( search forums )
A few small things I'd love to see done:
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
The Grand Wazoo
March 2, 2005, 10:06 pm
1) The weapon's list doesn't pop up when you spawn at the start of the map/first time on the map, this is frustrating and often gets the player killed by others who close it more quickly.

2) Have an option for the weapons menu to be set to "disabled" as default (similar to above, but another fix to the same problem).

If you can do the above with a config file, or in setup, let me know.

3) Map votes seem to suceed nearly all of the time, often right after a map change. Make an option for servers to have a period (length of their choose) to prevent a mapvote within x amount of time after a mapchange caused by a vote.

4) Every time a player requests a player kick there should be a statement of how many player kicks he has requested previously.

5) Every time you request a player kick you should be able to type in a reason, like in IRC. This way people know what the person is supposedly being vote-kicked for.

DT
March 3, 2005, 3:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Grand Wazoo1) The weapon's list doesn't pop up when you spawn at the start of the map/first time on the map, this is frustrating and often gets the player killed by others who close it more quickly.

just press tab and all is solved
quote:
2) Have an option for the weapons menu to be set to "disabled" as default (similar to above, but another fix to the same problem).
tab does the work again
quote:
3) Map votes seem to suceed nearly all of the time, often right after a map change. Make an option for servers to have a period (length of their choose) to prevent a mapvote within x amount of time after a mapchange caused by a vote.
if different players vote on a map then it will come up... thier is i think about 1:30 time to revote... or mabye 2:30..
quote:
4) Every time a player requests a player kick there should be a statement of how many player kicks he has requested previously.
yea a counter... that would be nice...
quote:
5) Every time you request a player kick you should be able to type in a reason, like in IRC. This way people know what the person is supposedly being vote-kicked for.

or you can use T and type it in thier

MercyM
March 3, 2005, 4:46 pm
I only like the no. 4

mar77a
March 3, 2005, 10:35 pm
Yeah, me too, but count the times he made a vote-kick or the times he kicked (duh?)?

Captain Ben
March 4, 2005, 7:39 am
what i'd like to see is a limit on vote kicks.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 4, 2005, 7:30 pm
4. Very good idea
5. I plan to do something like this

Rambo_6
March 4, 2005, 8:05 pm
#4 would let you know if the person who requested it is a moron or not, so i say YAY

Magniitude
March 4, 2005, 8:15 pm
Or there could be preset reasons for the kick , other than stopping and typing and getting yourself killed.

kwanfei
March 4, 2005, 10:13 pm
Disagree with #1&2

Vijchtidoodah
March 4, 2005, 11:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Grand WazooWhen you type ingame, some (or maybe all?) of the buttons you press still do their normal actions. When you've hit the "chat" button it should make all other button presses, at least alphanumeric ones null untill you've hit enter.

Before anyone posts in that topic, you should delete it using this [IMAGE] button.

Keron Cyst
March 5, 2005, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski... 5. I plan to do something like this
Then could you have, if the reason's long, the lines make new line breaks and continue under (instead of going off the monitor)? You could have this done only for a vote-kick reason so that spammers can't do take up space in normal type :-)