( search forums )
Full Bot Control
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hanz
February 28, 2005, 7:22 pm
I was just considering the idea of having full control over the bots on your team. This, of course, would only be able to be done in a single player LAN setup. The main conept behind this idea would be the abilty to tell the bots on your team what to do, things such as attack, defend, follow, or freelance. One button configuration for this could be as follows:

I(Or Key Of Preference) - This would bring up a small menu.

The menu would consist of four commands:

W - Attack
A - Defend
S - Follow
D - Freelance (Follow Their Bot Trails)

While this menu is open, movement would not be possible, this is so you can choose the commands without moving all over the place. This idea may have been suggested before, but I never seen it. I think it could add a lot to one player bot games, this would mostly add to capture the flag the most of course.

So let me know what you think, I think it is a decent idea, or else I would not have suggested it. I don't think it would be that difficult to implement and it would add so much more to the game.

mar77a
March 1, 2005, 10:10 pm
And what use can this idea have?

kwanfei
March 1, 2005, 11:16 pm
Sound fun, this can make the single player games more interesting

Keron Cyst
March 2, 2005, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Hanz... This idea may have been suggested before, but I never seen it....
It's called "the Search button at the top," but I don't recall having seen a suggestion like this, either :-P

CamBot
March 2, 2005, 2:11 am
I just like follow & defend
Attack would be following their bot thingies because thats how they attack!
Defend would be guarding where you spawn or the flag
And Follow would be they follow you and shoot whoever they see along the way

SPARTAN_III
March 2, 2005, 3:34 am
attack should be more like "run amok" where they just move wherever the hell and shoot any damn thing on the way

Unlucky 13
March 2, 2005, 4:34 am
Their was a topic like this, bot forum, but this is still a good idea.
I think they shoulds follow "^*.bot, Camp here!" but this is cool too.

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 6:19 am
i'd like to see an extra button: 'group suicide' lol...

kwanfei
March 2, 2005, 10:12 pm
How about this:

Attack (Run to enemy's base or spawn point & chase any enemy they saw until the enemy is die)
Defend (Return to base or spawn point & will not chase enemy too much unless he has the flag)
Still/Camp (Camp in the place where the player sent the command)
Follow
Freelance (Follow Their Bot Trails)

Hanz
March 4, 2005, 8:51 pm
The idea would add depth to a single player game, or if it could be modified for 2 player games. Each person command a team of bots, that would be a good idea, but I dont know how it would be able to work...

Rambo_6
March 4, 2005, 8:59 pm
What about a 'hold the position' command? The bots will come to where you currently are (if possible) and camp there. This way, you can put them in key areas, or help them if they start glitching :D

kwanfei
March 4, 2005, 10:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 What about a 'hold the position' command? The bots will come to where you currently are (if possible) and camp there. This way, you can put them in key areas, or help them if they start glitching :D

Your idea is the same as Still/Camp, doesn't it = =?

zyxstand
March 4, 2005, 11:58 pm
good idea but i think i got some better commands:

but b4 i'd like to suggest that every person to join a game would get a bot for them. like if soldier "hooba" joins the game, so would "BOT hooba" (having BOT be written differently so that people won't be able to call themselves that). if this idea would be implemented then the following commands would be for those specific bots.

how bout these commands:
/guard makes the nearest bot that sees you cover you and follow your exact path that your taking. so you can't lose them because you're out of their sight because they'll follow your path.
/camp makes a bot camp in the nearest campign position. These positions can be defined in the map edior so they can hide behind scenary. they would fire as soon as the enemy either fired upon him or until enemy is close enough for a good surprise. then he'll fire and go out!
/defend would make one bot defend the flag
/nextweap x would make the bot choose weapon x (x being a number from 0 - 9 - ie: /nextweap 8 would mean barret)

other commands that i dunno what they should be called should be:

-) bot goes to main target (flag) and if they see ppl on their way they should shoot them but not follow. (i think been mentioned)