( search forums )
X rays - please read
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
tRaQs
February 28, 2005, 8:38 pm
I'm tired of people complaining and saying stuff like "stupid [IMAGE]in' campers, so cheap" I disagree, and believe it's another part of the game, but, I feel there is an unfair advantage when you can completely hide behind a rock etc., so here's something I think would bring a new element, and more leveled playing field when it comes to fighting campers.

X-Ray Camera= used as a back up weapon, it acts as a "camper finder" and has a range 25% farther than regular weapons, so campers can't always catch them using it, as it can be used from a fairly good distance.

I'm not going to elaborate a ton more until I receive feedback from others on what they think of it.

BManx2000
March 1, 2005, 9:46 pm
Already suggested before, but as "infrared goggles".

Michal
March 1, 2005, 9:46 pm
I think Soldats gameplay is too fast paced for this. In the time it takes to take out the x-ray cam and look, you could have just gone and shot at the suspicious bushes. Campers aren't enough of a problem to make a new weapon/device specifically for them.

SPARTAN_III
March 2, 2005, 3:42 am
or have thermal goggles as an extra. they would have battery power and can be activated at will (if they have power) power recharges when its not in use, and it shows heat signatures, so all players would be red, dead guys blue

Rambo_6
March 2, 2005, 4:33 am
Not really needed.

You have unlimited ammo, right?

Just sprayfire the bushes until you bink the sniper to death.

Remember, when in doubt, shoot the hell out of it.

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 6:20 am
or, you could just shoot the [IMAGE] from behind...

DeMonIc
March 2, 2005, 6:54 am
Soldat is a fast paced multiplayer 2D shooter. That means, instead of going ahead like a slug, in fear of campers and other things, you could do as the others do: grab a gun, and blow the sh!t out of everything that's suspicious.

March 2, 2005, 8:19 am
Yeah, but when playing on the sniper field, its good to have goggles. It gives it a sense of realism, besides, it could be more like binoculars and soldiers(especially specops) have some sort of vision aid.

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 10:56 am
uhh, barret?
this has been suggested hundreds, even millions of times.
but this time it's different, because you can see campers!