( search forums )
Windows XP problem with Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
February 27, 2005, 8:04 pm
Do you need to be a Windows XP administrator to play Soldat in Windows XP? My friend has a restricted account, and he cannot get it to work multiplayer.

-Demon

Deleted User
February 27, 2005, 8:09 pm
Most applications do require administrator privelages in order to function properly in Windows XP, yes.

Deleted User
February 27, 2005, 8:37 pm
I hate you.

SERIAL KILLeR
February 27, 2005, 9:57 pm
what happens when he tries to play online ?

Xanthophobia
March 1, 2005, 9:42 pm
I'm currently playing soldat on a public computer with Windows XP. I installed it on the guest account, and I play it on the guest account. I haven't come across any problems.

zambo_the_clown
March 2, 2005, 2:08 am
its probably because the administrator has set up what users can do and what they they cant. if you can get into the administrator account then i will tell you what to do to make it so you can play soldat under user account

Dathker
March 4, 2005, 2:32 am
the administrator probably has it set so only certain ports can be used. so people like employees aren't playing games. or surfing the web.

FliesLikeABrick
March 4, 2005, 3:07 am
dathker that is usually not how admin settings work usually. those kinds of settings are usually done by using a proxy server for the internet access.

the settings on the user account probably kept soldat from making necessary changes to the registry on installation, keeping it from working properly with the network. This is essentially the same problem you would encounter if you copied a soldat (or any other program folder) from one computer to another without installing it

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 3:39 pm
I don't have any problems, and I have xp. XP gets hit with viruses like a boxer to the crotch, but that's another damn story.

gunny
March 9, 2005, 10:59 pm
acually, what happened to me,
when you try to play soldat, it gives you a notcie that this program cannot send or recieve
internet signals...
and that the system admin can unlock it,,,

so just get the guy to do his magic and let xp let the prgram do internet...