( search forums )
Can the chainsaw repel the knife?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Lt. Sneezy
March 1, 2005, 7:59 pm
I was playing a LAN bot match, all Boogie Men, knives and saws only. Every so often, I would throw my knife, and it would be shot back at me or in some other random direction. I think this might be related to the ability to shoot guns on the ground, in order to make them move. If someone throws their gun, you can shoot it, and it will move. Because the knife is treated like a gun, I think it might be possible to shoot the knife out of the air. If this is old news, or you test it and prove it wrong, feel free to bash me.

DT
March 1, 2005, 8:06 pm
hmmm i don't think the chainsaw repels the knife... then again... when you shot a gun in the air it will move but i do't think the chainsaw repels the knife...
demo?

BManx2000
March 1, 2005, 9:44 pm
I'm 99% sure this doesn't happen unless the knife hits a wall first.

Lt. Sneezy
March 1, 2005, 9:58 pm
OK, do you have any ideas as to why this happens then? Because I'm throwing my knife straight at a Boogie Man, and before it hits him, it stops and flys away in a random direction.

mar77a
March 1, 2005, 10:07 pm
Isn't there an option in the ini?

From the soldat.ini:

Infiltration_Limit=120
GameStyle=3
Friendly_Fire=1
Guns_Collide=1
Kits_Collide=1
Play_Intro=0
Loop_Maps=1

Could it be that?

Lt. Sneezy
March 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
Yeah, that's what I thought, that makes it so you can shoot the guns, but what I'm wondering is, is it possible to shoot a gun in mid air. And if so, can you shoot the knife out of the air before it hits you, or even at all.

paramud
March 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
mabye, or it could unleesh a horde of robots waiting to slice off your head when you leave the door....

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 1, 2005, 11:57 pm
Yes, the guns and knife DO get moved when shot, but it only works in LAN. If you wish you do this on the internet, just check LAN on options menu and then Register in Lobby Server.

But in another sense, this games real annoying after a while when theres alot of people, I can never find my knives after I throw em...

SPARTAN_III
March 2, 2005, 3:31 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudmabye, or it could unleesh a horde of robots waiting to slice off your head when you leave the door....

PARDON???

and i think its because, if u chainsaw a dropped weapon it moves. the knife is treated like a dropped weapon when thrown, so it gets repelled.

w00t! shields!