( search forums )
Modding
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
February 22, 2005, 11:17 pm
i dont know if this has been asked before but if anyone knows any good modding program for Soldat please send me the URL or the name of it.....thanks.

BManx2000
February 22, 2005, 11:53 pm
There's no such thing as a "modding program", but as for paint programs, you can try the GIMP.
www.gimp.org
Go to "gimp for windows", then "automated installer". Make sure you download and install GTK+ 2 before you istall the gimp or it won't work.

Lt. Sneezy
February 23, 2005, 2:44 am
Gimp is good, but honestly, MS Paint can be just as effective if you can use it well enough.

Sam
February 23, 2005, 6:59 pm
I use paint to draw the stuff, and photoshop to resize, and do gradients and stuff, although they can be done in paint.

MercyM
February 23, 2005, 7:08 pm
I downloaded GIMP and it's pretty good program for modding

BManx2000
February 23, 2005, 7:46 pm
GIMP has some features that make life easier for modders. It resizes better than paint, it can custom-rotate stuff, there's gradients, there's noisify to make stuff look less flat, there's layers, and probably most importantly, there's semi-transparent brushes for shading.

Deleted User
February 23, 2005, 10:54 pm
sorry for the dumb question its just that i mod unreal tournament with UnrealED so i wanted to know if there was like a map making or something else kinda program......sorry

Aegis
February 24, 2005, 1:44 am
From Soldat.pl :
-Editors

Taken from the FAQ pagequote:15. How can I mod the game?

It's not easy. You can just change the graphics, sounds and weapon names in Soldat\Txt\weaponnames.txt now. Remember that the weapons size must not be much larger than the original size.

Also, check the Interface/Mods section of the forums.

February 24, 2005, 8:40 am
photoshop resizing, paint for the rough work. Suits me. To me i only use photoshop for the final product, cos it takes forever to open.

MercyM
February 24, 2005, 8:46 am
Yeah... I always do the job with MSPaint, I'm already used to it. Final job I do with GIMP