( search forums )
Various Problems with soldat.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Ray420vs
March 3, 2005, 6:34 pm
Im new to Soldat and have been experiencing a few problems with running the game. First of all, upon starting the game my screen resizes/refreshes maybe 5 times in rapid succession. The game then proceeds to an intro movie with an all-black background. I do not know if this is normal. After a couple of days of playing soldat, my soldat server would no longer start. I choose my desired options, gametype etc. and then hit start game and the screen blanks to a bluish-green color similar to that found around the game settings screen. I re installed soldat which fixed the problem for another 2 days, but it is happening again. Any help on these matters would be great.

My computers Specifications are as follows:

Dell 8200
Windows XP Home Edition 2002
2.0 ghz Processor
512mb RDram, 80 gb Harddrive
Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4600 Graphics Card

I am running the newest version of Directx 10, and upon checking my video drivers are all up to date. I recently (about a month ago) re-installed windows and reset all my computer settings.

Once again, any help on any of these issues would be great.

Thanks in advance,
-Ray

b00stA
March 3, 2005, 6:39 pm
You might want to try the windowed mode for Soldat via the config.exe in your Soldat folder.

Ray420vs
March 3, 2005, 7:35 pm
I just tried Windowed mode and while it fixed the black screen in back of the intro, my game still crashed and the box went blank upon trying to start a server. I read in a previous post that people with Geforce cards need to roll back their graphic drivers, however I do not think this is the case as it worked fine for 2 days or so, and I have not installed any new drivers in the last two days.

My computer is running at 1280 x 1024 resolution, and fullscreen or not, the game crashes when I try to play. Should I try changing my resolution? I am going to try to rollback my video drivers and see what happens anyway.

-Ray

Deleted User
March 3, 2005, 8:18 pm
I don't believe the resolution your desktop is running at would affect the game. Your best bet would be to try rolling back your drivers.

Ray420vs
March 3, 2005, 8:37 pm
If I were to roll back my drivers would I be able to re-initialize the newer ones without having to go through all the trouble of downloading them and installing them? I play many other games such as call of duty and CS Source which this would cause problems for. Are there any switcher programs out there which would let me switch between the versions?

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 12:10 am
I don't know of any switcher programs, but I'm not a huge Nvidia fan, so I may be out of the loop on that one.

The best solution is to install each driver set in a different location. When you need to switch drivers, just run the setup utility or tell Windows which set of drivers to use, and restart.

Ray420vs
March 4, 2005, 2:51 am
thanks man

Ray420vs
March 4, 2005, 3:10 am
Still didn't work, Any other suggestions?

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 3:24 am
Have you installed all your latest updates from Windows Update?

Denacke
March 4, 2005, 8:41 am
I don't think directx 10 exists does it?

Are you sure you have the latest version?