( search forums )
People still can't join my server!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Urban Pirate
March 1, 2005, 11:48 pm
Alright, I'm trying to run a dedicated server from behind a router. I've read the FAQ's , forwarded all necessary ports, turned off all firewalls,
and checked the DMZ thing. Any ideas on what else I can do? (Note: Yes, everyone is getting that "requesting game" message)

Keron Cyst
March 2, 2005, 1:30 am
Same here; I start a server and everyone's always stuck at the "Requesting Game..." text or whatever appears (I forgot exactly). I can join other servers normally and have done basically everything Urban Pirate did (I'm running a Windows ME). A little help?

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 7:57 pm
Ok, you have to make sure it is registered in lobby not with LAN.

Keron Cyst
March 15, 2005, 3:07 am
It is. The lobby is checked and so is Internet, not LAN. Yet for some reason no one can join...

Deleted User
March 17, 2005, 9:32 pm
I've got exactly the same problem. If i minimize Soldat while running a server i can even see it in the server list. Nobody is able to join the game.

Gen0cide
March 18, 2005, 12:39 am
Happens to a lot of people I know,they need to fix this or at least find the cause

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 2:02 am
Does your server appear in the lobby? If so, check what port the lobby thinks your server is running on, if its somthing completely different from what you set (eg. 51283) then your NAT is interfering with it. (Common problem with a D-Link DSL302G)

If Not, then I Cant help.

Deleted User
March 18, 2005, 7:54 pm
You were right. I just opened a dedicated server and started soldat to see what port it's using. It displayed 56518... but i don't remember forwarding this one o.O
I'm using an Edimax 6104(G) btw. Does anyone know how to forward the ports correctly on it? It asks for trigger ports and stuff :(

Deleted User
March 21, 2005, 11:45 pm
If you go into your modem settings, then go to your NAT settings, see what you can change in there, however usually you cannot edit the NAT public port ranges (I Have the exact same problem)