( search forums )
DM Ultimate Deathmatch V2.0 (new pics)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
kirbyonline
March 2, 2005, 1:42 am
This is my first map and i think its pretty good.
It supports deathmatch, pointmatch, and ranbomatch.
V2.0 added trees, more grenades and medkits, and tried a different shading.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download here:
[URL]

If you have any comments or suggestions please post them.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 2, 2005, 2:00 am
...im getting so much out of this thread.

zambo_the_clown
March 2, 2005, 3:28 am
theres no link and no screenshot(s). need to fix this.

Vijchtidoodah
March 4, 2005, 3:01 am
Kirby, people rarely download a map if they don't have any pictures to check out first.

You can put pictures up by using the uploader on [URL] (you'll have to register first) and then linking to them in your post by using the image tags [img*] and [/img*] (without the *) around the url of your images.

kirbyonline
March 4, 2005, 1:11 pm
how do you take pictures?

Magniitude
March 4, 2005, 11:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahKirby, people rarely download a map if they don't have any pictures to check out first.

You can put pictures up by using the uploader on [URL] (you'll have to register first) and then linking to them in your post by using the image tags [img*] and [/img*] (without the *) around the url of your images.

wait why do people add the * if they tell you not to use it?

Norse
March 4, 2005, 11:44 pm
Alrighty. Now that I see the screenie (and after DL'in the map) I will suggest what must be fixed.

1. The scenery is at 0 practically. Other than grass you should add foliage and trees to give it a realistic feel.
2. Shading; looks like you tried, but didn't quite get how it worked? I suggest that all the colored polygons shade with each other and not differ. I see that in your map the colors of one polygon dont fade into the colors of another, rather they are very brunt and standout and look awful. Don't take this personally, its my honest opinion.
3. You should probably find a good shading tutorial (forum search- "shading tutorials") to get a good idea of how some of the better and more realistic maps become what they are.

Ok...I recommend that you keep the map, and work on it. Primarily giving it a general theme (battlefield, jungle, space, etc.) and adding scenery according to your theme. This gives the map a sense of character and individuality.

imho though, a good start and fun to play even with its faults!

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 2:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Magniitude

wait why do people add the * if they tell you not to use it?

If the * was not there then the forum would assume that you had put an image url in between the brackets and you would see nothing there instead of [img] [/img*] because there was no picture url inserted between them.

kirbyonline
March 5, 2005, 4:00 am
thanks norse!
i just dont know if i should hang vine frome the bottom of polygons or not. i am probably going with a jungle theme.

kirbyonline
March 5, 2005, 4:35 am
do other people need to have the map downloaded for them to join my server?

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 7:18 am
I don't like that, the shading is awful.

Maxx
March 5, 2005, 2:30 pm
This is ok for a first map.
There's some shading but the edges still look really sharp n' jagged.
Maybe make it smoother-looking?

Again, this looks ok from what I can see.

P.S.----------------------------
Kirbyonline, Don't double-post.
Use the [EDIT] button.
Thank you.

Darkspirit
March 6, 2005, 3:31 pm
Hey kirbyonline, if you want to upload screens to put on the forum, use [URL] or have an URL with the screen. Please, show us the overview too.

kirbyonline
March 6, 2005, 7:33 pm
how do u get the overview

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 8:50 pm
Open your map up in your map maker of choice, zoom out until you can see all of your map, and take a screenshot.

By the way, the map looks -much- improved from the first version. Very nice work.

Maxx
March 6, 2005, 9:27 pm
The download's messed up.
Fix it so I can judge it better.

EDIT:
Download works, lol.