( search forums )
3n3sc3 is down... 4ever
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
argfameal
March 2, 2005, 4:42 pm
yeah this is a day we all wait for... [IMAGE] stop to "hack" soldat.
make it sure urself... at www.[IMAGE].com

he will close.. and u can't download any cheats/trainers anymore...

yeah :]

Jaz
March 2, 2005, 5:23 pm
4 locked in a row, in a line. Must be a record or something !

FliesLikeABrick
March 2, 2005, 6:34 pm
yes, and in addition to putting hacks in the past, he is working on a name-registration thing (for servers who wish to participate) that protect people's nicknames when they try to join a server from the wrong ip. For people with dynmic IPs, he also added a small program the client runs on their comp to update with each new IP.

I've been talking to him about this for a while and I look forward to hosting the server for it.

Hopefully he will contine to provide the community with quality apps and maybe even help MM with some anti-hack help

I also hope his name will be taken out of the word filter and that he might be unbanned from the forums, I believe he should be welcome here

btw Jaz this wont get locked

Alamo
March 2, 2005, 6:44 pm
... i don't believe this is true... you really allow him to participate in the programming of Soldat? lol

Jaz
March 2, 2005, 6:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick

btw Jaz this wont get locked

I thought what he said was gibberish about hackers. My bad :).

argfameal
March 2, 2005, 7:06 pm
whats the problem he was one of the 'stars' in the [IMAGE] scene. when someone know bugs which can abused he is the right address... not for nothing often big secrurity company's are interresting in the ones who was makingt trouble for them in further times... what i want to say... i think u know allready... give him also a chance to make soldat a better game...

SuperKill
March 2, 2005, 7:16 pm
weird how all of those hackers eventually help the community.
or am i just missinformed and lapis is being sarcastic?

DT
March 2, 2005, 8:36 pm
Hackers doing good is uncommon but i've seen it before and sometimes thier was betral at the end... like that movie with the hacker stoping a worm from stealing money and capsizing a tankard...
althouh your giving them alot of power to...

they must of seen the light and joined with the ravioli god instead of the meatball god...

FliesLikeABrick
March 2, 2005, 8:54 pm
yeah, but i've been talking to [IMAGE] for a while, and i trust that he isnt just using us on this one... ive seen other hackers/crackers give it up after a while, and i know when to and when not to trust them

N1nj@
March 2, 2005, 9:05 pm
Still, he was a hacker after all, I think we shouldn't trust him that much. He can help if he wants to, but I don't think MM should let him do anything with the source or coding...

Edit: I just wanted to add, if his name is remove from the word-filter thing, then all the past famous hackers should be also, since they no longer hack soldat.

Rambo_6
March 2, 2005, 9:07 pm
I respect [IMAGE] a little more, now that he's grown up and shut down his databases.

still, i don't think he can be trusted...

Deleted User
March 2, 2005, 9:24 pm
I trust him, mainly because I trust Flies. If he were to help out MM, what could he do that MM wouldn't notice and fix? Not to say that MM isn't perfect(*gasp*), but if [IMAGE] can slip something by him that ruins the game then I don't think MM should be making games.

N1nj@
March 2, 2005, 10:20 pm
I guess u are kinda right. But I still think we can only trust him to some extent.

n00bface
March 2, 2005, 10:51 pm
Michal wouldn't give the source to anyone, ever. The best 3n3sc3 could do to help Michal is to tell him what exploits he's using and what he's doing so that Michal knows what he should work on. I personally think that Michal should use all the money he's made from soldat registrations and hire a hitman to finish 3n3sc3 off, but that's just me.

grand_diablo
March 2, 2005, 10:53 pm
We should give him a chance, yet he needs to earn a lot of trust to work with michal directly (Id like to hear Michals own opinion about this of course, since it is his own decision in the end).

wormdundee
March 3, 2005, 2:33 am
hey, if [IMAGE] would just be like an exploit fixerer

and, if flies is willing to trust him, then i think he is worthy to be trusted, at least take [IMAGE] 's name off the filter list

Gen0cide
March 3, 2005, 4:37 am
I get all of this..yet
I have no [IMAGE]ing idea who you guys are talking about
^_^
And if you guys(flie and company) trust him..then i trust him..:P

Green Barret
March 3, 2005, 9:35 am
This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but i felt the need to point out something most people don't know or ignore.
Hackers are the good guys! Try searching on google "how to hack". The media totally misused the word and it was become something bad to be a hacker.
The guys who do the vandalism are the crackers. Please do not further curse the word hacker because the hackers are the helpful people!

palloco
March 3, 2005, 9:41 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickFor people with dynmic IPs, he also added a small program the client runs on their comp to update with each new IP.

You know that is called spyware. I expect no server will force registration thing in order to play.

frogboy
March 3, 2005, 10:20 am
LOL showing how idiot you are?

Such program is not spyware, I'd assume it merely collects the IP and uploads it to a server. If that is spyware, then Soldat itself is spyware, and web browsing, and anything which uses an IP in any way (i.e. any internet program).

March 3, 2005, 11:27 am
[IMAGE]? Ensece is a swear word? Man this is strange. Besides, if Michal hired a hitman, he'd have no money to make the new version! Oh yeah, frog boy, ur clan shut down.

FliesLikeABrick
March 3, 2005, 12:24 pm
palloco think about this for a second
1) anywhere you go gets your ip anyway (every website you go to, every soldat server you play in(and any other game), every time you go on AIM, MSN, absolutely anywhere)... the internet is based on IPs to send information anywhere

2) this software would need your permission (and you would have to install it) in order for it to run. spyware generally installs itself and sends private information from your computer to a central server somewhere

3) IP-update clients are used for all kinds of things, mainly domain management

4) the whole reason nobody has made a name-based system so far is because everyone didnt feel like designing a dyn-update system

5) it wouldnt force users to register to play on a server, it would just protect the names of people who do register

6) wow palloco, just... wow.

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 9:36 am
[IMAGE] also made the program which auto-kicks soldiers and gives me messages when somone type !admin ingame on the TPG soldat servers.

Niff
March 4, 2005, 10:14 am
I think I'm missing out on something here.

SuperKill
March 4, 2005, 10:34 am
3n3sc3 used to be a hacker which brought many servers down blah blah blah..
apperantly now he turned good.

Niff
March 4, 2005, 11:03 am
Hacker? Good? *brain asplode*

Carcass
March 4, 2005, 11:44 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill3n3sc3 used to be a hacker which brought many servers down blah blah blah..
apperantly now he turned good.

If you all played in the Australian soldat scene, you wouldn't give him another think of letting him be a part of the community.

TPG (aka OneTwoThree :P) , do you not remember how he shut down your server while you were there? I wouldn't be suprised if that program to kick soldiers also sent him the admin pass, it's something he would do.

Things he has done after "becoming good"
-Shutdown TPG server before an Admin.
-Continously tried to flood a server til it crashed, but unsuccesfully as his net was too slow to cause fatal damage. (Did this because he was called a hacker and was kicked)
-When he came in to play an honoust game, he used hacks/trainers to spawn where he wanted too.

Also TPG, you sure your servers screwed up speed (resulting in terrible pings for Aus players) isn't due to NSC's program that kicks soldiers?

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 2:01 pm
quote:Also TPG, you sure your servers screwed up speed (resulting in terrible pings for Aus players) isn't due to NSC's program that kicks soldiers? No, this is caused by the VoIP hardware we had installed on the same machine, we are changing the servers to our new machine by the end of the week.

And carcass, when he "shut it down" all he did was connect to admin with an invalid password and it crashed, it did it for everyone that tried, not only him.

quote:-When he came in to play an honoust game, he used hacks/trainers to spawn where he wanted too. sounds like abit of nipple sucking to me.

quote: I wouldn't be suprised if that program to kick soldiers also sent him the admin pass, it's something he would do. after letting it run on a test server for 3 days straight with a packet logger on it, there was no unauthorized packets that contained anything they shouldnt. and winsock monitoring showed it only connected to the IRC server I specified and to the soldat server.

Atleast try to keep this ontopic.

Elephant_Hunter
March 4, 2005, 2:06 pm
Carcass... first off, you know an awful lot about 3n3sc3 for 4 posts. How did you know it was him that messed up your server? Those programs he made were available to anybody who had ever visited his site.

FliesLikeABrick
March 4, 2005, 2:20 pm
yeah, they have been out for a while, and nobody has reported any problems. I'm sure others besides TPG checked for packets containing sensitive information or anything else that might piss people off.

He has been 'clean' for about a week or two... are you saying that he did those things recently? TPG talks about them like they happened months ago

March 4, 2005, 2:51 pm
hmm, u'd think he might actually reserve the powerful progs for himself.

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 7:22 pm
Why bother with "powerful progs" as you say. It's a freakin' online shareware game...

peemonkey
March 4, 2005, 8:35 pm
i'd like to congradualte frogboy on that awsome quote from months ago. very good ;)

Carcass
March 5, 2005, 3:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterCarcass... first off, you know an awful lot about 3n3sc3 for 4 posts.

I'd say playing with him/knowing about him for a year is enough. Just 'cause i choose not to post on these forums means I can't know who NSC the AUSTRALIAN hacker is, although I am Australian also. I try to stay away from these forums, it's mostly randoms hit ;)

TPG, sorry, it was worth a try to prevent people from feeling sympathy to him :P On the TPG subject - I was wrong, apart from the fact he crashed it.

How did we know it was him? The way he acts, his ping, how hurt he gets when we insulted his pic (resulted in crashing of TPG server, remember 123? :D )

And to conclude: Elephant_Hunter, you are stupid. (which I mean in the nicest way possible.)

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 4:06 am
well ive got no problems with [IMAGE], and if somone with high respect such as FliesLikeABrick trusts him, then I do aswell.

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 6, 2005, 9:08 am
server crashing programs were never on his site...

DeafBox
March 8, 2005, 3:16 am
It is a shame that death angel (old name) is given respect by ppl who werent around when he was actually hacking and causing serious damage.

Someone can make a few legite programs but that doesnt mean u should over look past indiscretions. If a convicted rapist moved next door (after serving his time) and claimed that he was clean and a new man would u just accept that and forget his past acts?

If u would u are foolish and unrealistic.

I dont really care... whether he hacks or not anymore... couldnt give a stuff. But a word of warning, just remember who your dealing with.

Elephant_Hunter
March 8, 2005, 4:39 am
> how hurt he gets when we insulted his pic
Well I guess that explains a lot. Can't you new folks just put a cap in it?

> Elephant_Hunter, you are stupid.
Now you insult people who just question you? Right. You must know me real well for reading one post, Carcass. I congratulate you for proving that you just stamp a name on somebody's arse when you see 'em.

At least you can admit when you're wrong. I'll give you that.

hock3y
March 9, 2005, 12:34 am
quote:Someone can make a few legite programs but that doesnt mean u should over look past indiscretions. If a convicted rapist moved next door (after serving his time) and claimed that he was clean and a new man would u just accept that and forget his past acts?

Using a comparision of a convicted criminal is kind of outrageous in this situation, and maybe he did hurt servers before (ok he did), but now think of the good he can do for the community, and it's not like Michal would give him the source, and if 3n3sc3 did mess with it, do you think Michal would give him the ONLY Copy? No.

If flieslikeabrick says he can be trusted now, I believe he can be, and he can maybe even make some useful apps, maybe even some anti-hacking stuff against his own old exploits/trainers.

quote:I dont really care... whether he hacks or not anymore... couldnt give a stuff. But a word of warning, just remember who your dealing with.

Also obviously you are going to be careful around him, you are careful around everyone on the internet, your not going to accept a file named keylogger.exe now are we?

DeafBox
March 10, 2005, 1:23 am
I case u hadnt noticed his name is blocked on the forum. This is a quite extreme measure... i dont think anyone else has ever had the honor?

Point being styx, mike felt that he was damaging enough to warrant such action. Yet u guys seem to ignore that fact...

Its also funny that mike had him kicked of his isp (tpg), and now tpg seems quite happy to deal with him.

quote:He has been 'clean' for about a week or two...
a week and everyone is opening thier arms and welcoming him back...

*puts on short memory by midnight oil*

FliesLikeABrick
March 10, 2005, 2:03 am
deafbox, people change.

his name was blocked so that hacks wouldnt spread, and for all anyone here knows, he might be unbanned (and obviously his name unblocked) so that he could be of service to the community. He has put so much time and effort into his name authentication service (which i predict many server will use) that that alone warrants his unban in my opinion. He wasn't banned for being a bad person, he was banned for creating hacks that were being distributed under his name/site.

DeafBox
March 10, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:He wasn't banned for being a bad person, he was banned for creating hacks that were being distributed under his name/site.
i never said he was a bad person... altho i wouldnt call someone who creates hacks and actively seeks to cause damage to a FREE computer game a good one.

U say hes changed, yet apparently according to u he has only stopped hacking a week ago. And according to some Australians, that actually play in the servers that he uses he hasnt stopped at all. If he is making a good prog... fine.. but he shouldnt be welcomed back after 15 mins work, when he seriously caused 6 months distruption to our soldat community.

quote:he was banned for creating hacks that were being distributed under his name/site.
Yeahhhh he was, he is the reason in australia we have so many hackers. He made the hacks avaliable to anyone who wanted them and actively used his hacks to specifically target clans and servers.
If his program is so great, im sure mike can tweak it even better. If he is legit about coming back he should submit his work (to mike) and crawl back into his hole until he has proven he no longer hacks. A week of not hacking (altho he may still be hacking) shouldnt be enough penance.

FliesLikeABrick
March 11, 2005, 12:09 am
that was zenji that went around distributing his hacks and disrupting the community. The nickname registration thing he made couldnt have taken less than 40 hours of work, not 15 minutes.

N1nj@
March 11, 2005, 4:21 am
quote:He wasn't banned for being a bad person, he was banned for creating hacks that were being distributed under his name/site.
I don't know about you, but I think poeple who creates hacks for games like this are bad people.

Deleted User
March 11, 2005, 11:04 am
In regards to [IMAGE] supposedly being kicked from TPG's Internet Services, I found out that is 100% false, as creating trainers is not illegal nor is it a violation of our terms & services (And since the crashing was caused by the soldat client, that also was not illegal)

Icarius
March 11, 2005, 4:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTHackers doing good is uncommon but i've seen it before and sometimes thier was betral at the end... like that movie with the hacker stoping a worm from stealing money and capsizing a tankard...
althouh your giving them alot of power to...

they must of seen the light and joined with the ravioli god instead of the meatball god...

There is a term for people like this. They are called White Hats...

It's not uncommon actually either.

FliesLikeABrick
March 11, 2005, 5:09 pm
ive dealt with a couple hackers-gone-good, and i have yet to be betrayed.

Sneaky Bstard
March 12, 2005, 8:53 am
simple, enesc3 = [IMAGE],so being the attention whore he is he nows decides he will "be good"

iv seen this prick join games and say some smart ass comment then shut it down,now he gets no thrill from that anymore he thinks he can u-turn and be a [IMAGE]ing angel now.

some people just dont deserve trust or respect and this prick has annoyed people enough to never get that.

b00stA
March 12, 2005, 11:38 am
Sneaky [IMAGE].

Karvinen
March 12, 2005, 1:46 pm
quote:
Also obviously you are going to be careful around him, you are careful around everyone on the internet, your not going to accept a file named keylogger.exe now are we?

No one is going to send a keylogger named "keylogger.exe", "trojan.exe" etc. Trojan horses are supposed to be disguised as legit.

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 3:24 pm
what kind of hacks did he make?

FliesLikeABrick
March 12, 2005, 5:43 pm
lets not get into the details of what hacks he made, what did what etc etc. that kind of talk gets topics locked

Psyker
March 14, 2005, 11:38 pm
why are you people complaining? you should be happy he's helping now.

major corporations hire hackers to help them out with their software...

besides, if he turns out to be a [IMAGE], we can just outlaw him anyway, right? so give him a chance.

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 10:11 pm
Soo... can we trust the h4x0r?

DNA.styx
April 6, 2005, 10:32 pm
We've moved on from this discussion.

(locked)