( search forums )
Unreal Tournament Jumps.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
February 23, 2005, 6:11 pm
Well, I just installed the UTubermod, a extremely tight mod that transforms your weapons/gosteks/textures to that of Unreal Tournament 2004. Now i played UT2004 a while back and I remember my favorite part was the jumping. To say the least, you could jump normally but then you could double tap, which would allow your player to flip and such. Imagine your on a level and someone shoots a law at you and you do a flip right over it and while your upside down you throw your knife in someones head. I smile just thinking about it. Now i know soldat is suppose to be somewhat realistic but I just think, adding such a feature would make the game more apeeling to a larger group of people. Please dont flame. :)

Vijchtidoodah
February 23, 2005, 11:09 pm
Oooh...that would be sooo awesome.

LazehBoi
February 24, 2005, 12:12 am
...I would like that, actually.

-Claw-
February 24, 2005, 12:25 am
yes, might be cool, in some situations.. when here is no jet available, like in lagrange..

FliesLikeABrick
February 24, 2005, 12:49 am
we have jets

zyxstand
February 24, 2005, 1:10 am
well, u aint gonna be able to react fast enuf to dodge a rocket launcher... however if you're like just about to run into a guy with a chainsaw and u have no weapon selected it WOULD be cool to like flip over him last second switch to knife and throw it right above (when upside-down that's under) you and hit him in the head...
not too much good use for that idea but i like it nevertheless

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 24, 2005, 1:16 am
I'd like it if I am allowed to shoot my gun while flipped

DT
February 24, 2005, 1:47 am
by the gods... NO
you don't do flips in the air without using your jetpacks

Niff
February 24, 2005, 2:37 am
Some kind of jet flip would be cool.

Deleted User
February 24, 2005, 3:09 am
How about you can only "double jump" right after you jump straight off the ground. If you use jets before you "double jump" you don't go any higher, you just do a flip and loose altitude.

MercyM
February 24, 2005, 8:28 am
I would like to see that on newest version of Soldat

blackdevil0742
February 24, 2005, 8:34 am
it would be fun^^
me likes

February 24, 2005, 9:21 am
we have jets, pfft! How about on maps like B2b ? v little jets? And could help on those climbing maps. Gotta love them minds of these people. Yes, this would be a great idea. Think of all the demo possibilities......

Captain Ben
February 24, 2005, 10:13 am
and how much more i could be like a ninja!!!
oh wait, pirate :P

-Claw-
February 24, 2005, 11:33 am
well, i like it, IF it isn't like dodging LAW and barrett, or m79, knife.. and not always Jump, Jump, Jump, Shoot with Barrett, Jump, Shoot with barrett, Get flag, Jump, Jump, Dodge LAW, Jump, Shoot with barrett, cap, Jump....

STEELIX
February 24, 2005, 2:24 pm
Even better Ben, be a ninja pirate ;)
I'd like this... I've always liked the idea of some acrobatic moves in soldat.

DT
February 24, 2005, 3:38 pm
thier are acrobatic moves in soldat... you just gota fiure them out...like i did...
i'll post pictures later..
quote: BTW, DT, please post pics. :D

i'm at school i can't even make em...

Sam
February 24, 2005, 4:14 pm
Would add an extra feature to all soldat movies aswell.

Judge_Man
February 24, 2005, 4:34 pm
Yeah, UT's double-jump are so nice. Would be really great in-game. Would'nt transform the whole soldat gameplay.

Maluno
February 24, 2005, 7:32 pm
Excellent idea. I am suprised I have never heard anyone suggest this before. I've seen suggestions advocating everything from the implementation of Airplanes and Helicopters, to atomic bombs. This one actually makes sense. BTW, DT, please post pics. :D

STEELIX
February 24, 2005, 8:37 pm
Meh, his "acrobatic moves" are probably just rolling from walls and the lot... I mean real moves :P

papasurf31
February 24, 2005, 10:07 pm
D00d, i made that mod. Yay! Double jump would be great. Maybe even triple jump, if you are completely unarmed. Makes sense as you have less weight on you and you could jump higher. Like SSBM.

IDF-RIPsta
February 24, 2005, 11:15 pm
I'm definitely a supporter of more dodging moves and faster movements in general.

echo
February 25, 2005, 9:18 am
Quite unrealistic. Maybe a button with extra jet fuel would do it. You could press Space,for example, and the soldat would get a super jet boost (with quite long reload i guess).

STEELIX
February 25, 2005, 1:54 pm
Who cares about realistic things...

echo
February 25, 2005, 2:04 pm
I do.. or else u should be able to shoot Law in the air again, for example. It was removed for being unrealistic. Got it pokemon?

STEELIX
February 25, 2005, 4:10 pm
Well excuse me, mister pokemon hater.

zyxstand
February 25, 2005, 9:21 pm
ight enuf about u 2 - back to the idea: it's good and stuff but some problems could occur when like flipping onto a wall u might like end up being upside down when against the wall and then if he still spins it'd look weird (and stopping upside down is quite stupid as well). so i dunno how to solve tat lil problem but also, it'd be coold if u can flippingly jump off walls and make a backflip or something! we need ways to bounce off walls better so it doens't slow you down as much in the game cuz it gets really annoying that you can't control ur guy a lot while fallin straight down. so then you could like bounce off walls and be quicker and less predictable and harder to estimate how to shoot u)...

Jaz
February 25, 2005, 10:07 pm
you can roll off cliffs in soldat and i noticed that with m79 bullet goes straight down. I think this is a cool feature allready in soldat, i dont really know about double and triple jumps...

Captain Ben
February 26, 2005, 10:41 am
i think it shouldn't qualify as a second jump- just something to look cool in the air.
perhaps you could do a variety of flips, depending on how many times you press the jump button in the air?

Deleted User
February 26, 2005, 9:37 pm
Ben, thats kind of what I was thinking. Not something to totally launch you a second time, but more of just a acrobatical move.

-Claw-
February 27, 2005, 2:16 am
GEETZZTZ!!!123812!9((

Maybe also kicking and punching moves too! Think: U come against me with no weapon and i notice that, i throw my weapon away and kill you witj Punch-punch-Lowkick-spinkick combo! COOL!

or maybe.. just leave Soldat animations as they are now, at least i dont see anything wjy should soldat need something new.. just fix old bugs, that is best addition ever! BUGFREE SOLDAT!

Captain Ben
February 27, 2005, 3:10 am
perhaps if you puched (unarmed) in the air, you could do a judo-kick as well?

February 27, 2005, 7:16 am
Yeah, like in FEAR! And it would turn the game into a souped up version of moonlander, cos everyone would be using retrojets to fly around. And then there would be countering systems, blocks and soldat would turn into an MMORPG where it will be turn based and moogle will keep saying random crap. Yey.

diediedie119
February 28, 2005, 7:44 am
how bout u flip if u press jump 2 time and hold a direction and then when u r flippin u go bullet time MATRIX

February 28, 2005, 7:47 am
Then everyone would have to go into bullet time, cos if people kept doing that then the game would be very sluggish and annoying cos the time ang lag would cause problems and they will still be firing at the same speed.

Swebonny
February 28, 2005, 8:08 am
Dam i like that idea!! I will like be like some Ninja games :)

Judge_Man
February 28, 2005, 5:20 pm
You are all AWAY from the original idea but REALLY away. We talking about a simple "double-jump" 2 step: 1) press jump button once --> normal jump. 2) press jump button 2 times fast --> normal jump+ second jump(smaller).

NOt your double backflip 5*jump roll kick punch kick.

zoldat
February 28, 2005, 8:01 pm
YA YA YA YA

diediedie119
February 28, 2005, 9:30 pm
ok ok dam it

Icarius
February 28, 2005, 11:13 pm
I tell you what would be better Air Dash.

It would take about half a bar of Jet boost if you do it, but depending on the way you're facing, it pushes you in that direction to about a good run speed.

This would help balance the barret (because the bink is a little too unfair) and the whiners finally. Should of thought of it sooner.

(oh and what button would you use? Middle click perhaps?)

Judge_Man
March 1, 2005, 12:51 am
How would it balance the barret?
And the barret IS perfect as it is now with bink.

Icarius
March 1, 2005, 12:09 pm
Being able to suddenly stop in the air then dash suddenly in a direction just before it fires would seriously undermine the barret. I always found that the Bink should of at least been reserved for something like Realistic mode.

DeMonIc
March 1, 2005, 12:30 pm
I'm with Icarius: Soldat does need more movement, but double jumps would be too.. akward. We already have jet boots for moving up, now all we need is a dash to move fast right and left. I believe a double tap would be just right.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 1, 2005, 1:21 pm
Maybe I could add something like this, I've been thinking of some dodge movements for some time now.

Jaz
March 1, 2005, 1:51 pm
Hate something oobaa change something oobaa hate something change samthing hate something chaaaaaaaange. Hate is good ! hate something oobaa change something.

STEELIX
March 1, 2005, 2:30 pm
I hope nothing on the middle button though, I like having reload there.

Jaz
March 1, 2005, 2:42 pm
buttons can be changed steelix ;d

DT
March 1, 2005, 3:54 pm
... soldat double jumps... if you are skilled enough and smart enough you can figure out dodge moves by yourself...
(still gota post pics... and make them to)
i strongly disagree on this... to me its just not soldat if you put in double jumps and dashes...

Icarius
March 2, 2005, 6:33 pm
Ok, let me argue this point further and you might agree more then. Soldat's movement has often, in my opinion, been very slow. I've always wanted something like a double dash to help me avoid those who use the barret as a rail gun. For example, you know when someone is about to do an air shot on you, if suddenly they stop moving completly. The barret would then offically become a Sniper Rifle. Not being able to dodge stuff sometimes just makes me think

"[IMAGE] this, not worth playing it anymore" and I give up for a year.

Since however, you don't like the idea, turning it on and off in servers, would be interesting. This again adds an element of customization thats been needed for a while.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 11:08 pm
ya dodging jumps wuld kik arse.....BAHA!!!

Vanana
March 16, 2005, 1:26 am
quote:Originally posted by DT... soldat double jumps... if you are skilled enough and smart enough you can figure out dodge moves by yourself...
(still gota post pics... and make them to)
i strongly disagree on this... to me its just not soldat if you put in double jumps and dashes...

well mr.DT, i respect your opinion but if almost every1 want this theres no more solution than take it
if you dont want double jump just dont do it ;)
Btw, i like the "dash jump" idea by tapping 2wice "a" or "d"
itll help alot to dodge jumping back... =)