( search forums )
Fixed: Can't run soldat, never comes intro
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Ken the Great
February 24, 2005, 9:15 am
I solved the problem about the 2 errors who comes with reading topics but this problem I didn't find: When I start Soldat.exe I go OK on the popup window then it comes the green & red windows but I think it's just before the intro movie it shuts down. Can anyone help me? would be happy if you can.

Deleted User
February 24, 2005, 1:08 pm
Try disabling the intro in Config.exe, and see if you can play Soldat that way.

Ken the Great
February 24, 2005, 2:51 pm
I tried, then it said I need DirectX 8,in the first menu there you select player, and I got DirectX 9. where can I find this version 8?

Deleted User
February 24, 2005, 6:13 pm
Okay, you want DirectX 9. What are your system specs? (Video Card, RAM, etc.)

MercyM
February 24, 2005, 6:34 pm
I've had that same bug long long time ago, I had 9, bit needed 8... Try reinstalling Soldat

Ken the Great
February 25, 2005, 1:18 pm
well I just re-installed it then I got these problems, so I installed DirectX 9, then when I tried to play and took off intro as said earlier it said I needed DirectX 8. MercyM: do you mean that I don't need DirectX 8 and just need to reinstall Soldat? btw I couldn't find the DirectX 8 on Microsoft, there I found the DirectX 9.

Ken the Great
February 25, 2005, 1:22 pm
well and my Video Card: Intel 82810 Graphics Controller, I got 128Mb RAM and 18,6Gb HardDrive and Intel Celeron Processor on about 1000Mhz. it's not such a good computer, it's some years old, I've played Soldat before and then it worked but some days ago I tried to Recover the computer (Recovery CD-Rom) and then I lost the DirectX's.

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 3:34 pm
The Recovery may be what's causing the problem here. Try reinstalling Soldat, DirectX 9.0c, and your video card drivers. Sometimes, using Recovery can cause a few issues with software and games.

-Claw-
February 25, 2005, 6:35 pm
And remember, When you install DirectX, Any drivers, and then Soldat, reboot after installing each of them..

Ken the Great
February 26, 2005, 10:10 pm
I solved it by reinstalling the DirectX and drivers and soldat :) thank you for your help!