( search forums )
Refined Realism mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Ray420vs
March 3, 2005, 7:51 pm
It would be cool if realism mode could be altered in a couple of ways. First, you could take away all the bullet trails and make it that you can't see bullets, only your gun firing. Make bullets travel straight like they would in real life for a much longer distance, and make their flight a lot faster. Raise the Desert Eagles clip up to 14 shots, but make it do a little less damage per shot. raise the Ruger clip to 8 bullets, make it very accurate and make it do less damage; maybe a 3-4 shot kill. The other weapons could pretty much stay the same, but make the bullets travel further, faster and with more accuracy (with the exception of the shotgun). A recoil system could be put in so that accuracy dimishes if someone decides they want to unload the clip; similar to how it is now, but instead of the gun moving upwards; the bullets just lose accuracy.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

oh yea, sorry if someone else already posted this I only checked back a couple pages.

kwanfei
March 4, 2005, 10:04 pm
nonono
NO IS NO

zyxstand
March 4, 2005, 11:39 pm
not bad ideas but i really don't like them. weapons are fine. no bullet trails and new bullet paths would be hard and not too useful to implement since it'll be hard to get used to those paths. Recoil is just fine the way it is cuz realistically, a person would suddenly aim higher not loose accuracy. so in conclusion; all bad ideas... sry

Keron Cyst
March 5, 2005, 3:47 am
The projectiles are affected by gravity seemingly so heavily because they're actually just really slow (it takes sometimes over a second for 'em to reach your target). Plus, if they hit instantly, in a manner like John Rambo's Bow, then the game would need no skill and would become boring/annoying.
I like the bullet trails...

Rambo_6
March 5, 2005, 4:06 am
In real life, you barely see bullet trails.

So that may be a good idea.

Captain Ben
March 5, 2005, 5:12 am
yeah, but imagine:
'omG wat the FuK hit me????/// captaIn bEn u fukn H4X0r!!!111'
but i really don't play realistic that much anyway.

papasurf31
March 5, 2005, 8:33 pm
I love these ideas. I suggested a topic like this a while ago. personally, I think that Realistic mode SHOULD be radically different from normal soldat, so both Sim and Arcade players would be satisfied. Currently, the two modes are too simialr and the generic "realism" (higher damage, falling damage, recoil) don't make it enough of a unique, fun experience to waver from the standard soldat.

Magniitude
March 5, 2005, 10:15 pm
so in real life you die from 3-4 ruger shots?

zyxstand
March 5, 2005, 10:21 pm
in real life you won't be able to move cuz ur in so much pain when hit even by a socom. this game is unique BECAUSE it has those bullet trails. LEAVE IT! taking this away will not make this game unique nemore... NO!

Captain Ben
March 5, 2005, 11:39 pm
perhaps instead of a new realistic mode, there could be a one-shot-kills mode?
you know, like on goldeneye 64, license to kill...

kwanfei
March 6, 2005, 12:35 am
One of the biggest promble, campers.
For someone, it is hard to find the campers for now already, how are you able to find the campers if u cannot see the bullet trails.

If u don't wanna see the bullet trails, go download some mods that make u cannot see the trails.

Liquid Metal
March 6, 2005, 1:09 am
Less damage per shot and bullets losing accuracy anit realistic dude

Magniitude
March 6, 2005, 2:40 am
Right if it were meant to be really realistic then it would not be any fun.

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 11:33 am
Is it just me, or am I the only one who enjoys INF on un-realistic mode?

P.S. Realistic mode is fine now. Like Mag said, this game is great because of having a little unrealism.

Boer
March 6, 2005, 1:24 pm
hey thinkn bout those bullet trails. there is two types of trails in the game: the greyish one every bullet has , and a yellow one every random bullet has. whouldnt it be great if youd only see those yellow bullets, in real life with tracers every 4th bullet is a tracer! and it looks good. oh an ` more thing. with recoil, the cursor shouldnt just leap up. yeah up mostly, but a little side ways too( in a random way), then it whould it make firing the rugar less repetitive(the same thing all over evry time...) and skillfull.

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 1:46 pm
I actually like this.

Green Barret
March 6, 2005, 1:53 pm
Reply to Boer's post: I think it would lag too much.

Onto topic: Nice idea because realistic mode should be well, real. However I really don't think this would fit Soldat. Soldat was made a Quake type action game. If you really wanted a realistic mode there shouldn't even be jet boots.. and all weapons would take only 1~3 shots to kill... the minigun's recoil would kill you... the law would disappear after a single shot(LAWs are not reloadable in real life)... and so on to the point which the game would no longer be Soldat.

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 3:30 pm
Instead of having a self-fatal minigun, how about you have to crouch, and set it on a tripod?

SPARTAN_III
March 6, 2005, 3:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotIs it just me, or am I the only one who enjoys INF on un-realistic mode?

P.S. Realistic mode is fine now. Like Mag said, this game is great because of having a little unrealism.

you are not alone.

and i agree.

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 4:45 pm
Finally! Everybody always says "You have to play INF on realistic". When I started, I thought that the way you had recoil in realistic, it was a glitch.

MakroX
March 6, 2005, 6:11 pm
in real life, a normal bullet should kill u. no matter what, so this isnt realistic at all.
u suck

SGT.Joey
March 7, 2005, 4:36 am
I agree with you guys, But the bullet trails are cool i like em i dont even need the cross hair with them but could they be any darker? becouse everytime theres a dark map dam i lose myself...in real life mounted machine guns on bouts and planes(commonly m2's and miniguns) but they have a pattern like one in every 5 shots is a tracer(lights up and is clearly visible by the naked eye), why would u want to bypod the minigun? im sorry tripod the minigun ud be lying on the ground with a chain gun pointing someone could knife u in a blink of an eye.

thats wat i think.

JiggaBlue
March 7, 2005, 5:50 am
Here is a mod i made that makes the game harder\more realistic: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=21610

I havn't got to bullets yet. :(

Also, im not sure if this against the rules. So sorry if it is.