( search forums )
Weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jerkboy
March 5, 2005, 12:37 am
There are some weapon I dont have. When I select my weapons, my weapon choices end at the Minigun. And I see people using the bow and arrow and that one rocket launcer the green one. Why cant I use those?

Shivorken
March 5, 2005, 12:46 am
The bow and arrow are only avaliable if you play the rambo match game type and the green rocket launcher if the M72 Law which can be selected as a secondary weapon along with the USSOCOM, Combat Knife and Chainsaw.

Magniitude
March 5, 2005, 12:55 am
press q to switch between primary and secondary weapons.

Tha Doggfather
March 5, 2005, 1:33 am
Soldat comes included with a manual...

Zero Wiggles Murasame
March 5, 2005, 2:05 am
Isn't the bow and arrow only fo rambomatch? Well Jerkboy, good luck in da battlefield.

Keron Cyst
March 5, 2005, 3:27 am
The 'LAW's not green...

BManx2000
March 5, 2005, 4:04 am
Hey zero thing, your sig is too wide again...

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 7:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThe 'LAW's not green...
What is it then? Pink?

SPARTAN_III
March 6, 2005, 3:30 pm
no, its GREY.

why not try pressing Q, rookie?

.alex.oner.
March 6, 2005, 4:05 pm
hmm, does everyone use the default controls? i think im like one of the few people who have turned it to arrows to move n stuff.. i supose whatever you feel comfortable with i gues..

Michal
March 6, 2005, 4:40 pm
I use my own controls, with arrowkeys...
That's why when noobies ask me how to do something I don't know the key :/

BTW, the LAW launcher is clearly green.

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 4:42 pm
I use arrows too. I never liked using WASD.

.alex.oner.
March 6, 2005, 4:53 pm
good! i though i was weird.. well mabye i am, but now atleast i know im not the only one, haha..

mar77a
March 6, 2005, 6:11 pm
WTF your avatar alex!

And the law is BLACK + GREEN!

Michal
March 6, 2005, 6:34 pm
heh, the place in Alex's avatar looks exactly like my room + my sisters door o_O

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 7:13 pm
WASD RULEZ! I use default keys, cuz i have alwayz used...and their samekind in every action game :D

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 7:16 pm
LAW is dark green.

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 7:24 pm
Why are we arguing about the color of the LAW? I always thought it was dark green/black myself.

.alex.oner.
March 6, 2005, 9:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aWTF your avatar alex!

And the law is BLACK + GREEN!

yea shame its aparently too big, wtf, dont see even if it was how its a problem?

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 9:50 am
quote:Originally posted by bahamuttiWASD RULEZ! I use default keys, cuz i have alwayz used...and their samekind in every action game :D

YOU FREAK!!
jk, i use the arrows and the mouse wheel to switch weapons and throw knives...

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 10:42 am
isnt it hard to play with arrows, cuz their so close to your mouse hand...
And yeah, LAW is greenish :D

March 7, 2005, 11:48 am
Definetely WASD, it makes it easier for my mouse hand. Of course, spartan wouldn't know, he uses a laptop.

The LAW is green. It is shaded, that is all so live with it. rambo bow is the thing u pick up in a rambo match. Oh yes, don't use the flaming arrows at point blank ranges, that suicide. Whenever you pick up the bow, don't go "ROBIN HOOD!!!" like spartan always does on our lan parties

SPARTAN_III
March 7, 2005, 2:07 pm
WASD pwns, and of course i know 117, i have a mouse, i dont use my goddamned touchpad. i use middle mouse to chuck knives, its -much- more convenient than pressing f

heh, robin hood, that was when i was n00b. A VERY LONG TIME AGO!

but occasionally i do get the archer spirit...

Wopkeuh
March 8, 2005, 12:36 pm
I use ESDF as arrow keys, that way I can use my pinky to throw nades with A...
R = Reload,
W = Weapon switch
The rest would be obvious, me thinks....

SPARTAN_III
March 8, 2005, 12:51 pm
interesting....this is a new layout. however it seems good

.alex.oner.
March 8, 2005, 7:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by bahamuttiisnt it hard to play with arrows, cuz their so close to your mouse hand...
And yeah, LAW is greenish :D

nah man, jus lob your keyboard a mile over on the other side of your desk.. my layout is arrows move, up is jump, down is crouch, grenade is ctrl (near the arrows) weapon change is enter, although prob gonna change it to the scroll thing on mouse, and prone/lay down is alt..

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 10:17 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIinteresting....this is a new layout. however it seems good

All keys in that region are close to eachother, makes it easier to reach every key... C and V are for chat and team chat.
Z is for weapon throw, it's right below the A (nade throw) so I have to chose there, but nobody throws nade and knife at the same time... right?

lastpatriot
March 9, 2005, 1:07 pm
Ctrl as grenade throw, good idea.

Ein
March 9, 2005, 2:52 pm
Indeed.

I find WASD is pretty good. There's not enough room on my desk for use the arrowkeys effectively.

E for grenades, and mouse wheel to change between primary and secondary weapons.

Keron Cyst
March 9, 2005, 3:31 pm
I use LeftShift & LeftCTRL for chatting, so it'd proba'ly be good to set Throw Grenade to Space Bar. IMO, all fingers utilized = efficient B-)

.alex.oner.
March 9, 2005, 4:31 pm
nah it wouldent, your hands would have to be massive if you wanted to jump and use your jetpack whilst directing it with the arrows whilst throwing grenades.. would be way to hard.. and having things as a shift button is a bad idea as when you press it like 5 time in a row or somin, then this pop up message comes up, thus minimizing soldat.. but i supose whatever you feel comofrtable with..

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 10:20 pm
I have theese controls and love them:
WASD
with W as jetpack
space as jump (easy for jumpjet)
chat:F
teamchat:G
crouch:Ctrl
change weapons:scroll
throw weapon:press down scroll
grenade: right mouse button

so I have full control of my knifing and nading as the buttons for those are on me mouse
love my controls

Vanana
April 6, 2005, 10:29 pm
i wish my friends would like soldat so we could lan-party... =(

lastpatriot
April 6, 2005, 11:15 pm
I only have one friend who plays.

Zakreon
April 7, 2005, 12:37 am
i think arrow keys are best, i move my keyboard over bout an inch or two though.
atk-left click
grenade-right click
weapon change-mouse wheel
move jump and crouch-arrows
end-reload
page down-drop weapon
shift-prone

on all my gun games like bf1942 and bfvietnam i got these controls

Lunari
April 7, 2005, 1:20 am
Eh, I go:
Move/Jump/Crouch - Arrow Keys
Reload - Shift
Weapon Change - Enter
Grenade - Backslash
Prone - Ctrl
Throw Weapon - Delete

I'm trying to figure out a better system; maybe have reload as backslash and grenade as shift...Not sure about throw, since the mouse I'm currently using doesn't have a middle button.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 1:45 am
the reason he saw a rambo bow was that with a bot maker you can make the bot use rambo bow all the time, and also a flamer. then u can pick it up then use it yourself

b00stA
April 7, 2005, 6:27 pm
Psycho, stop reviving old topic.

Also, nobody cares about your button config.

Topic locked.