
oh yeah, please post comments and ratings, not just "This mod is crap" and please don't read and leave. Post your comments

SPARTAN_III
February 22, 2005, 11:57 am
this mod is crap

heheheh just kidding. pls posta screenie, so we dont have to d/l it to check whether or not the above statement is true

remember, we cant see img's on ur HD u need 2 upload them first

February 22, 2005, 12:14 pm
Ok, im sorry, i'll put em up very soon.
Now. I told you my pics sucked(they went under many transformations.
[IMAGE]]

BTW, SPARTAN 3, thx alot. U know what i mean. And you already have seen the gosteks, i sent em to u about a month ago

blackdevil0742
February 22, 2005, 12:26 pm
indeed the screenie sucked. Anyway i have dl'd it. But i'll only be able to see some of it because i have soldat094^^.

February 22, 2005, 12:29 pm
Thx alor black devil. My screenshot sucked becos i did it in (school while the teacher wasn't looking). Hoping to make a betta one :P

Teh Panda
February 22, 2005, 1:33 pm
Thats my avatar >:/ Silly number...
Anyways i try the gostek..

SPARTAN_III
February 22, 2005, 3:23 pm
put a standard sized pic or i will remove the strikethrough on my earlier post-no resize!

blackdevil0742
February 22, 2005, 4:35 pm
ok i've played with the gosteks and it was good i must say
gj^^

papasurf31
February 22, 2005, 9:43 pm
I'll vouch that this gostek is good. Earns the [PS31] stamp of approval.

February 23, 2005, 4:38 am
Thank you all for the comments, but apart from papasurf's suggestion, does any1 else have anything to say? Im still working on how to tweak the body, but the positions are still the same. Thx for the positives comments.

Raijin1999
February 23, 2005, 6:36 am
Want pics of the Helghan soldier? Also, JIC, make the default gostek in light grey, with dark grey shadings and bits of black for things that, well, stay black in any color. ^_^ The eye has to be as orangey as ya can make it in the grey form. Customizing the skin to black {in game} won't damage the eye glow too much, but switching it to a blue skin might negate it. Can't be helped unless you make the helmet with cut out eyeholes, and the orange glow on the actual human/er..helghan head. Could work, but would be harder.

SPARTAN_III
February 23, 2005, 6:43 am
while ur at it, make everyone else! Cpt.Templar, General Lente, Rico, General Adams, the whole damn lot

February 23, 2005, 7:31 am
yessir, SPARTAn,working on em. Thx for the advice
Rajiin? Yeah, thats what im doing but my i cant figure out chich way the morda gos! Its kinda hard for me, so i will try and post updates

Updare:
I found a glitch, and i'm fixing it. Another thing is i made the helghast helmet as a whole. That way i can create other characters but skin colours are a problem. NOTE: I CAN'T CREATE ALL! THERES NOT ENOUGH OPTIONS!

Only 2 head gear and 5 hair styles. Lotta work, but i'll get it done, promise.

zephyr-zephid
February 24, 2005, 11:18 am
Tried and Tested method to...disappoint. I'd expected a full overhaul. What u ended up with was a bunch of stuff i did not even recognise. What would help would be a new interface.

February 24, 2005, 11:31 am
Very funny ZZ, but sadly, no overhauls. Like i said, im working on it and if you want something better, u goota wait. Im doing cell shading.

zephyr-zephid
February 24, 2005, 12:45 pm
But everything was the SAME. Except maybe the Barret. Y'know what? I think I'll challenge you to a competition. Who makes the better mod. Judged by SPARTAN III. How's that sound?

February 24, 2005, 1:01 pm
zephyr zephid, spartan will take your side most likely. We both know that. You want a competition, have papasurf judge it. Hes a fair rater and a modder so why not. besides we both have nothing to lose. And, what mod with the barret are you talking about? you are really starting to confuse me. THIS IS NOT PAPASURF'S MOD! PAPASURF MADE HIS KILLZONE MOD AND I MADE A GOSTEK MOD.tHEY ARE DIFFERENT. I ONLY ASKED FOR HIS APPROVAL/RATING AND I THANK HIM FOR THAT. BUT THIS IS NOT HIS GOSTEKS!

papasurf31
February 24, 2005, 10:23 pm
Calm down kid...ZZ, I don't know if you knew this but this wasn't meant to be a complete graphical replacement mod. The only thing that got changed was the gostek, what the soldier looks like in-game.

117 - he's not accausing you of ripping off my mod. Chances are he hasn't even seen mine yet. He's just misinformedly complaining about how nothing was changed aside from the soldier, he was expecting like a Henchin mod or summat.

And, yeah, a modding contest between you too would be good. We could have the whole community here vote on whose is better.

February 26, 2005, 12:55 pm
No, embarrassment and harresment is an issue for me but i realised that Zephyr Zephid didn't actually open the .rar, he just unzipped it. I talked to him and he said that the weaps and other stuff is all the same but he didn't realise that this was a gosteks only mod and thought that there was an interface and weaps and.... you know the whole package. Anyway, if we were to have a mod competition, more people would have to take part in a series of elimination rounds, just to prove the creativity of people. So in the end it would be 1v1 and the winner would get a forum title.

Nos-D
February 27, 2005, 1:37 pm
I can`t see nothing from this picture..
later i`ll upload one with good quality..

February 27, 2005, 1:39 pm
thx alot n0s. Perhaps it could prevent a certain person from "removing strike outs"?

Raijin1999
February 27, 2005, 7:44 pm
Just do the best you can. There are other mods out there that can be used if you want more than just gosteks. I'm still going to rip all the killzone weapon sounds, and sounds from any other game I have at the moment that are cool, label them, put them in a zip, and distribute them to whoever wants sfx. So if you ever decide to do wep' mods, you can leave the SFX to me if ya want.

Though... ;( I sold Halo 2, just couldn't stand that game. But being the idiot I am, I totally forgot to.. *cry cry* rip the gun sounds.

If any of yous' folks out there have an AV tuner card on your comp, and Halo 2...and the Xbox. :P ... Or any other game console with AV plugs, and sounds you wanna rip, here's how.

Open up your tuner watchin' program, and at the same time (if using windows OS') go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Entertainment and run Sound Recorder.

Once Sound Recorder is operational, go to edit/preferences, and under the recording tab, click the volume setting. You'll see the various audio lines on your comp in the window that pops up. On the right should be a a wave mix out, or wave out line. There should be a checkbox on each of these audio lines, so check the one for this wav line. Now reduce the wav's volume bar to about 25-30%. That should let you record anything playing to your computers speakers. Now, simply go to a quiet area in the game, and/or turn the music off, and then fire the weapon after hitting the 'record' option in sound recorder. You'll record the weapon sound, or anything else that's playing as you're gaming. Save the wav as whatever gunsound or effect you want to call it, and that's that. -.-

SPARTAN_III
February 28, 2005, 6:57 am
NO, 117, i will NOT take zephyrs side because the simple truth he does not understand is THIS IS ONLY GOSTEKS NOT A FULL MOD!!!!

and i tried the gosteks finally and i must say, its quite good. apart from a prone glitch when the helghan seperates himself

February 28, 2005, 7:19 am
yeah, but u c, thats what is in the default as well. I fixed it when he turns right, but left is still very strange. expect a better one soon, maybe in about..... 3 days

SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 8:51 am
its been more than that..........

March 3, 2005, 9:27 am
Ok fine, maybe not, but im uploading the newer version, which is not as good as i hoped it would be, but just a few adjustments here and there. Its nearly done....

THERE
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/store/killzone%20gosteks%20updated%20version.rar

Updates are as follows

Half Gostek Fix
Ability to take off helmet
Goggles change to team color
Strange glitch, but harder to determine team mates, don't worry, only if u set it black. :P