( search forums )
Mods - Thinking Long Term
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
ArmadonRK
February 23, 2005, 2:19 am
I've started several Soldat mods, none near completion.
I as oiginally going to release the mods as normal, but with the wepon editor seemingy on the way, I thought I could pull off a few full conversions, instead of just graphics. So I've started mapping out some ideas for mods.

-America' Army mod
This mod would involve 1 hit kill nades and very powerful weapons for realism, it would only take a few bullets to die.3 is the standard I'm lookng to set, and probably with an M16 or M4. There would be no 1 hit kill sniper, although snipers would probably get only two hits. Bink effect is almost definite for this.
>AA weapons, high damage (realistic health)
>1-hit kill nades
>M16
>M4 - Automatic, scoped, low/mid-damage per bullet
>SPR - Semi Auto, scoped, mid/high-damage per bullet
>M24 and M82 - scoped, high-damage per bullet, long reload (non-auto, non-semi-auto)
>etc
-Metroid Prime mod
This one seems a bit harder to pull off with the weapon editor. This is going to be more graphical with the WE just to compliment damage values. Any suggestions would be helpful.
-MegaMan mod
MegaMan X and Zero to be precise. This will also be mostly graphical like the Metroid mod, with the exceptions of melee weapons, which have to worked out.
-Endless mod
>All my favorite weapons with real or unreal changes
>SOCOM, Steyr AUG (A3), Seburo MN23, Seburo CX1, M4, FN-P90, etc
This mod will probably also come in variants for each type of rifle. So I can have each rifle with a scope, nade launcher etc. Although since Soldat does not have secondary firing, the weapon "mod" would only be another weapon menu selection.
-Republic Commando mod
A farily straightforward mod.
>DC-17M - Auto, Sniper, Rocket/Anti-Armor
>DC-15S pistol
>various Trandoshan, Geonosian, Wookie and Droid weapons
New:
-BLADE Mod
B.L.A.D.E. stands for Bionic Lithium Armor and Data Entity. This mod changes gostek to not be playable online, since you will be robotic beings, not all of human shape. Weapons to match will be included, of course.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they'd really help. Thanks.

I'll be coming up with more ideas as I work on the mods, Imight start new mods as well.

Progress is not bad. I've been fiddling with numbers for the AA mod first, using the current Soldat weaons to ref stats and such. I think I've got everything down for the Weap Editor release. Graphics are slightly slower. I've got some AA and Endless gfx, although the MP gfx are harder to do iwhtout having all of the beam arm cannons look the same.

Psyl3ntShad0w
February 23, 2005, 3:56 am
want some more ideas for possible mods?

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16701

February 23, 2005, 11:45 am
Hmm, sidearm for republic commando:
LAW= Wookie rocket Launcher
Steyr Aug= ACP gun
Gattling gun= Trandoshan heavy repeater or eweb cannon
Knife= Mandalorian Knife(one attached to glove)
Spas= Trandoshan Array Gun
Ruger = Wookie Bowcaster

ArmadonRK
March 1, 2005, 11:21 pm
Thanks for the ideas. I'll get to work on some of the gfx this weekend.
I also added an idea to my post.

March 2, 2005, 6:44 am
Cool, hope to see em, i simply luv republic commando, its a good game ans the weapons are awesome.