( search forums )
what is your favorite weapon and for what reason
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
2ace2
February 28, 2005, 8:50 pm
i was just wondering what most people use for a weapon and why it is there favorit?

Jaz
February 28, 2005, 9:11 pm
m79, people appreciate m79 skill.

F3nyx
February 28, 2005, 9:37 pm
Deagles... because they're dead accurate (once you learn the bullet arc) and give two-hit kills if you get headshots.

Tha Doggfather
February 28, 2005, 9:41 pm
Let's see, we've had the favorite map, favorite gamemode, and favorite weapon thread again.

So that means we can go on for another month again before someone posts these again!

YAY!

Jaz
February 28, 2005, 11:02 pm
We also get sarcastic whining posts everydaaaaaaaay. Hurrrrrrrrraaaaay for forums !

Icarius
February 28, 2005, 11:08 pm
Socom. It's a MANS weapon.

Seriously.

Skate4Razors
February 28, 2005, 11:23 pm
M79, cause it takes a while to get used to th arc thingy, and it goes BOOM! :OOOOO

Felix
March 1, 2005, 5:45 am
I love m79, and I like Desert ; Ruger and Knife sure!

m79 because er...moew...

Desert because, 0o , er, it hurts^^

Ruger cuz it makes good damage far^^

and finally,knife because when you haven't any weapon, the knifw pwning! :P

reckon
March 1, 2005, 5:52 am
Knife all the way.

that fuking sniper
March 1, 2005, 6:18 am
Fists, to hell with those weapontards. No honor in blade and gunpowder; death before dishonor!

Deleted User
March 1, 2005, 6:25 am
1. SOCOM : probably fastest reload in the game, with fast firing and reasonable damage.
2. Ruger/M79 : the ruger because of its ownage against damaged players, and m79 because of its arcing and because its fxcking fun
3. Deagles : kills someone with four bullets (2 shots) and its fast firing and reload.

i dont care much for the rest

SPARTAN_III
March 1, 2005, 6:36 am
anything is fine except the [IMAGE]ing Minigun

Unlucky 13
March 1, 2005, 6:38 am
Spas, because it is spread fire, is a shot gun, and mainly because of its close range combat power.
Socom is my secondary as it has long-ish range and nice power.
If I see a Ruger, auto, or a pair of Degales lying around, I throw away my Socom and get them too.

peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 7:02 am
my hunting shotgun, cause i can actually [IMAGE]ing use it in reality

March 1, 2005, 7:26 am
m79, yup needs skill. Shotgun is a good cqb weap and finally, the mp5, wild fast and fun to use.

Ezko
March 1, 2005, 9:32 am
My favourito weapon is the minigun, because it is excellent exploitation of bink effect. People don't realise how much skill it requires to kill someone with a minigun!?! Unlike M79, too easy to learn to use!

MercyM
March 1, 2005, 11:27 am
AK74, because it's pretty fast, powerful and lots of ammo

March 1, 2005, 11:49 am
Pretty fast? i thought that thing was sluggish! Nevermind, its ur opinion. MP5 fires way faster and is a good close range weap. But the AK-47 is good nonetheless.

Ezko
March 1, 2005, 2:03 pm
Again, minigun fires way faster than MP5 :)

STEELIX
March 1, 2005, 2:20 pm
Shotgun... not only can it be great in team games to push forward your teammates, you can also do a somewhat similar thing to minigun flying with it, and of course it's great for close combat. Also it's spray is good for shooting over hills, and when you learn to aim with it over large distances people will be heavily annoyed by it..

Teh Panda
March 1, 2005, 2:35 pm
Just puleaze stop these favorite threads >_>

Deleted User
March 1, 2005, 2:36 pm
Yargh, I be lovin' the m79. I love the feel of others blood as it showers onto me beard. Yar..

tRaQs
March 1, 2005, 4:36 pm
steyr aug, i just love this weap, it fires bullets quickly, so if you can aim, you just about never miss, and it reloads fast.

jsut
March 1, 2005, 5:50 pm
barret by far is my favourite weapon weather it be looking after a flag holder or defending my flag, or racing arround the map doing some insane crack shots during mid-flight on campers and flag holders.

Also traveling down tunles and small spaces is my speciality as people allway make the same mistakes and get themselves killed :D

also its fun taking out campers who think they can take me on they underestimate the skill i have with a barret :D

also on the bigger CTF maps with 2 or 3 levels and bridges i love taking out people who have captured my flag from below to have my flag smoothly fall into my hands to be returned for a team mate to score.
[/big head]

Coey_89
March 1, 2005, 6:10 pm
well me i'm <<n8v>>coey here i love all weapons if you don't like all the other weapons get used to it. Also you noobs get better i'm great with all weapons

Borus
March 1, 2005, 6:46 pm
Weapons:
1). M79 - I can pull off almost any shot with this, from incredible distances, its so easy to aim! I find the barrett hard to aim though, so... Also, the Arc is very helpful against Barrett Campers.

2). Ruger - Again, Incredibly easy to aim, and very powerful, fast shooting and reload times.

3). MP5 - The ultimate weapon to take out campers and M79ers in my Opinion.

4). Desert Eagles - I used to be very good with these, 6 or 7 months ago, before I starting using the M79... but their still a favourite weapon.

5). Knife - Um... I love killing people with it...

6). Minimi - A great amount of bullets and Power, for those who are accurate.

Keron Cyst
March 1, 2005, 8:34 pm
I usually use the Steyr AUG for tRaQs's reasons, but in some situations and/or maps the bullets aren't powerful enough, so I also use the SPAS-12 since it can rain DFA instantly (head shot = lethal) and can reload uniquely, although there is that reload-shoot drawback that I've yet to master. If I see that my team's winning (I always play CTF), then I practice with the Ruger 77 or Desert Eagles at my leisure :-)
I almost never respawn with primary weapons which take a while to reload.

I use the M72 LAW as my secondary weapon, all the time B-) It looks awesome when it strikes a Soldat and it has the farthest range out of all the secondaries. I just can't imagine the Combat Knife as a 'nade which slows with distance, so I suck at it :-P

vash763
March 2, 2005, 4:42 am
AK74 and teh LAW

The Grand Wazoo
March 2, 2005, 10:13 pm
Socom Mk23, it's my favorite backup, always works out in a pinch, and for some reason very few people seem to use it. I guess the knife is just "cooler" to them.

lastpatriot
March 3, 2005, 12:42 am
Ak-74/HK MP5 for primary, Law/Socom for secondary, depending on what I am doing in the CTF game.

SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 4:12 pm
socom pwns

but everyone knows....

teh FN MINIMI IS DA BEST!!111

MercyM
March 3, 2005, 4:50 pm
Damn, I hate FN.

SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 4:57 pm
FN the company or the Minimi?

MercyM
March 3, 2005, 5:12 pm
Minimi I meant. :P

lastpatriot
March 4, 2005, 9:04 pm
It has a big magazine, so, I always felt it was a good weapon for training on/new players.

Indiana Jones
March 11, 2005, 11:47 pm
Chainsaw massacre! But I like m79, (BOOM and ur in pieces), Mp5(2 fast 2 furious...), Barret(well i'm a barretard sometime) for my primary.

Jiggs
March 12, 2005, 2:04 am
I really like the MP5/SOCOM combo, especially after I roughly figured out how to aim the MP5 to kill people off-screen. I'm also decent with an AK, but only because I sometimes get in a rush and select it instead. The M-79 is nice, when I've gotten into a rush and somehow selected it. For some reason, when I don't even think about it, all my shots are dead on, but as soon as I do, I start failing miserably and get killed.

Happy Camper
March 12, 2005, 3:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Coey_89well me i'm <<n8v>>coey here i love all weapons if you don't like all the other weapons get used to it. Also you noobs get better i'm great with all weapons

Stfu?

LOCKED!

oh...if only i had the powers of an admin, to stop all spam forever...

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 4:19 am
i would have ta say the ak74 and my trusty chainsaw

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 4:20 am
the reason i dont know.....just to see people die

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 3:30 pm
spas and knife... nothing's more satisfying than knifing someone with a random shot.
my ideal combination (if it were allowed) a knife and socom.

Swebonny
March 12, 2005, 7:29 pm
I luuvvv..:

M79: + Easy to use if u got great timeing. One-kill wepon :P. Can kill 1-6 player in one shoot if u get luck :D
-Slow realode, then u need a quick wepon in secondary....

Knife:+ One-kill :P The knife goes like m79 bullet so it easy to use. Realized that it was good when i did head shot in air not throwing, then i trowed and get double kill :D
- You loose it if u throw it away...but u can pick it up anyway.

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 12:04 am
i like the ruger because it does a good bit of damage per shot and it takes just a second or two to reload. the automatics are alright but they do less damage per round so if your in close to someone whos good with a shotgun or one of those gay m79s (i dont like it b/c of the reload time) you are pretty much toast.

SPARTAN_III
March 13, 2005, 11:40 am
m79 is not gay. it is good. very good.

Vanana
March 13, 2005, 8:14 pm
for some yes...for some not...
steyr aug RULZ!!!

Mini Man
March 13, 2005, 9:17 pm
Ruger : Long range, Accurate & Powerful
M79 : Looks good, sounds good, lots of respect for good shots, oh & of course high damage.
Desert Eagles (Deagles) : Powerful, Accurate, Medium Range.
Law : Easily my best secondary, Powerful, long range, accurate.

Deleted User
March 14, 2005, 4:26 am
I never thought myself to be good with semi-autos or any secondary but the LAW, but the Deagle/Knife combo suddenly turns me into the God of Destruction.

Although I'm pretty decent with everything else.

3rd_account
March 14, 2005, 8:57 am
Why of couse I play for the challenge, and it's surrely a challenge to handle Spas's and M79's slow bullet speed and trajectory. Unlike the ordinary Mr. Sprayer with his overerpowerd AK, Minimi and Steyr that plays soly for winning and being a heartless b4stard.

Yes. I whine about weapon balance everywhere. :]

Jiggs
March 14, 2005, 4:02 pm
I have recently discovered the beauty of a Ruger/SOCOM combo. If you happen to hit your target once with the Ruger, but miss the other shots, you can whip out the SOCOM and finish them off with one or two shots.

Judge_Man
March 14, 2005, 5:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jazm79, people appreciate m79 skill.

Krios
March 16, 2005, 1:07 am
Ruger........becuase it kills

Vanana
March 16, 2005, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by KriosRuger........becuase it kills

hahahahhaha

well...Deagle, Ruger and Steyr Aug
and M79 with LAW are my xplosif combo lol

Psyker
March 16, 2005, 4:26 am
aug because i feel that i am consistently good with it

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 10:45 am
Chainsaw! Fear the power of it! And I'm serious, althought it's secondary weapon, it's my primary while I used nades as my secondary.

sbu-spyvin
March 16, 2005, 11:11 am
Love the m79 and mp5 :-)

Fast shooting work for the mp5 and m79 for a lovely finish with the m79 :)

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 12:29 pm
barrett, nade and a knife........ i could take down 5 people down with that.
one shot through the neck would go right through him an hit the person behind him. id finish off the rest with a nade and a knife.

I HATE MINIGUNS!!!!!!

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 3:02 pm
In close quarter battles, like Infiltration I usually pick the MP5, or the SPAS, as they are powerful in confined spaces, and even more so with richochete, but if I dont feel like doing much in CTF games I usually pick the Barret (modded as a H&K MSG-90), as it is the weapon with the least rick over long distances. When I am interested in the battle it is either the Steyr AUG (Modded as a Colt M4) or the AK-74, good power and good distance.

tRaQs
March 17, 2005, 9:55 pm
Desert Eagles, I move really quick in the game(thanks to a low ping:D) and I just run,roll, and jump around and over them, one shotters and minigunners don't stand a chance, esecially when i grenade lure.

klimax
March 18, 2005, 8:05 am
Well, I like rguer the best. I would take socom next to it, but it doesn't really go well with ruger, so I usually use the knife.
Though I love to switch that knife with a m79 to surprise n00bs that I have two weapons :D

MercyM
March 18, 2005, 11:24 am
Ruger is very hard to use.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 11:43 am
M72 LAW.

Bestest weapon evar.

Captain Ben
March 18, 2005, 12:22 pm
knife! fun to throw and a great way to end your life with /mercy

MercyM
March 18, 2005, 12:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyM72 LAW.

Bestest weapon evar.
Bestest?

b00stA
March 18, 2005, 3:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMquote:Originally posted by StalkyM72 LAW.

Bestest weapon evar.
Bestest?

Very yes.

March 18, 2005, 4:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMRuger is very hard to use.

Really? When did this happen?

MercyM
March 18, 2005, 6:16 pm
Uhh... I just can't use it, it's quite hard to shoot while moving, or just aiming. Whatever, I just can't. ;(

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 6:56 pm
My Favorite weapon is the Desert Eagles souly because of the movie Equilibrium

Vanana
March 18, 2005, 9:06 pm
deagles and law
i kill lots of peeeps that way

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 1:03 am
Love the Deagles in deathmatch, you can take about anyone off... Also the deagles/socom combo is nice. If you run outta ammo with deagles whip out the socoms and kill them.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 2:03 am
Shotgun is good for air shots and raining lead down on people,
once you get the arc right.

Darkfist007
March 19, 2005, 11:32 pm
Barret. It has an almost perfect shot, and you can get distance on your targets. I would still use it if it were weaker then the ruger, I use it for the scope.

Merach
March 21, 2005, 11:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Jazm79, people appreciate m79 skill.

I don't agree, more people hate being killed by M79, maybe they hate one shot one kill weapons. But it is not easy to shot a M79, if you fail you are dead cause long reload time; in addition, short distance range it's difficult to fight against other weapons. But people still consider it a noob weapon, but it's difficult to get air hits, more when enemies are up over you.

Although, I prefer M79. My first weapon, a good one for starters and so powerful if get skilled with it. I use other weapons depending on the map, Steyr AUG for Chernobyl and Equinox, good for tunnel fights (spraying a bit :P). I take other weapons, AK 74, MP5, sometimes Dessert Eagles or Barret. I'm not as skilled with them as with M79.

Best Regards

Zero72
March 21, 2005, 9:03 pm
I generally hate power weapons. Barrett, Ruger, partly. M79, Deagles, HATE. I'll only use one of them when I'm desperate.

Most of the time, there is definitely no replacement for the MP5 for me. Fast fire rate, fast reload time, decent power, just the right amount of spray when standing (=P) and 100% accurate when crouching or prone. The less-than-infinite range is the only thing to NOT like about it, and who really cares about that?

Edit: LOL, this is the 72nd reply to this thread. I get a point.

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:18 pm
My favourite weapon's always been the DEagles, good fire rate, good reload and 2-3 hit kills with it.
My secondary weapon'd have to be the Steyr, it's fast firing, fast reloading, and accurate.. + it looks cool :p

(PS. first post on forum, huzzah)

lastpatriot
March 21, 2005, 11:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Merachquote:Originally posted by Jazm79, people appreciate m79 skill.

I don't agree, more people hate being killed by M79, maybe they hate one shot one kill weapons. But it is not easy to shot a M79, if you fail you are dead cause long reload time; in addition, short distance range it's difficult to fight against other weapons. But people still consider it a noob weapon, but it's difficult to get air hits, more when enemies are up over you.

Although, I prefer M79. My first weapon, a good one for starters and so powerful if get skilled with it. I use other weapons depending on the map, Steyr AUG for Chernobyl and Equinox, good for tunnel fights (spraying a bit :P). I take other weapons, AK 74, MP5, sometimes Dessert Eagles or Barret. I'm not as skilled with them as with M79.

Best Regards

Hmmm, Dessert Eagles. Sounds tasty.

Gen0cide
March 21, 2005, 11:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by GnobeMy favourite weapon's always been the DEagles, good fire rate, good reload and 2-3 hit kills with it.
My secondary weapon'd have to be the Steyr, it's fast firing, fast reloading, and accurate.. + it looks cool :p

(PS. first post on forum, huzzah)

Sorry to say,but steyr is a primary.Not a secondary ;)
Unless you mean as a backup if your not doing good with the deagles..

Welcome to the forums.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 12:01 am
Ah no, I meant the weapon I use the second-most amount of times if you get me, sorry for confusion :p

Vanana
March 22, 2005, 12:35 am
agree with Gnobe
HAIL DEAGLES AND STEYR AUG (along with LAW :P)
the less i like is ak-74, maybe the best looking gun
but for me the hardest to aim as it should

Gangsterlance
March 22, 2005, 10:09 pm
I like AK for its medium range, medium power and...wait, this weapon IS medium....^^
Ruger for its strengh and range

Knife for...being mean at killing someone *lol*
and USSOCOM for the fastest reload time in soldat(k, knife and fists are reloaded much faster...)

SPARTAN_III
March 24, 2005, 10:54 am
i dont see what is better about the mp5 than the steyr. it does fire faster, but the clip is the same size, causing it to expend ammo faster than steyr. also the bullet is weak

March 24, 2005, 11:17 am
Yeah, but it can outshoot you before. Besides, little accuracy can work(this is a 2d game!) so it can spray a wide area. The steyr fires slower, so it's intervals in an arc patter would be bigger, thus increasing your chances of missing. the mp5 should fire fast enough, and besides, its reload is faster too.

Shivorken
March 24, 2005, 11:30 am
I've become increasingly good the the barret in the past few days :O!!!! I'm able to shoot people almost all the time, (Unlucky 13 has exprienced my wrath today) and also the MP5 with nade spamming has become one of my favourites :D (so damn effective).

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
March 24, 2005, 2:44 pm
Barret is my baby:)I use it 1vs1 duels or in big maps,and if i am defending.
But im equally good with the Ruger.It just rox.Because i have aim with barret,i have pretty good aim with ruger too.

Vanana
March 25, 2005, 6:38 pm
im starting to like the AK...
like it's "semi-auto"style shooting
also knife is pretty cool,
needs lots of praxticve though

Deleted User
March 25, 2005, 10:28 pm
My favourite is Steyr.... it fires fast and have a fairly good range. reload is moderate, but the damage is a little low.. :P 2.nd I like the AK becouse of its clip and its damage. secondary is knife, knife & more knife

Mercenary
March 26, 2005, 2:54 am
I like the m79 in any mode except deathmatch cuz its the most fun to use, and its one hit kill. In a deathmatch, use deagles. The m79 can't kill people fast enough.
For secondary, I use the law just becasue im awesome with it.

Yay my first post :)

Zegovia
March 28, 2005, 12:58 pm
i use the Ak74, Why? well balanced and its a CLASSIC!!!!

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 6:46 pm
ok.........MP5 ta best cush u jump on someone and blasht ther brainsh out! and it reload fast........

Zero72
April 3, 2005, 6:52 pm
Is the drunken dialect really necessary? Sorry, but that wears on me quick.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 9:42 pm
sry........................................................................................................................................................................................mp5 rocks