( search forums )
New Secondary Weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
lastpatriot
March 4, 2005, 5:23 pm
The title says it, so let us go to the list of potentials.

1) Beer Bottle. It's a 2 step weapon. 1) Swing it on a guy's head, or the ground/wall, to break it. 2) Stab ahoy. When thrown, it will shatter, and send glass shards everywhere, for a blast radius effect.

2)Choke wire. Has the range of knife, but, when the guy is dead, you can use him as a meat shield, to block incoming bullets. Obviously, it will not work with the Barret(2 shots to penetrate), the M79, or the LAW. All others will use 10-15 on the body. You cannot use a weapon will shielded.

3) Panzer-Faust. A smaller, not crouched, lower blast radius anti-tank rocket than the LAW. You can use it while on the run, but has a lower blast radius, and could only take out maybe 2 or 3 guys, if you fire in the center of them.

4) lethal injection needle. Like a knife, just stab somebody , and they will live, but will slow down drastically through the next 20 seconds, until they drop dead. The only thing that can cure this is 2 medipacks.

5)Double revolvers, that fire one after the other, not simultaneously like the D-Eagles. They have roughly the same power as the SOCOM, I would just use these. It's a style choice.

State your opinions.

kwanfei
March 4, 2005, 10:10 pm
None of these are useful.....that's what i think

Alamo
March 4, 2005, 10:44 pm
all of them are quite useless... no thanks.

Keron Cyst
March 5, 2005, 3:47 am
I'd like #1 as rather a Molotov Cocktail.

Rambo_6
March 5, 2005, 4:08 am
Some sort of weapon that slows the enemy down, or makes them slowly die would be cool to see.

Like mustard gas that harms your soldier as well, or a throwing dart pack, or something...

Captain Ben
March 5, 2005, 5:10 am
i'd like to see something that could tranquilze your opponents for about 2-3 seconds and see them go limp, like when you kill people. then they get up...
as for your meatsheild one, i like that one, i suggested it once aswell.

MakroX
March 5, 2005, 5:35 pm
why not a weapon that stabs on ur enemy and after a certain time, it explodes? =P

anyways, remember a soldier dies fast. hit and kill, or miss and die.

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 6:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystI'd like #1 as rather a Molotov Cocktail.
If there should be Molotovs in Soldat, they should be pick-upable.

papasurf31
March 5, 2005, 8:27 pm
#5 would be such an overpowered secondary. When creating weapons like these, you ahve to keep in account not only coolness, but weapon balance so that not one is abused. Your panzrfaust thing osunds like something taht would make the LAW obselete.

lastpatriot
March 5, 2005, 10:56 pm
Fine, then I won't use #3. For number 5, 4 I should say, how about being unarmed, but having the ability to break people's necks? It's like a less brutal knife. And instead of the lethal injection, mustard gas, like Rambo said.

JiggaBlue
March 6, 2005, 3:27 am
All useless. We already have secondarys for these. Atleast come up with something new next time, not just over power or weaken current ones.

BManx2000
March 6, 2005, 3:38 am
1. What's the point? Why not just throw a nade or something?
2. Why would you have to use a choke wire to use a body as a shield?
3. I would rather use the M79 than this.
4. What's the point when you can just stab someone with a knife and kill them INSTANTLY?
5. As you said, it's a style choice, and therefore useless.

Magniitude
March 6, 2005, 3:48 am
Yae, most of these are substitutes for something else and are basically watered down to a point where its basically useless or just for visual effects.

Michal
March 6, 2005, 4:24 am
I dunno, it seems like these ideas are mostly too useless or unrealistic.
The beer bottle, choke wire, and needle are just impractical.
The others would upset the balance.

Captain Ben
March 6, 2005, 10:34 am
who would try to kill someone in a jungle with a bottle?

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 11:30 am
Fine, lock this, Moderator!

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 9:51 pm
i would use a beer bottle in the jungle and the choke wire thing i like.....

Krios
March 17, 2005, 4:49 am
wierd suggestions...lol. (Morphine)?

lastpatriot
March 17, 2005, 11:55 am
I said, "Lock This"

Loltor
March 17, 2005, 10:25 pm
They're interesting ideas. I think that people are just too worried about unbalancedness or overuse. I find that Soldat's weapons can get slightly boring on occasion, so I understand your burst of creativity. Molotov Cocktails and actual fire on the map would be a couple ideas, but would probably be hard to implement and may make the gameplay too different for a lot of people.

Who knows, maybe in Soldat 2? :/

Dathker
March 17, 2005, 11:31 pm
the needle sounds funneh i think that should be implemented.

Deleted User
March 19, 2005, 10:34 pm
That choke is little overpowered but funneh :D but its similar to shield ...It could be good..maybe

Marine
March 20, 2005, 4:45 am
Lethal injection needle?

Are you...kidding me?

Did natural selection stop working or something?

SGT.Joey
March 20, 2005, 6:38 am
Shields is a good idea
but the secondary weapons are good as they are.

Krieg
March 27, 2005, 8:42 pm
Panzerfraust would be nice, i am sick of crouching to use the law.
1 Revolver would be enough, maybe a .464 Raging Bull?