( search forums )
DM_Jahbojah (Final update...get it again)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 12:50 am
In responce to the mapping contest, here is my own jungle themed map.

*Supports DM, TM, rambo, and pointmatch
*Fully waypointed
*No custom sceneries
*Good for 6-14 players

Thanks to Imageshack.us for hosting:
Overview
Screenie #1
Screenie #2
Download

Questions, comments? Enjoy.

AWH_ReApEr
February 23, 2005, 1:12 am
Beautiful. Added to "{A.W.H} Dedicated" server's Line-Up. I love this map. =D

Norse
February 23, 2005, 1:26 am
You, sir, are one helluva mapper! Excellent shading, everything else...love it! 10/10!

Rambo_6
February 23, 2005, 1:47 am
Not bad, but it looks way too simailar to your other maps... It uses the same color schemes :p

But i'm just a nitpick.

N1nj@
February 23, 2005, 2:12 am
the light thing is getting overused and I found it as one of the ugliest scenery ever made...stop using it plz

The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 2:13 am
Crap...I actually changed the colors before the release and forgot to put the new scheme in the .zip. I'll release it again.

Edit: Thanks for the input, but I happen to like the lights. I'll keep an ear open for other opinions like that and go from there.

Lt. Sneezy
February 23, 2005, 2:45 am
Really good looking, and great job on the shading. A++.

Deleted User
February 23, 2005, 3:16 pm
:)
cool shading ...d\l it ^^
and in what editor u made this map ???

GluLm
February 23, 2005, 4:25 pm
I agree with N1nj@, this light scenery looks really ugly.
The other popular light scenery file is better: light
Anyhow this map looks very nice, but the bottom part looks a bit plain.

The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 4:31 pm
Yeah...that's what happens I'm running out of scenery/trying to make an empty, open lower area.

Edit: Higher transparency = sexy, I'll up date

Thanks for the input.

Skate4Razors
February 23, 2005, 4:37 pm
In the second screen, I don't think the liana (I think) mixes well with the orange shading. I think you should add some green there, or take that out. Overall though, I really like the looks of th map.

The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 4:45 pm
The screenshot is old...the color is slightly different now. There's one liana barely in the shot...are you talking about the grass?

MercyM
February 23, 2005, 5:23 pm
Wow, it looks great. And there's enough space for a duel

Avarax
February 23, 2005, 7:35 pm
as you can see in the news on www.soldat.pl Soldat will be in a TV Gaming league in germany.
i will be one of the admins of the league together with skc.wyros.
we are now searching a custom map for the mappool and this one seems optically and gameplayilly (o_O) very interesting. can i add it to the candidates for a vote?

Rambo_6
February 23, 2005, 8:03 pm
I agree with ninj@, the light scenery is sorta plain.... What's wrong with the one used in ctf_Equinox?

Maxx
February 23, 2005, 10:32 pm
Great map!
Colors look pretty good to me.
=D

The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 11:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxas you can see in the news on www.soldat.pl Soldat will be in a TV Gaming league in germany.
i will be one of the admins of the league together with skc.wyros.
we are now searching a custom map for the mappool and this one seems optically and gameplayilly (o_O) very interesting. can i add it to the candidates for a vote?

I'd be honored. Let me know if you experience any problems with the map so I can fix them.

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I agree with ninj@, the light scenery is sorta plain.... What's wrong with the one used in ctf_Equinox?

Nothing at all. I thought I edited my post...I swapped out the ugly lighting for the one used in Eqinox. My only problem was with the way it was used in equinox...no transparency, so you had "dark" light. But I made the scenery more transparent and it solved my problem in addition to making the lighting that much more sexy.

GluLm
February 23, 2005, 11:07 pm
There's a problem with this light scenery you included...
you modified the original "323527small.bmp" and reversed it.
It's a bad thing because there's now a conflict with other maps that used this scenery.
Why didn't you just download the one I posted and rename it to whatever you like?
That was there wouldn't be any conflict... I suggest you do this as soon as possible, please, okay, thank you.
It looks better with this scenery by the way. ;)

The Geologist
February 23, 2005, 11:16 pm
People shouldn't make upsidedown sceneries that are inconvenient to use. :/

Edit: Done. New, fixed up version with renamed scenery is available for download up top. Thanks for the info.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 24, 2005, 12:10 am
I tried this map and it has great gameplay. Your shading is also very amazing.

Rambo_6
February 24, 2005, 3:11 am
I must say, this is quite a nice looking map. And they don't take you too long to make either. The only (nitpicky) problems i have with it are:

1. There's an incredible amount of unneccessary open space over the left (and a little on the right) side of the map. You could simply add more land overhead, or maybe lower the roof in those areas to prevent unneccesary bullet lag/wallhumping.

2. The bottom shades into black, which generally isn't the best idea. Try shading into a dark, dark grey instead, so the texture doesn't completely dissappear. Again, this is very nitpicky of me.

3. This texture, however awesome it may be, is way overused. I suggest using photoshop and putting some filters over it, just for the sake of being different :) If you want, i could try making a texture for it.

Overall, this map looks damn good.

Hiei
February 25, 2005, 3:17 pm
Nice job with the shading must say 9.5 i give it cause im just nice