( search forums )
Taunt file styles.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
STEELIX
February 22, 2005, 7:11 pm
I've made one normal taunt file, with the boring <INCOMING TOP> stuff, and a neat pirate taunt file..

But now the question to you, do you have any ideas which I could use for another taunt file? They're a great way for having some originality, apart from your outfit.
Also, maybe it'd be handy if you could tell how you assigned your different taunts on you keyboard. I've created my own alligment, which has proven to be quite compact to me, but I've always been wondering if there was a more compact way of assigning the taunts. It might also be cool if you told me about the different styles of taunts you have created over the years, or, well, years, you get the point.

I'm not sure if anyone asked this before, I tried the search function, but even when concentrating the search on only one part of the forum, it just timed out. My apologies if it's been posted :)

mar77a
February 22, 2005, 8:01 pm
I only have 2 taunts...

ALT + A = "I am just a new boy..."

ALT + S = "...stranger in this town."

I use them to know who knows Pink Floy in the server i go in...quite sucky...

zambo_the_clown
February 22, 2005, 9:07 pm
get taunt editor or whatever its called theres a sticky on the forum with links to all the soldat programs made but i cant give you the link to the page cuz i got to go sorry man. im sure someone will help ya

STEELIX
February 22, 2005, 9:17 pm
er... Don't you think you should try to read my post before answering to it?
I've aready made some taunt files, and I'm asking for some styles to make new ones.

paramud
February 22, 2005, 11:10 pm
use something from EAP.

STEELIX
February 23, 2005, 1:42 pm
I'm sorry... EAP?

Sam
February 23, 2005, 6:56 pm
I found someone using a Mario taunt file, although it was along time ago and i cant remember the actual sayings. Post your taunts here if you have strange ones like this.

lieroguy
February 23, 2005, 8:18 pm
I don't use a particular taunt style, but I've got quite a few neat ones. Unfortunately, it's significance tends to escape most European players. Probably a cultural thing. For instance, I have the taunt, "Oh yeah. You like that, don't ya?" Which is common in my part of the world as a suggestive remark regarding how good you're raping someone, figuratively. But other people don't get it.

STEELIX
February 23, 2005, 10:06 pm
Aye, but that's probably just because English ain't their native language.
I have "Wendy, I can flyyy!!" as my most used one... Together with the overused "Have no fear, STEELIX is here!"

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 23, 2005, 10:31 pm
I have all the normal taunts like incoming above, mid, and so on, but i made 2 for right and left on infiltration. ex: "Right---->>" or "<<----Left". Otherwise, apart from my personal taunts, i use them for server purposes like /kick or /addbot or /restart. Just think of something you want to do faster and it works well.

Alamo
February 23, 2005, 11:06 pm
Huh... I don't use taunts at all... I just play. When I feel like goofing around, the standard taunts are best anyway. Plus, they show your love to the one and only game on this planet! ;)

Unlucky 13
February 24, 2005, 7:25 am
One taunt, the others are commands.
Never mess with a Spas-tic! is my profile taunt.

May as well tell you my lineup...

QAZ = Enemy Flagger escape route
WSX = Friendly Flagger incoming route
EDC = Enemy incoming x # route
RV = Loose flag positions
F = Friendly Flagger positions
TGB = Flag orders, eg: ^Guard the flag!
YHN = Route clear status eg: ^Upper route clear!
UJM = Sniper/Camper route
IK = Offence/Defence orders, eg: ^Someone take defence!
OL = Reporting Offence/Defence, eg: ^I am on defence!
P = Assault the base!

1 = Hey, good game!
2 = Never mess with a Spas-tic!
3 = /mercy
4 = /victory
5 = ^Assistance is needed @
6 = ^Flag carrier, I've got your back!
7 = ^Kindly get to base, I need to pass the flag!
8 = ^Sniper @
9 = ^Camper @
0 = ^Enemy Flagger @

All in all, really simple layout for quick reports!

February 24, 2005, 10:36 am
hmm, how about a matrix styled one? Im still working on how to mod mine, i really need help.

"NEO,I BELEIVE!"

DeMonIc
February 24, 2005, 1:19 pm
I recently started using /victory. It annoys the hell out of people :]

STEELIX
February 24, 2005, 2:20 pm
QAZ - incoming direction
WSX - efc escaping direction
ER - Dead meat / couldn't stop them
DF - Yes/No
CV - Where is efc/ffc
B - Good job!
PO - Help needed top
LK - " " middle
M - " " below
IJN - Friendly Flag carrier direction
123 - Flag loose direction
Everything else, just the taunt taunts ;)