( search forums )
DM Kirby's Dreamland[Update!!!]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 2, 2005, 2:05 am
::Kirby's Dreamland::

This map is made of the room which you select your level in kirby's dreamland. It is good for DM, TDM, Pointmatch, and Rambomatch. I really liked how this map turned out, accept for the fact that its a bit on the bright side. If you ask nice enough ill make a darker version if need be.

::Overview::
[IMAGE]

::Download::
http://dyn.u13.net:6080/host/mikeshinoda/Maps/kdl.zip

::Online Play Fix::
All you need to do is redownload the file.

Have Fun
Mike

kirbyonline
March 2, 2005, 2:23 am
link deosn t work

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 2, 2005, 3:01 am
fixed the link problem, sorry about that.

Deleted User
March 2, 2005, 3:55 am
Awesome. Really bright and detailed.

10/10

Rambo_6
March 2, 2005, 4:34 am
I imagine a lot of custom scenery went into this.

But hey, what the heck. Good job.

Unlucky 13
March 2, 2005, 4:44 am
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
KIRBY!!!
YAY!
God, this looks nice, but could you try CTF mode? With a boss room? That'd be cool!
Oh, I HAVE to find a Kirby song on mp3 for this!
100% A+
YAY!
KIRBY!!!

Deleted User
March 2, 2005, 6:18 am
Yay. That's not from kirby's dreamland though, it's from kirby's adventure. And a darker version would suck.

m00`
March 2, 2005, 6:22 am
haha nice job mike xD

Jap_man
March 2, 2005, 7:12 am
This map reminds me of the time I used to play Kurby on my NES a long long time ago...ahhh good memories.

Milkman Dan
March 2, 2005, 7:58 am
lolawesomez0rs!

Unlucky 13
March 2, 2005, 9:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2Yay. That's not from kirby's dreamland though, it's from kirby's adventure. And a darker version would suck.

Is so, form Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, or Kirby's Adventure, but it is in Dreamland :P
Anyway, thicken the outside walls a little bit, I find the outer blue destroys the whole look.

March 2, 2005, 9:13 am
Hmm, maybe the secluded areas make it hard for campers cos grenades can fall in. Good map, small and sweet.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 2, 2005, 12:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
KIRBY!!!
YAY!
God, this looks nice, but could you try CTF mode? With a boss room? That'd be cool!
Oh, I HAVE to find a Kirby song on mp3 for this!
100% A+
YAY!
KIRBY!!!

Good Idea :)

Im glad you guys like it.

Rhombus
March 5, 2005, 11:29 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH too briiiiiiiiiighhtttt, hurty me eyezzzzzzzz. I like it tho, its...funky!

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 1:08 pm
It's a pretty good map, but it's way too bright!

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 1:41 pm
No, it's the same way it was in the original game and shouldn't be made any darker.

Maxx
March 5, 2005, 2:53 pm
Please make a darker version, pleaseplease.

You could have this map, and the darker one as a 2nd map.
That way, people(like me) could choose if they want the lighter or darker version.

This map is sowehow incredibly fun, probably because of the DANG AWESOME gameplay.
VERYNICE MAP!(make darker version)

The Geologist
March 5, 2005, 5:03 pm
This kind of map always leaves something to be desired IMO...I'm just not a fan of these sprites used in soldat maps. It is a little too bright...but that's more personal opinion. Good job, regardless.

Edit: After playing, I have this to say

*Good layout, perfect DM size. This could make for some kick ass games.
*TOO BRIGHT (even if these are the original colors. I have a headache now, lol)
*Check for poly bugs, one of the platforms on the upper mid/right part of the map has a couple.

zoldat
March 5, 2005, 8:33 pm
10/10 AWSOME FUN FUN FUN

there is a little poly bug in the top of the map

Magniitude
March 6, 2005, 2:42 am
holy crap it looks like a level straight out of a kirby game. how the hell did you do this?!

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 3:05 am
Welcome to at least 4 days ago.

He probably used an emulator, grabbed the rom, took some screenies and made them into scenery.

Magniitude
March 6, 2005, 3:50 am
SOunds like a good idea to me. Just a question. Why Kirby? Why not like Mario or Megaman. WHY THE PINK BUBBLE OF HAPPINESS!?!?!

LazehBoi
March 6, 2005, 3:56 am
Because Mario has been done like 6 billion times before, and Megaman levels are too flat, or something.
Nicely done, looks awesome, the gameplay doesn't look too cool, but I haven't played it online yet.

Darkspirit
March 6, 2005, 3:16 pm
It's awesome, but it's not really soldat
8.5/10

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 6, 2005, 5:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by MagniitudeSOunds like a good idea to me. Just a question. Why Kirby? Why not like Mario or Megaman. WHY THE PINK BUBBLE OF HAPPINESS!?!?!

because i love it. BTW, i found a veeery huge bug for online play: it cant be played online. Either the name is too long (i dont think this is the reason) or you cant have epostrophes in a map name. to play this map online, you either need to rename the map file to KirbysDreamland.pms instead of Kirby's Dreamland.pms or download the fix, which will be available on the main post very very soon. SRY