( search forums )
A map that may or may not already exist
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
February 23, 2005, 1:28 pm
Here's my problem:
A while back, I made a map for a competition called StickyDampArea. I've decided to make a ctf version of this map, but I've been informed that a ctf version of the map has already been made. I'm not sure if this is true or not, as I can't find the map in question, and information I've recieved has been a bit vague.
Can someone link me to this map, or tell me who made it, if it has been made. I want to do this because:
1. I want to see if the map's any good.
2. I want to make the map without causing any confusion.
For your enjoyment, here's the concept picture. And don't steal it please.

[IMAGE]

MercyM
February 23, 2005, 1:51 pm
I think that I've seen it in Selfkill...

Sam
February 23, 2005, 7:08 pm
Nice drawing skills. But i havent seen the map no, although ive only beed playing for about half a year.

Soap
February 24, 2005, 8:37 am
You draw your maps just like I do.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 24, 2005, 5:59 pm
haha, they're so much better then my concept maps...

and I think I've heard of it, but never seen it myself...lemme check my maps folder

I found a DM version of it, but it looks nothing like what you've drawn, so my guess is that there isn't a ctf version of it

Avarax
February 24, 2005, 6:51 pm
oh, cool, i'm gonna take that concept, it looks nice ;/

grand_diablo
February 24, 2005, 8:16 pm
There are maps with a layout that has some similarities, yet i cant remember a map shaped like that. so, just do it :P

___
Im actually not sure if Avarax is joking O.o

February 24, 2005, 10:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloThere are maps with a layout that has some similarities, yet i cant remember a map shaped like that. so, just do it :P

Not quite what I meant.
What I'm asking is, is there a map with the name ctf_damparea or something similar?
EDIT:
Leo, I made the DM version. that's why I'm making a ctf version.

grand_diablo
February 26, 2005, 6:12 pm
Umh
cant remember a map with that name, there is none named like that in the selfkill archive

Droopy
March 16, 2005, 6:50 pm
Just make the map. The person who made the "same" map as he claims will be so shocked of the beauty and sexinesnes he'll proboably let you keep the name.

MercyM
March 16, 2005, 6:51 pm
This is a bit old thread... about 2 weeks...