( search forums )
ouden?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
FliesLikeABrick
February 25, 2005, 3:43 am
what ever happened to the ouden project?

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 3:50 am
It's still in progress, just very very slow.

I'm still learning C++ and OpenGL, though I have A+ certification classes and started another internship with a local power supply company. Appearantly they've started offering long-distance phone service and they need a help desk technician to help with that, so my work is a little slow.

However, bb vb has done a lot of work with our GUI, and as far as I know is working on replacing the vector graphics with textures and making it look spiffy.

I'm not sure about the other programmers, but our art team is currently in a bind as we haven't really chosen a style or anything yet, but we do have some pretty good concept art.

We could definitely use some music and sound experts, we need them badly. If anyone here feels like they've got a bit of talent with the music, feel free to let me know.

As always, everyone is welcome to take part and voice their opinion at the forums. Progress is slow, but sure. Luckily we don't have a deadline since we're Open Source, but I do intend to finish the project. I would like to give back to the Soldat community what they have given me.

Captain Ben
February 25, 2005, 5:57 am
the ouden project?
please shed some light.
and lapis, if you'd like volunteer art, i could help (not making promises, though).
damn, you must be busy!

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 7:39 am
Oh yes, everyone is welcome to visit the forums at http://dyn.u13.net:6080/host/cp/forum/ and sound off.

Captain Ben
February 25, 2005, 8:00 am
i can't find much information, but is it a kind version of soldat, with a storyline and other features?
no offence, but the forums look a bit... deserted.

Milkman Dan
February 25, 2005, 9:41 am
*queue tumbleweed*

n00bface
February 25, 2005, 10:47 am
i will give every member of this forum 150$ if ouden ever gets completed.

N1nj@
February 25, 2005, 1:12 pm
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 1:37 pm
COMPLETE OUDEN NOW!

Deleted User
February 25, 2005, 3:41 pm
Progress is slow, I'll admit. Everyone who works on the project has other responsibilities in their lives, but that doesn't mean the project is dead, not at all.

To Captain Ben:

Ouden is going to be a 2D, side-scrolling shooter, akin to Soldat. However, we plan to make Ouden the things that Soldat couldn't be. Imagine Ouden as a 2D gaming engine ala the Quake or Unreal engines. Once its finished, anyone can take the Ouden engine and easily make a game simply by swapping plug-ins or snap-ins, so to speak, and you'd have an entirely new game. If you ever played the original Half-Life, and used their mod system, then you get a picture of what it will be like.

To n00bface:

I appreciate your criticism, and I am glad you're so liberal with your funds should the project ever be completed.

As for everyone else, feel free to discuss your ideas, thoughts, and suggestions on the forums. Everything is considered, and believe it or not, the forums -are- active. We just have a lot of work to do.

n00bface
February 25, 2005, 3:59 pm
oooh progress is slow, huh. make that 200$

peemonkey
February 25, 2005, 6:31 pm
i took a pic and i'll hold you to it n00bface :P damn i need cash

Rhombus
February 25, 2005, 7:07 pm
I know its not true, but it would cost n00beh 1.220.800 bux if the project will be completed. unless there are new members by then of course.

n00bface
February 25, 2005, 7:57 pm
I'm prepared to pay that much

papasurf31
February 25, 2005, 8:02 pm
That's not yen n00bface, that's american dollars. They're actually worth something.

peemonkey
February 25, 2005, 8:08 pm
well, not as much as they used to be :P

n00bface
February 25, 2005, 8:12 pm
not like i ever expect to have to pay you

FliesLikeABrick
February 25, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31That's not yen n00bface, that's american dollars. They're actually worth something.

i actually laughed out loud at "They're actually worth something"

Milkman Dan
February 25, 2005, 11:24 pm
DUDE finish it, it'd be worth it!

wormdundee
February 25, 2005, 11:43 pm
yessir, this is gonna be awesome once its finished. And I have all faith that it will indeed be finished.

Forum activity has gone down recently but that's not the fault of anyone. People have other things to do besides the game of course.

bb_vb
February 25, 2005, 11:53 pm
Damn straight it's gonna get finished!! *quickly loads up dev-c++*...

I just got back from a weeks holidays, and I start uni next week, but I'll try to pick up the pace a bit as I've been slacking recently.

For those with little faith, we now have model loading, ragdoll physics, collision detection, and model textures all pretty much complete. That's on top of the core engine structure and the gui.

Captain Ben
February 26, 2005, 5:15 am
you know, you could 'borrow' the source code for soldat of michal m, and then add decent zombies, ninjas and pirates :D
if you did that, i'd register, even if it was $10!

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 26, 2005, 9:18 am
noob: "Omfgz addeh teh Vehickles!!!11one"

When it is completed I'm going to make Ninjadat, complete with sword fighting system and knife throwing acktion!

Captain Ben
February 26, 2005, 10:45 am
action?