( search forums )
"Cannot send map/textures/(blank)" crash
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Aegis
February 27, 2005, 7:29 am
Search turned up nothing.
This is something I was experiencing repeatedly, every time my deathmatch server switched to a custom map. (non-dedicated, soldat problem). It was an advanced mode server but I don't think that has anything to do with the crash.

Upon map change to the custom map, the server console reads
"Cannot send maps/textures"
"Cannot send maps/"
There is nothing more after these, as if it were trying to send the directory itself or nothing.
The screen goes entirely black, and the sound of capturing the rambo bow plays repeatedly for an infinite period of time, while the server is screwed up. It also appears to kick all players who join immediately (But acts as if they left on their own)

This bug is rather annoying, because it forces me to restart the server (changing the map does not work, and neither do any console commands) However, it doesn't freeze soldat completely. Everything esle still seems to work.

If this problem was already reported, feel free to delete this thread.

February 27, 2005, 8:26 am
hmm, connection died? Or maybe its your firewall so u can't send stuff out. That way if they joined they would not have the map so they can't play.

Aegis
February 28, 2005, 3:59 am
I can send maps and textures fine. This is related to something else. If I start the server on these maps, they can join fine but if it starts on a different map and switches to custom, it crashes like above.