( search forums )
what is the difference between sniper and camper?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 4:08 pm
what do u think it is? how is a camper different to a sniper? or is there no difference?

MercyM
March 3, 2005, 4:42 pm
Camper doesn't always use Barret. It could use chainsaw for example. Or other weapons. Sniper's got always a Barret.

Rhombus
March 3, 2005, 4:48 pm
in addition: snipers dont camp. Campers do, snipers just... well... snipe!

SPARTAN_III
March 3, 2005, 4:56 pm
but isn't sniping, camping? because that's what you do when you snipe, right?

MercyM
March 3, 2005, 4:57 pm
Not always, you can stop for a second (not camping) and snipe only with one bullet... :Ö

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 5:05 pm
Snipers are skillful players that are able to kill their enemies quickly and effeciently.

Campers are the snipers that are too slow to kill their enemies before they start whining.

Coey_89
March 3, 2005, 5:40 pm
This is what i think that snipers are the ones who can kill an enemy without camping and well campers camp with all sorts of weapons like te ruger or KNIFE!!! chainsaw etc. but still you have to have skill to use the Barett

The Grand Wazoo
March 3, 2005, 6:07 pm
Camper is what people call others who like to find defensive positions in CTF, or good vantage points/ambush spots in DM. Sniper just means you're using a sniper rifle.

lieroguy
March 3, 2005, 7:28 pm
Campers are nothing to be concerned with. Sure, they get a few pre-emptive kills but they're fairly easy to counter, and if they kill you, well, it means they're doing their job.

DT
March 3, 2005, 8:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliSnipers are skillful players that are able to kill their enemies quickly and effeciently.

Campers are the snipers that are too slow to kill their enemies before they start whining.

and campers just sit in one spot for a long time and hardly ever move

Keron Cyst
March 3, 2005, 8:35 pm
Campers are those who just sit behind the flag in CTF_Voland with a one-hit kill weapon :-P

?
March 3, 2005, 8:59 pm
Lets not forget camping can be done with ANY weapon, not just barret.

blackdevil0742
March 3, 2005, 9:24 pm
snipers have a fixed target
while campers kill every one

Swebonny
March 3, 2005, 9:37 pm
Campers just sit there everyday in same spot same map and shoot peaple they can hit. They dont care about score , dont care if they r in danger. They r protecting the thing. Like Germans protect Omaha Beach.

Snipers i a person that runs evry where with a Barret and kill enemys. They got high agillity and can lie in air and shoot or role behind the enemy and do a nice back shoot. They care about there score and scores to the teams. They was like the Allied on Omaha Beach.

lol that is what i thougt..:p

Gen0cide
March 4, 2005, 12:38 am
Screw sniping and camping,the only way to use a barrett is to rush!!
Like me..
Bink?Whats that ;)

Dathker
March 4, 2005, 1:32 am
gen0cide, running around like a retard a.k.a. "rushing with the barret" is not the best use for a barret. you and all should use a barret like its ment to be used, sniping. otherwise, other weapons can be used for sniping, like the ruger, it just doesn't have the rang like the barret.

AerialAssault
March 4, 2005, 1:36 am
sniping is using the barrett scope to kill enemies at long ranges. camping is to lie in wait in one spot for extended periods of time.

Aegis
March 4, 2005, 1:37 am
Difference between snipers and campers?
A sniper - Someone who has extremely accurate aim with a rifle-like weapon at long distances.

A camper - A player who remains in the same spot for a very long duration of time. A valid game tactic, but frowned upon.

Not all snipers are campers - if you use a rifle well at long range but move around, you are not camping.

Spawn Camping - The act of staying at a point where enemy players spawn and immediately killing them as they appear. Annoying behavior and also frequently unfair tactic.

Spawn campers are much more annoying than normal camping

SPARTAN_III
March 4, 2005, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cideScrew sniping and camping,the only way to use a barrett is to rush!!
Like me..
Bink?Whats that ;)

[IMAGE]ing barretard....

i snipe, but with an FN minimi. is that camping??

Gen0cide
March 4, 2005, 1:55 am
Lol..barrett hater.
And actually,I do very well rushing with barrett,you havent seen me play.
I hate people who hate weapons..if you call someone a barrettard for shooting you,then well,your getting pwned by a barrettard.

And barrett may be made for sniping,but it isnt just one use.
Ruger is a hunting rifle,is it not?
Chainsaw is for cutting wood and such,is it not?

LazehBoi
March 4, 2005, 4:28 am
Pfft. The minimi is much more lame than the barret in CTF... TIME TO BE ON TOPIC
A sniper uses the scope. A camper doesn't.

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 4:31 am
Argh..this threads gone on too long. People just keep saying the same thing..AH!

March 4, 2005, 4:33 am
Snipers can run about using a sniper rifle. They don't need to stop
Campers on the other hand can wait in a scenery and stab u when u pass.

Liquid Metal
March 4, 2005, 6:56 am
Campers set up tents

MercyM
March 4, 2005, 11:29 am
Not in Soldat. :D

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 3:15 pm
Snipers move place to place, campers stays same place until death/end of the match (usually goes to same place again and again...)

lastpatriot
March 4, 2005, 4:45 pm
Snipers have...skills? And they actually move from time to time?

Ivan0
March 4, 2005, 6:49 pm
I may be wrong but lets for a moment consider camping/sniping useless in DM/TDM games (your kills per second depend on your firing rate, not weapons damage).
Now that leaves us with INF and CTFs. You are stinking camper if you sit in one stop, and without even moving your mouse keep firing at incoming enemies. Sniper on the other hand will sit in a bush to take out a distant enemy and then continue on moving towards the flag.
Defense... you dont need defense in CTF, and in INF all blue team should be campers anyways, they must defend their flag, and thats the most efficient way.

lastpatriot
March 4, 2005, 9:25 pm
Yes, but I think this is more of a general topic about campers and snipers.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
March 5, 2005, 2:43 am
campers stay at the same freaking place. I always get suprised by that shooting rock...

Nos-D
March 5, 2005, 11:51 am
Sniper uses barret..
Camper not allways..

Cobrass
March 5, 2005, 12:20 pm
A camper can be smart,that is sniper.If they cannot shot anyone
but still "HIDE" at the same place,that is camper.

lastpatriot
March 5, 2005, 12:49 pm
It's easy to define in a CTF match. Snipers will hide, but will move, and help the greater good of the team.

A camper, will stay in the grass and hope nobody trips over him. If someone does, he will try to defend himself, the person will jump the poorly aimed Barret; or run back from the chainsaw/knife, and open fire. The camper proceeds to curse.

Maluno
March 5, 2005, 1:55 pm
What is the point of this thread again? I think the topic has been pretty much exhausted...

Boxo
March 5, 2005, 5:25 pm
Sniper is a retarded bot, and also the name of about a third of Soldats korean and polish players. Snipers always use the barret, no matter what.

Camper is an insult used by frustrated noobs against people who defend stuff.

Gen0cide
March 6, 2005, 6:07 am
Everyone stop saying the same thing!This post is gone way too long..
Heh,how do you like that,Swazo

Wopkeuh
March 8, 2005, 9:46 am
I once played a ctf game (forgot the map name) and I noticed the enemy kept coming in 3 at a time (3v3 match)... Of course this was a good tactic and twice in the game I sat in the middle behind a box (well hidden) and shot my m79 upwards, taking out 1 of the 3 approacing enemies.... When they passed I moved on of course.... Do you guys consider this camping?

lastpatriot
March 8, 2005, 11:56 am
No. That's sniping, though with the grenade launcher.

Psyker
March 9, 2005, 12:06 am
snipers don't camp

Indiana Jones
March 9, 2005, 12:57 am
Snipers do camp and try to "blend in to the surrounding" and ambush people to gain an easy kill. But if they're smart they will move on to avoid "payback". Camper is just somebody who hides and enjoy ambushing a people and never care about payback. You can find them hiding in the same spot...(eye rolling) most of the time anyway.

Gen0cide
March 9, 2005, 1:17 am
Snipers use a sniper rifle and hide,shooting people from far.
Campers stay in one spot with any weapon,
kapiche?

Dathker
March 9, 2005, 1:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Nos-DSniper uses barret..
Camper not allways..

WHAT THE HELL. is the soldat community illiterate, or what? because i definately just posted that a sniper does not always use barret.

Wally
March 9, 2005, 10:30 pm
I'd say I'm a sniper. I stay as far away from enemies as I can, and use accurate guns, such as the ruger and steyr. I also use precise shots to pick off campers. Of course, on INF_Warehouse, if I shoot through the windows of the building while on my way to the flag, I'm apparently a spawn camper.

Indiana Jones
March 9, 2005, 11:36 pm
Well, I say sniper can pick a enemy off with 1 or 2 shots and their victim never knows where the shot came from. Campers stay at one place and ambush careless passers. And would anyone plz summarize what we all said and END this forum?

Deleted User
March 10, 2005, 3:40 am
Snipers snipe campers are annoying, I can't really tell the difference between both of them they are both annoying. I just HATE people that tell you your a camper when you stop for a sec to wait for them then they call you camper stamper!