( search forums )
Scenery Distortion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
Vijchtidoodah
February 27, 2005, 12:48 am
I just hate the fact that any scenery that isn't a perfect square gets uglified when you try to change its dimensions. Sure, it would be easy to just change the size of the picture in photoshop...but I'm lazy and don't want to have to take that extra step. Instead, the mapmaker should just change the size of the picture in percentages.

February 27, 2005, 1:04 am
Exactly, but wouldn't it be nice to also have scenery in the background? We can always make lots of small sceneries, but to do a forest map, it would take at least a month :P

Darkspirit
March 4, 2005, 8:16 pm
Ok 117. Do you know the "behind everything" level option when you put sceneries? This is the same thing... . And if you want to add effects, just change transparency and mix sceneries a little bit.

I agree with you Vijchtidoodah. Your idea of percentage smaller or bigger sceneries will be easier to use and it will be faster too.

My idea: Maybe we can create custom backgrounds who move slower than us in the horizon. Here's an exemple. We're on a hill with the sea at the horizon. The sea dont move at the same speed than us because its farther. I hope you mean what i just said.

My second idea is to put some more level options when we place sceneries. Maybe "beyond the player and behind the map" and "beyond the map and behind player". I saw some topics about that. Some topicmaster asked: How we put sceneries behind map and beyond players? Ehh... we can't do it then i suggest to put these options in the map maker...

Vijchtidoodah
March 5, 2005, 12:20 am
I really like your idea about slower moving backgrounds. As for making scenery behind the map but in front of the player, just select the "1-behind map" option.

BTW, your siggy can't exceed four lines of text. Read the rules.

Darkspirit
March 22, 2005, 12:59 am
Mmm... OOPS. Ur true the first level is the same than "Behind map"

Vijchtidoodah
March 22, 2005, 2:26 am
Yes, why don't you try it out instead of asking me if I'm sure and please stop spamming this forum.

Norse
March 23, 2005, 1:21 am
Ah yeah! This is what the mapmaker needs! I always find myself distorting scenery to get a bigger size, but it's always blurry and stretched. /me seconds this motion :P

Boxo
March 23, 2005, 7:12 am
/signs

:p

Darkspirit
March 25, 2005, 1:05 pm
I have a question, are sceneries dimensions be in pixels?