( search forums )
Zombies!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 7:11 am
hasn't anyone (in the movie business) noticed that zombies are retarded?
just to clear up, i love zombie moves (RE 1 and 2, DoD) and the games, but always nagging me are some certain issues...
usually in zombie movies, there is a virus or something that reanimates the dead, right?
so, how do the zombies know the difference between a living person and another zombie?
i know, there is probably a perfect explanation for it, but as said in resident evil 1 (i don't know about DoD), the little red girl said that the zombies have no intelligence and little or no memory.
so how the [IMAGE] can they tell each other apart?
and even when they do come back, why do they yearn for live human flesh? there are lots of things they could eat: celery, beef, yarn, fruit, scum, chakra (jk) and many other non-animated things.
i guess i know why though: it's meant to be scary.
another issue is the bullet issue:
you shoot them in the guts and they don't die.
if you shoot them in the head, they will...
i mean, thats kind of saying, that if you ripped a zombies' stomach out, it would just get back up and still try to eat you.
and what about coordination? in dawn of the dead, they run sprinting at the people. now, after watching the little girl at the start of DoD, once she gets knocked down, she jumps up like a ninja, and runs back. not alot of people can do that, let alone a little zombie [IMAGE]. the RE zombies can't even walk properly, but manage to catch up with people sprinting away...
what the [IMAGE]?
another thing: weapons...
in RE 1, a zombie is carrying an axe. as said above, no intelligence, little or no memory. so why is it carrying an axe?
and something that really bugged me in RE 2:
the graveyard. as most of you may know, once someone dies, they're taken to the embalmers to get preserved.
everything is removed, especially the brain, and wouldn't most of the bodies by then rotted away? yet, they still get up to eat the humans walking through.
???
and once again: feeding.
the zombies don't even eat the people half the time...
they bite them a couple of times, hobble away and seek another human.

i know the movies are meant to be scary, etc, but do you think the movie-makers have really though them through?

prove me wrong if so, but think it through...

Vijchtidoodah
March 2, 2005, 7:19 am
They're stupid movies meant for cheap entertainment, if you want a form of media that comes from an author of higher intelligence, read a book.

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 7:41 am
i do read books... what kind do you like?
i like the murder mysteries... currently, i'm in the middle of dark hollow.
lol, a gay hitman :P

frogboy
March 2, 2005, 7:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
lol, a gay hitman :P

...He already is gay :|

Milkman Dan
March 2, 2005, 8:06 am
PINK SHIRT!!!!!
[IMAGE]

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 8:14 am
i have a pink shirt! but...
i betcha zombies don't.

DT
March 2, 2005, 3:15 pm
when zombies are transformed they keep thier basic instinct and common sence... just halfway though.. and they can sence THE LIVING!!! bum bum ubm

Droopy
March 2, 2005, 6:48 pm
I love zombie movies. They creep me out the most. I dont care if it's cheap entertainment, Resident Evul(however sucky it was) scared the leg off me. And since this is soldat forums, I must add that the best zombies are in soldat. Zombie match(especial Presient Evil-my zombie server wich is dead(!) sadly) are the best. Just the sound of "let me poke your brain" makes my stomach churn.

I <3 zombies

And just for the sarcrastic overinteligent people on this forum, I do read books, I read Aghata Christie's Murder on Orient Express last month, now I'm thinking of buying The Hobit(Tolkein, if you still dont know who this legend is, you're a zombie) and War of the Worlds. I hope the movie doesnt end up being non-related to the book.

peemonkey
March 2, 2005, 8:02 pm
i always wondered why they never tried eating eachother...
the newer zombie movies are [IMAGE]ers down and repeating the 2nd ammendment whilst blasting zombies with our shotguns. i hope the zombies come soon and kill off like, 3/5th the population.

Vijchtidoodah
March 2, 2005, 8:20 pm
"i hope the zombies come soon and kill off like, 3/5th the population."

I just read today that if everyone in China lined up and walked past you, the line would never end.

DT
March 2, 2005, 8:46 pm
once you think about it... zombies moan alot... and have to eat flesh to sustain them... and then get hungry again
or mabye... its sexual desirement!?

Deleted User
March 2, 2005, 8:59 pm
I agree with peemonkey on this one. All new zombie movies suck ass, though the old ones aren't that great either. The original concept for zombies had to do with necromancers perverting the life force in humans in order to suit their own needs. The zombies were mostly used to form some sort of unstoppable army that grew and grew by infecting everyone else.

Infection was caused by either the zombies killing a person and then having the necromancer raising him, or by the zombies transfering part of their "undead" energy into the corpse.

One reason why you have to shoot them in the head to kill them is because the brain was where the necromancer usually made his connection to the victims body/soul.

Zombies, like you said, have no intelligence and little to no memory, after all, their minds are rotted and only their connection to their undead master sustains them. Therefore they are still able to use weapons(like axes), if their master wills it.

They're able to tell the difference between the living and the dead the same way you do. Have you ever been mistaken about whether someone was dead or alive when you looked at them with your own two eyes?

I like zombies and other stuff like that. Not because I like creepy/retarded horror stuff, but because I'm a total D&D nerd. XP

Michal
March 2, 2005, 9:08 pm
The zombies in dawn of the dead were fresh meat, while in other movies/games they are usually pretty rotten.
Their muscles still did not rot away, so that's why they could run so fast and stuff.

...Wierd that a thread about zombies was made. Just this morning I had a dream about a zombie attack.

Deleted User
March 2, 2005, 9:12 pm
Anyone here seen Shaun of the Dead? Or 28 Days Later?

Famine
March 3, 2005, 2:25 am
Shaun of the Dead was nice.

"Why do we have to go see Liz?"
"Because, I need to see if she is alright"
"But she dumped you"
"I love her"
"Alright.....gay"

Vijchtidoodah
March 3, 2005, 3:00 am
Swazo, the original idea for zombies isn't what you said it was, but you're close. In fact, a few cultures can combine chemicals found in the plants and animals around them that will poison a person enough that they will seem dead but will still be alive. After that person is buried, the poisoner digs them up as fast as he can and then gets them to do his manual labor through hypnotic persuasion and a constant stream of chemicals to keep them drugged out. They can still eat, walk, pee, whatever, but they lose most of their fine motor skills and thinking ability.

The reason that you don't see more of this is because the person who is conducting all of it has to measure and time things perfectly, otherwise he'll just end up a murderer. And from what I've heard, this is a very tough thing to do.

peemonkey
March 3, 2005, 3:26 am
ive seen someone i didnt know if they were dead or alive. turned out they were dead. i got on TV cuz i found a body. woot for me. (happened when i was 9. builds character.)

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 3:40 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahSwazo, the original idea for zombies isn't what you said it was, but you're close. In fact, a few cultures can combine chemicals found in the plants and animals around them that will poison a person enough that they will seem dead but will still be alive. After that person is buried, the poisoner digs them up as fast as he can and then gets them to do his manual labor through hypnotic persuasion and a constant stream of chemicals to keep them drugged out. They can still eat, walk, pee, whatever, but they lose most of their fine motor skills and thinking ability.

The reason that you don't see more of this is because the person who is conducting all of it has to measure and time things perfectly, otherwise he'll just end up a murderer. And from what I've heard, this is a very tough thing to do.

Come to think of it I read about something like that once, but that was a fictional book..Hmm...

BManx2000
March 3, 2005, 3:52 am
Much like Romeo and Juliet, only without the hypnotic enslavement part.

paramud
March 3, 2005, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineShaun of the Dead was nice.

"Why do we have to go see Liz?"
"Because, I need to see if she is alright"
"But she dumped you"
"I love her"
"Alright.....gay"

"[IMAGE]-a-doodle-doo"

Lt. Sneezy
March 3, 2005, 4:10 am
Fools. You're worried about zombies. I've seen [IMAGE]ers had cybernetic implants. Robo-zomb-pires, people, robo-zomb-pires...

Anyway, back to the topic, not many people contemplate the details concerning the reality of zombies. I guess you could eventually make up some excuse for everything they do. While not necessarily zombie-related, the book I Am Legend is a good one about a man trying to survive in a world full of vampires. It's pretty good.

Vijchtidoodah
March 3, 2005, 4:31 am
It was also on my old elementary school's reading list...I wouldn't suggest that if you want a book with substance.

Captain Ben
March 3, 2005, 5:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Swazo
Have you ever been mistaken about whether someone was dead or alive when you looked at them with your own two eyes?

hundreds of times...
and i only have one eye 'P