( search forums )
Two step ban
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Anti-mff
March 2, 2005, 7:54 am
When banned on a server I think you still should be able to enter as a spectator. In that way you'd be able to discuss the reasons to the ban and for an example explain how a move you just made is performed (proving that you're not a cheater).

If being rude or slowing down the server the server should be able to ban you again so that you wouldn't be able to enter as spectator either but that shouldn't be achieved automatically by the first ban.

Far too many stupid server owners are out there.

Rambo_6
March 2, 2005, 1:54 pm
I agree, but wouldn't the idiots who DID use the cheater just come back in as a spectator and be like, OMH THIS IS TEH SUX SERVR SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

Or something like that?

Denacke
March 2, 2005, 2:14 pm
This is not good!
1. If you are banned by the admin, he will have his reasons, wether he hates you or just wants to ban people. A ban means not being able to go on it anymore, so you shouldn't be able to either.

2. Spectators take up slots, therefor block other moreworthy of playing on the server of going on.

If i ban someone, it's because I don't want him to come back, I'll kick them if I want to give them a second chance.

FliesLikeABrick
March 2, 2005, 2:39 pm
yeah, vote kicks no longer ban, so you have to be banned by an admin, who has his reasons. Often my bans are for people being d*cks to my players, or flooding with taunts, or otherwise being stupid... I don't want them being able to get back in and harass people, esp if they are pissed off about being banned

Judge_Man
March 2, 2005, 7:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickto my players

Oh! so now we are YOUR property? hahaha

kwanfei
March 2, 2005, 9:58 pm
Affirmative

FliesLikeABrick
March 2, 2005, 11:16 pm
of course... anyone who comes into my house is rightfully mine, and anyone who comes into my server is automatically mine too

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 12:24 am
Yeah, Flies was lying about that server-stats thing. It really steals your name and then you belong to him. =]

Perhaps if there was a way to discuss things with an admin before they ban you? I've noticed that far too often admins just threaten to ban you, or even just go ahead and do it, no warning.

I think the best improvement, or suggestion to solve this problem, is to have better admins or go to a server with better admins. One or the other.

Keron Cyst
March 3, 2005, 6:46 am
Wow; I didn't know spectators took up player slots...

quote:Originally posted by Lapis_Lazuli... Perhaps if there was a way to discuss things with an admin before they ban you? I've noticed that far too often admins just threaten to ban you, or even just go ahead and do it, no warning....
Tru' dat. Before I could reply, I was already banned off a server >.<

quote:... I think the best... suggestion... is to have better admins or go to a server with better admins. One or the other.
You can't unfortunately find good servers all the time, tho' /:-|