( search forums )
taunting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
March 1, 2005, 11:42 am
why not have voice taunts, like in UT, when u kill a guy, it plays a taunt. auto taunt could be enabled/disabled in the options menu. you could turn on only your taunts or all taunts.

"You bleed better than you shoot!"

mar77a
March 1, 2005, 10:12 pm
Mmm, this would be a good idea for written taunts...but maybe this auto-taunts would not chow in the console, only on the player heads...nto to spam the console...

Judge_Man
March 1, 2005, 10:46 pm
Yeah, UT's taunt are the best EVER!! " BURN BABY!! "

And yeah good idea would be fun.

Deleted User
March 1, 2005, 11:06 pm
I thought about this a while ago and I always thought it'd be a good thing for Soldat. I almost always say the same thing when I die.

SPARTAN_III
March 2, 2005, 3:32 am
no, i meant SOUNDS

Gen0cide
March 2, 2005, 4:40 am
How bout like that guy on counterstrike that when he killed someone he played music..and it wasnt like hard music it was almost like circus music..
*Sees a monkey driving around in a tiny tiny car*
dood oo doododo doo doo doodo

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 6:23 am
nah, a sound should play, a picture should come up (your choice) and it should say your signature.
e.g. 'you got [IMAGE]ed but that guy over there!!'
but it would add to lag, and wouldn't be that signifigant, as players respawn in 3 seconds usually. it would get annoying as well...

March 2, 2005, 11:09 am
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE TAUNT FILE??? COme on, im desperate. No, voice taunts would be hard, who would be the actor?

LazehBoi
March 2, 2005, 12:27 pm
Denacke! Muahahaha, those soldier sounds ruled.
Hmm. This would be fun, but it'd make the game pretty big. If you could download it seperately from the game i'd be all for it.

Keron Cyst
March 3, 2005, 6:54 am
quote:Originally posted by 117DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE TAUNT FILE?...
It's just a .TXT. I don't know any Windows that doesn't have it set to defaultly open with Notepad. The first taunts (one per line break) are from 0-9, and the rest are from A-Z.

SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 8:29 am
rip taunt from UT! lol rofl.

March 3, 2005, 8:50 am
Yeah, i just changed my sound files so when you respawn, BOSS from Republic Commando says "Delta Squad, move out."

DeMonIc
March 3, 2005, 1:32 pm
You can already make an UT like taunt afaik, just change the 'headchop.wav' to your desired 'taunt.wav'