( search forums )
vehicle mod
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Dark Lizard
February 23, 2005, 9:20 am
i know alot of people say you cant have vehicles in soldat because it doesnt fit with the game but i thought of an actual good vehicle mod.i am currently working on making it, but its gonna take awhile.i am basically taking the dirt bike from trail bike pro (you can try it out at miniclip.com) and putting it into soldat with a few changes.i dont want to bore people with how i am going to do the complicated stuff, but i am basically gonna make the bike real fast and you can run people over and stuff.also im gonna make it hard to control and if your guy hits the landscape while on the bike he dies.i am trying to even it out so it not to good.some other things are you cant shoot while accelerating or braking and vice versa. and 180s on the bike will actually take up time unlike when not on the bike.i am seriously wokring on this right now and i hope i didnt bore people to much, just wondering what other people might think of it

Meandor
February 23, 2005, 10:06 am
I would've deleted this because the vehicle suggestions are countless.. but you say you're working on it? wtf?

Will
February 23, 2005, 10:34 am
how can you be working on this?

as far as i am aware the source code for soldat hasnt been released.

Captain Ben
February 23, 2005, 10:45 am
cough, hacker, cough.
nah just kidding :P
sounds good... i'd like to see it when it's done, though, how will you make the bike turn around?
on the ground?

Deleted User
February 23, 2005, 12:47 pm
Bikes? Why bikes?
What about tiny tanks and planes
that way there would be more action!!

SPARTAN_III
February 23, 2005, 1:42 pm
wtf is wrong with vehicels? there could be a vehicle only gametype, or a selectable vehicle mode for dm, tdm and pm

February 23, 2005, 1:51 pm
SPARTAN, think about it. You woul need huge maps + a vehicle that is animated. I beleive the LOL mod is good enough for me. And besides, i think he's doing a chain mobile mod

zambo_the_clown
February 23, 2005, 4:45 pm
heres what ppl dont get bout the vehicle crap ( talking about peeps who want vehicles not vehicle mods). if you had vehicles in soldat then either the vehicles runs over the players or runs through the players leaving them unharmed. you would be either killing your teammate (friendly fire) or either pushing em if not running through them therefore making the game suck... vehicles may also mess up other things and probably cause more problems and bugs. the mod idea isn't a bad idea cuz mods are fine. no hard feelings

Dark Lizard
February 23, 2005, 6:44 pm
well im glad people get my point for doing this,i want people to have an oppourtunity to try out a vehicle mod for soldat.i do not want to change the actual game by putting vehicles in it.i wanted to do this because i wanted to show people that vehicles could actually work in soldat.i am trying to make everything flow nice so what zambo mentioned wont happen(which would make it suck).and to what ben asked 180 can done mid air, but if you are on the ground you will have to be stopped before you can turn.some mini plane thing would be nice(like the banshee from halo)but i am just working on the bike now and its taking me long enough as is.i am going to have to make levels for it i know to because what good it is if you cant ride on it, but that wont take to long.some other things i guess ill mention are its gonna have an actual health level(itll be kinda like a bullet proof vest) but itll blow up when its got no health.i am gonna make some new boxes to like a repair box, and a gas box(im not gonna give it unlimited fuel that would be dumb).

Dark Lizard
February 23, 2005, 6:51 pm
oh and one more thing when im done with this i think im gonna work on making a mechwarrior type thing with kinda slow movement,jet boots,a big gatling gun, and a flamethower(you could switch between the two).also im thinking of give it an open faced cockpit so it wouldnt be to cheap.plz offer any suggestions on either of these mods i am working on because the more stuff people can tell me about how to doit or what not to do wrong the better they will be.

Svirin Kerath
February 23, 2005, 8:26 pm
i wanted to make a mechwarrior mod.... one of the mods i dropped for lack of time...

how exactly are you accomplishing this, anyway?

zyxstand
February 23, 2005, 9:55 pm
i have no clu how ur gonna pull that off...but some kinda preview would b nice (whether it'd be just a lil movie clip we can watch to see how it would look like...)

Dark Lizard
February 23, 2005, 10:01 pm
well its all really time consuming ill try and get a preview by saturday.and im basically copying the trail bike game and just moding it ,and then putting it into soldat

STEELIX
February 23, 2005, 10:09 pm
I'm confuzzled... wouldn't he have to hack the soldat source code in order to make this?

I'm not accusing him or anything, but I'm just wondering.

Meandor
February 23, 2005, 10:51 pm
Or something like that. But i smell bs. Dark Lizard.. what files are you editing?

BManx2000
February 23, 2005, 10:54 pm
From what I see, this guy is either talking out of his ass (i.e. this is never happenening) or he is somehow hacking soldat to put vehicles in it. Hacking soldat in any way is, of course, a big no-no.

zambo_the_clown
February 23, 2005, 11:07 pm
what proof do ya got on this guy, hes just trying to make a vehicle mod or whatever. ya dont have anything on him so hes fine. if he is a hacker then ya just have to wait and theres no way to stop him from doing it. i dont like hackers but im not accusing you of anything.

Niff
February 24, 2005, 2:39 am
BS/lies/untruths etc

Dark Lizard
February 24, 2005, 2:49 am
um im not a hacker im just making a vehicle mod.i do have to edit a ton crap to do so i dont know if thats hacking or not.i am not changing anything with the game im just adding the bike to it.

Dark Lizard
February 24, 2005, 4:33 am
i dont think i am going to be able to do this, my orginal idea was just to copy the trail bike game and put it into soldat.that would actually be doable,but i have to buy the game first.so until i actually buy the game i cant do this,cause theres no way in hell i am going to be able to make it from scratch.so this topic should probably be deleted and i will post back when i know i can actually doit.

February 24, 2005, 9:37 am
dark lizard, sigh. Do you even know what you can and cannot do? IF WE COULD CREATE A PROPER PURE VEHICLE MOD(OTHER THAN THE CHAINMOBILE) THEN WE WOULD HAVE DONE IT BEFORE! I wanted to create one. It is not possible unless you hack adn edit the source which Michal has willingly hidden so people can't find a way to create hacks easier than they can do now. If you edit the source, ur gonna end up with a lotta bs happening to your soldat. Drop it, i don't even know what the trail bike game is about. And no, u can't simply insert stuff into soldat. Of course you can't do it from scratch! With all the people asking for vehicl mods, michal would have inserted it. So just be patient cos if you screw up soldat, no help comes.

blackdevil0742
February 24, 2005, 10:41 am
it would work if you do it like in ElastoMania(a very fun game^^).

Captain Ben
February 24, 2005, 11:11 am
what's elastomania?
anyway, that'sm not what i asked.
how will you get a 2 dimensional bike to turn around?

blackdevil0742
February 24, 2005, 12:36 pm
quote:what's elastomania?
anyway, that'sm not what i asked.
how will you get a 2 dimensional bike to turn around?

your questions will be anwsered, just look at the game

official site: http://www.elastomania.com
no screenies

a big fan site with screens
http://www.moposite.com/info_elasto_mania.php

BManx2000
February 24, 2005, 2:39 pm
Trial bike is a java game on miniclip with better physics than elastomania.

blackdevil0742
February 24, 2005, 2:53 pm
yeah, i know but why make it so complicated...

ClanKwH
February 24, 2005, 3:02 pm
LISTEN.. the vehicles would turn like you turn the bike in Elastomania?

Dathker
February 24, 2005, 9:28 pm
IDIOT

zyxstand
February 24, 2005, 10:44 pm
i lovED elastomania...it got boring after all the cool stunts have been pulled off...neways bikes turning like in elastomania would look retarted... i suggest that if te graphics is low enuf for a person not to see too well how the handle looks like, u can just have the bike kinda suddenly flip horizontaly without any animation - with low graphics noone can really set that change too rough. Or else you could have like a lil animation for the bike... HOWEVER the bike should not follow the curser, so that way u can shoot backwards. the bike should move according to what direction you're pressing (left or right) - btw are jet boots gonna work on bike to slowly lift it!??! also, you could just draw a lil animation to flip the bike which would take some considerable time and also make it a lil elastic like in elastomania so that u can perhaps to some upside-down wall riding! and make the person be able to like lift the front wheel off and pull off a wheely... :D

PaulCZ
February 24, 2005, 11:24 pm
hm screenshot ? :)

Dark Lizard
February 25, 2005, 2:45 am
i didnt think id need the source code to mod the game cause i got c++ program , oh well i got my hopes to high guess this mod wont be happening for a long time.but i guess its still an ok idea

zyxstand
February 25, 2005, 3:08 am
can we now lock this topic since it is now clear that he has no clue what he's doing!!

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 8:14 am
ElMa is by a hungarian man. :DDDD

Meandor
February 25, 2005, 1:09 pm
lmao

DeMonIc
February 26, 2005, 8:58 am
MEANDOR FOR SATAN!

papasurf31
February 26, 2005, 12:35 pm
u nub, SATAN FOR MEANDOR

February 26, 2005, 1:00 pm
LOCK THIS TOPIC. Dark Lizard, can you think of a possible explanation for why michal didn't release the source?
No, guess again.
Give up? Simple. If he released the source it would make hacking jobs easier. So everyone online would be cheating. Or if you modified it and everyone downloaded it, some new people who get into soldat might not be able to play with the people who do have modified source codin. If you want it installed, email it to michal and wait for it in the next version. READ THE FAQ

Captain Ben
February 26, 2005, 1:49 pm
nice speech.
i would have read it, but...

DeMonIc
February 26, 2005, 2:32 pm
..you failed at first grade, and you're mom is reading and writing the posts for you?

Meandor
February 26, 2005, 3:36 pm
117: too bad, nobody can lock it now.

Dark Lizard
February 26, 2005, 8:57 pm
hey guys jeez im sorry i never made any mods before i just d/led some programming software in hopes that making this mod would be possible,i posted before i even tried screwing around with the files.i didnt know i needed the source code i figured i could just change the existing copy i have of soldat.so neway this whole project failed completly and now everyone hates me, so i just want to say i am sorry i didnt know what i was doing.

DeMonIc
February 26, 2005, 9:03 pm
There there son. You can always change your name, and pray that noone will remember you :)

Dark Lizard
February 26, 2005, 9:18 pm
meh whats the point, i got out of hand with the idea i had without realizing i couldnt doit, i know what i did and im sorry if you still hate me your an asshole and you can go [IMAGE] yourself

Rambo_6
February 26, 2005, 10:20 pm
Calm 'er down, buddeh.

I reccomend deleting this thread, and making sure nobody ever brings this topic up. Ever again.

Or move it to the bash pit... >:)

Deleted User
February 26, 2005, 11:17 pm
R_6, this is in bash pit already.

BManx2000
February 27, 2005, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Dark Lizardhey guys jeez im sorry i never made any mods before i just d/led some programming software in hopes that making this mod would be possible,i posted before i even tried screwing around with the files.
Excuse me while I laugh uncontrollably.

February 27, 2005, 10:59 am
thats nice
But, honestly, save yourself trouble and go change your name/immigrate/eat cookies/ i meant get plastic surgery, change your DNA, stage your death and then cut of you thumbs and replace em with someone elses. That way, you are sure to be unrecognizable.

Alamo
February 27, 2005, 11:06 am
It's funny how ppl can make a total fool of themselves in no time.

papasurf31
February 27, 2005, 3:26 pm
Notice in his last post, the first half has devoted to apologizing and second half told you to go shove it. O.o