( search forums )
Rules notification thing
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
DeMonIc
February 27, 2005, 9:50 am
Ok, so I'm shure all of you noticed that there are a lot of pointless topics opening up lately..so here's my idea.
When you start a topic, above the "topic starting panel" (where you type the message, and the subject), the current forum rule-sticky would show. This may prevent the newcomers from opening lots and lots of pointless topics.

Vijchtidoodah
February 27, 2005, 10:27 am
YES!
But a short version so that noobs might read it before they realise what it is and ignore it.

N1nj@
February 27, 2005, 2:45 pm
If they are newcomers, they wouldn't notice that and click it to read neither.

DeMonIc
February 27, 2005, 3:15 pm
I didn't mean a link, but the base things that are written in the forum stickies. So if you try to open a topic in general discussions, the "general discussion rules" would display above the New Topic message box.

papasurf31
February 27, 2005, 3:29 pm
Or one of those scroll boxes where you are forced to scroll all the way down before the computer alows you to press accept the [IMAGE]ing user agreement so you can install half life 2...

N1nj@
February 27, 2005, 4:04 pm
and what makes u feel these lazy bummers will read them also.

DeMonIc
February 27, 2005, 6:45 pm
If I'd be running this place, you'd have to fill a form with bunch of questions about the forum rules everytime you'd want to open a topic :) But really, if it's there, with big, shiny text, they'll read it. Or just link it as PR0N!!!

enjoyincubus
February 28, 2005, 12:48 am
Or, perhaps, if certain words were detected...i.e. "vehicles" or "barretard", the topic would need moderator approval before being posted to be viewed by forum users.

I just don't see handing the rules to them as fixing anything. Responsible Soldatians would most likely read them over. Then again, an informed person would not post topics dealing with the introduction of vehicles or a third dimension. They'd have enough experience, from either playing or reading the topics posted by lamers to know what is expected.

papasurf31
February 28, 2005, 1:01 am
The problem with this idea is it would force admins to probably deal with a large number of stupid n00b topics a day, which I'm sure is not on the top of their to do list.

Soldatians? Isn't Soldater the proper term, or player, or forum user or...

enjoyincubus
February 28, 2005, 4:52 pm
I was unaware of a handbook on these terms.

One who is a resident of the Soldat community would be Soldatian. Their occupation is "Professional Soldater". That's just how I've viewed it. :)

Well, the admins will have to deal with these topics, no matter what. Either they'd deal with them once they're posted, or they'll approve the same topics to be posted with this system.

The ideas are mobile. They won't fade away. This is just an effort to save us from dealing with them on such a frequent basis.