( search forums )
Weapon Class Limit
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Colin_00
March 2, 2005, 8:08 pm
The Ability to limit the amount of Class limits in a game. CTF where the admin can limit the amount of a certain weapon in a game. and not just remove the class completly. so that clan wars are evened out. Also, so that servers are not over-run with barrret(my fav weapon), mini, etc. i am trying not to compare to other games, but TFC, and CS implemnt it already. where the server can allow only, say 2 snipers per team, or only 1 HW guy, etc.

i have a few more idea, but i am still weeding through the forums to see if they have been posted already

zyxstand
March 2, 2005, 9:53 pm
it'll be unfair but it would be good if the people organize themselves and agree on what who can use - like in clanwars (as u said)...but i don think it'd be good for just an online game with like 4 people fighting over the barret...that'd suck

kwanfei
March 2, 2005, 9:55 pm
hmmm, i don't like it too much

The Geologist
March 2, 2005, 11:32 pm
Been suggested, been shot down. Sorry, but if I want to choose a gun I want to choose that gun and not be limited by how many of a certain gun the admin thinks should be used.

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 12:28 am
Enemy Territory has a system where only a certain number of a weapon can be in play for a team at a time.

Example, lets say Team A likes to play unfair, so they all choose the Panzerfaust, which is a splash damage weapon, pretty much one-hit kill. Well, after one or two of them choose that weapon, the game simply tells them they are out of stock . If another player wants to use the Panzerfaust, they have to wait for it to be given up.

Unfortunately, this leads to a lot of "Give ME that weapon for I am obviously better with it than you" arguments.

Gen0cide
March 3, 2005, 4:46 am
I don't think that arguement would happen on soldat since people die quickly (usually),but I still don't like the idea anyhow.

Jap_man
March 3, 2005, 6:32 am
It's a good idea in a way, but people should be able to choose what weapon they want to play with rather than not being able to get the weapon they prefer, then start an argument in the server or something.

Colin_00
March 3, 2005, 5:56 pm
Well my idea was mainly for Soldat ClanWars, and maybe even league play, cause i played a team of all m79/LAW, and we got smashed to oblivion. it would be a nice addon (optionally of course). it was just a small suggestion.

i apperciate you reading it

<<n8v>>io.sys
British Columbia, Canada

SPARTAN_III
March 7, 2005, 2:28 pm
i like to use whatever the hell gun i want. i dont like restrictions.

echo
March 7, 2005, 8:18 pm
This feature would only be nice for cw's. Restrict the minimi to 1 user per team, for example. In pub's who cares?

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 9:56 pm
it would be a pain in the ass...
say there are 3 m72 campers in a tunnel and you can't even get a barret to pop 'em off!!