( search forums )
Grenades
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LazehBoi
March 4, 2005, 4:53 am
Mmmh... I don't think you should be able to fire and throw 'nades at the same time, I don't know how someone would be able to fire a rifle with one hand, especially when the other arm is throwing a grenade. Just a thought.

kwanfei
March 4, 2005, 10:12 pm
I think u cannot do that in the game.....

zyxstand
March 4, 2005, 11:37 pm
good point... i say that your gun should stop firing when you press "e" (nade) and then when thrown continue again. the only problem is that your guy will do animation and stop reloading when pressing "e" even though he has no grenades...so that problem should also be solved.

Michal
March 5, 2005, 12:21 am
Yeah, it makes sense. I would prefer this, there would be less nade spamming since people would have to choose between firing and tossing a nade.
... Might take a while for me to get used to it though.

Captain Ben
March 5, 2005, 12:50 am
then i'd be screwed in most fire-fights, but i agree.

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 2:34 am
It would be possible to fire a rifle and throw a grenade at the same time, but it would be very unlikely that you'd manage to hit anything. Soldat is full of odd things like that that somehow magically work, like how you can be flying through the air as fast as soldatly possible and still aim a sniper rifle in mid-flight.

Besides all that though, I'd like to see this suggestion become a reality.

Keron Cyst
March 5, 2005, 3:38 am
Wow, you can still shoot while throwing a 'nade? :-P I didn't even know. Time to take advantage of yet another of Soldat's anti-realism problems!

lastpatriot
March 5, 2005, 12:53 pm
I always thought that it did stop, or maybe I was getting shot and binking into the ground :(

Unlucky 13
March 5, 2005, 11:23 pm
The way a soldat throws a ggrenade looks like he puts the grenade on the gun, then uses it as a catapult and makes it fly, so you may be able to do it with rifles...
Good idea, just that the look may need to be fixed.

Captain Ben
March 5, 2005, 11:37 pm
perhaps it should only happen with the deagles, chainsaw, m79 and the spas...
i chose those ones because with automatic weapons, people can hold down triggers with one hand and do whatever thay want with the second...

JiggaBlue
March 6, 2005, 3:24 am
How about this would only be for real mode?

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 11:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13The way a soldat throws a ggrenade looks like he puts the grenade on the gun, then uses it as a catapult and makes it fly, so you may be able to do it with rifles...
Good idea, just that the look may need to be fixed.

I always thought it looked like he spins his arm around, and kind of hits it with his rifle... same thing as you said, though.

I also think this should be implemented into realistic mode.

JiggaBlue
March 6, 2005, 11:35 pm
Yeah, it would be cool for realistic mode. Other then that it wouldnt fit because look at the jump you got, that aint reall but we like it.