( search forums )
nother stupid PC thing
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 4:57 am
my launchcast thingy doesnt work with opera, i dont care. it works with yahoo messenger, which is how i've used it. but now it [IMAGE] about it now. opera, opera beta, firefux, SBC Yahoo browser. let's kill some people then fix the problem. hail santa.

Milkman Dan
March 1, 2005, 5:41 am
hmm.. INTERNET EXPLORER!!!!!

/runs away smiling teehehe

Captain Ben
March 1, 2005, 6:22 am
ahhh, the kiwi gets it right :P

peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 6:26 am
howabout not stupid pointless [IMAGE]?

Unlucky 13
March 1, 2005, 6:54 am
Try IE's Internet Options, most likely won't help, but... meh.
Anyway, is Opera anything like FireFox with the yellow pop-up bar and being able to allow ActiveX?
Try that if it is.

peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 7:00 am
1. i dont have IE
2. i dunno what yer talking about

Unlucky 13
March 1, 2005, 7:37 am
[URL]
Something like that.
Anyway, if it doesn't I can't help you.
If it does, what is the Active X applet it is blocking?

Milkman Dan
March 1, 2005, 7:43 am
Unlucky, its a red X

lolol pun

peemonkey HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE IE!??!?!?!

Unlucky 13
March 1, 2005, 8:05 am
IERadicator i guess.

peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 4:11 pm
no yellow bar in opera. it'll just [IMAGE] about activeX for alotta things, but presistantly with 'launchcast radio'

Deleted User
March 1, 2005, 4:25 pm
Without IE, you're going to have some issues using ActiveX applications.

ActiveX relies majoritively on Microsofts HTML rendering engine and its implementation (needless) with the later Windows OS's. When you remove IE, you lost a bit of functionality, which includes the ability to run (and be subject to!) ActiveX applets and the whatnot.

I say you're better off without it, but if you're in dire need of ActiveX applets, then you may want to look into dual-booting with a Windows install WITH IE, or .. reinstalling IE. *shiver*

It's really your choice. I know there are a lot of those "radio" bits of software out on the web and I'm sure you can find an alternative.

peemonkey
March 1, 2005, 5:26 pm
aight thanks :/ ill just turn the radio to the river....good ol' classic rock....