( search forums )
Photoshop tutorial: Sig creation
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 8:44 pm
First you have to select a really cool background. A bit like this one here.
http://www.central-ph.k12.mo.us/west/lightblue%20background.gif

Now that you have a background you should select a verrry nice render. Like this one. Props to messiah.
http://img148.exs.cx/img148/4775/maxpaynerenderforweb6569qa.png

Now that you have everything selected open up photoshop.

Make a new image and add the background on it and resize a bit for those poor modem users. It should look like this:
[IMAGE]
Quite nice don't you think?

It is getting even better now that we reach the render adding part. Cut the render off the green background and paste it on the background. You should resize it to fit before doing this process.

It should now look like this:
[IMAGE]

Pretty awesome huh? And believe it or not, it will get even better now that we are going to add some brushes. Select the 'power dither'- brush. (I am not sure about the name but that should be it) Add some brushing to the edges of the render with a color you think would fit. I am using red.
Now it should look like this:
[IMAGE]

Something still missing? Oh yes. Now you need to add borders. I'll use regular black borders with ping in the middle. They never go out of fashion. Now select the rectangle tool and draw a nice black rectangle around the image with a thick line. Now draw a pink rectangle inside the black borders with a thinner line.
It should look like this:
[IMAGE]

Oh yes. Now we get to the fun part. It's the part where you really get to use your imagination by adding different absract things. I can't really guide you on this one though.
It should be something like this but with your own absract things now:
[IMAGE]

Now comes the tricky part. You have to select an original and stylish font and write something reeeallly cool in your picture. I myself chose times new roman as I have never seen anyone else use it.
Your awesome siggy should look somewhat like this now.

[IMAGE]

Almost finished! Now all you need to do is add a couple of cool effects and fixes!
My final siggy looked like this:
[IMAGE]

I also created this animation to show the advancing of the sig.
[IMAGE]

That's all for now. Have fun creating awesome siggies!!!

_Mancer_
March 4, 2005, 8:48 pm
Quit mocking www.underground-designs.org you cack. I'll be making the label for your cereal/soda/icecream/haircut/car/cloths/resturaunt company one day!

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 8:51 pm
I am not mocking the site, I am mocking the fact that everyone has a same looking signature. Including you.

_Mancer_
March 4, 2005, 8:53 pm
Bs. Ive used a render maybe once and I never have the same style signature. Ever. I can proove it to you by showing you my photobucket account..

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 8:57 pm
I don't care if you haven't used a render. Your signatures are still filled with abstract bs.

Edit: Oh and this is offtopic too. This should be conversation about my amazing tutorial.

Teh Panda
March 4, 2005, 9:00 pm
Pixel artist and Photoshop artist = 2 different people. No need to make fun of each other.

n00bface
March 4, 2005, 9:02 pm
ville wins

_Mancer_
March 4, 2005, 9:07 pm
But what if you are multicapable? I can do pixel art and PS art..

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 9:20 pm
Ok, I must admit you are a very awesome person and I have always admired you and I love your photoshop things. I bet you can also do all kinds of cool things like lay golden eggs. You must be a billionaire too, all awesome persons I know are billionaires.

Captain Ben
March 4, 2005, 9:26 pm
or just plain gay.
when i saw your sig at the end i though i was stoned...

Deleted User
March 4, 2005, 9:48 pm
This has to be better than all the other tutorials I have ever seen

11020284y5172!!shift+one!11/10 you are teh w1n!

STEELIX
March 4, 2005, 9:48 pm
HAHAHAHAHA
That almost convinced me to remove my own sig!

_Mancer_
March 4, 2005, 10:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2Ok, I must admit you are a very awesome person and I have always admired you and I love your photoshop things. I bet you can also do all kinds of cool things like lay golden eggs. You must be a billionaire too, all awesome persons I know are billionaires.

Thank you.

Vijchtidoodah
March 5, 2005, 1:05 am
I actually really like mancer's sig.

Icarius
March 5, 2005, 2:02 am
What's a sig again?

Maxx
March 5, 2005, 2:26 am
quote:Originally posted by IcariusWhat's a sig again?

SIGnature

V(arrow)...THAT.

peemonkey
March 5, 2005, 3:11 am
i dont like yours, mancer

LazehBoi
March 5, 2005, 6:36 am
Ville's tutorial is the best.

Unlucky 13
March 5, 2005, 9:02 am
Ville mocks his own work
|
V

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 9:07 am
What the [IMAGE] Unlucky 13?

LazehBoi
March 5, 2005, 9:25 am
No he doesn't... He wasn't mocking pixel art.

b00stA
March 5, 2005, 3:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Quit mocking www.underground-designs.org you cack. I'll be making the label for your cereal/soda/icecream/haircut/car/cloths/resturaunt company one day!

Last time I checked, the Coke logo didn't show a trendwhore. Logitech's logo doesn't really include a render either.

How does one make a label for a haircut, anyway?

Famine
March 5, 2005, 4:06 pm
Hehe, I love the little "Attack of Destiny" quote.

I tried a more subtle approach with this sig:
[IMAGE]

They didnt get it.

b00stA
March 5, 2005, 4:28 pm
"OMEGA" LOL KEWL

.alex.oner.
March 5, 2005, 4:47 pm
i miss photoshop, i want it back!!! now i have to stick with ms paint and produce [IMAGE] things such as my sig, where as before i could of produced a much better one.. i need my comp fixed up soooonn..

m00`
March 5, 2005, 9:27 pm
lol ville ur images are uploaded all over my file uploader xD

March 5, 2005, 11:03 pm
Did I do this right?

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
March 5, 2005, 11:47 pm
OH, sorry, I forgot about all types of artists out there...
Meh who cares, its art.
Nice work sticky!

(Has the font changed or is it just me?)

Milkman Dan
March 5, 2005, 11:49 pm
wanna suck my tic tacs?

March 6, 2005, 4:13 pm
oh you.

.alex.oner.
March 6, 2005, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Milkman Danwanna suck my tic tacs?

dont tempt me