( search forums )
Bungie Mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
KeyesBlob
March 5, 2005, 2:59 am
I have been working on a Marathon-based Bungie mod, but I will also include some of my favorite Halo weapons.

This mod is 40% done, I still need to do entire goesteks, some weapons-gfx, and I need some heavy modding on the interface.

This screenshot is slightly old, some problems that have been fixed are the long as hell names, and the crappy fire-bar that I have on there. I also made a more handy grenade symbol.

Please take notice that this is a in-progress mod, it is not done.

The SFX are PURE RIPPED, meaning that every single sound, from the sniper rifle to the Halo announcers voice saying "Score" when you capture the flag, have been ripped from me on my computer with Marathon 2: Durandural and Halo PC.

Heres my screenie

[IMAGE]

Please excuse the quality of JPEG.

Feel free to post suggestions, improvements, etc.

NOTE: YES I KNOW. Bungie nearly copied the names of the guns from Marathon onto Halo. And all the coloring is authentic, so if you don't like the colorful shotgun, take it out with Bungie.

EDIT: Ooops, I cropped the picture too much at the bottom, not much to see anyways besides my horrible fire bar and some green circles for grenades :)

reckon
March 5, 2005, 6:54 am
I have a feeling this wont be in high demand.

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 6:56 am
People like to look at a fully-completed project, methinks.

Remove the teaser pic, finish the mod, and you're sure to get a good recieval.

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 7:15 am
You've used BF's ammo bar...

KeyesBlob
March 5, 2005, 3:03 pm
The Ammo bar itself is directly copied from Marathon.

The health bar is the health bar from MY BF1942 interface, because I still need to get to make that.

Liber_Lupus
March 5, 2005, 4:15 pm
finish the mod and then post a new screen and listen to suggestions.

Rambo_6
March 5, 2005, 6:22 pm
You've combined:

A. a poorly dont Halo mod (sorry, but i'm being as sincere as i can be. HALO IS DEAD. WE HAVE LIKE OVER 20 HALO MODS BY NOW)
B. Some other random guns
and C. Your interface looks like it was pieced together from 3 different other interfaces.

Sorry for being harsh, but i am getting annoyed with the increasing anmount of Halo Mods. Could somebody just make the perfect halo mod AND BE DONE WITH IT? :P

The Geologist
March 5, 2005, 6:32 pm
Agreed...so sick of Halo mods its not even funny. But, if you really did just make an interface by combining other peopels interfaces...well, that's just lame :/ Teaser pics are just annoying, yet not as much as people who just tweak the ideas of others and call them their own.

KeyesBlob
March 5, 2005, 6:42 pm
What the [IMAGE] is with the people and accusing me of putting some interfaces together?

The AMMO and HEALTH bar are finsihed pieces, made 100% by me, and the HEALTH bar is one of MINE from my BF1942 mod that I have no gotten to Marathon-ifying yet.

Note that this is a BUNGIE mod, thus meaning it will be a MIX of both HALO and MARATHON. The interface/70% of the guns will be MARATHON.

"B. Some other random guns"

Those "random guns" are from the game Marathon by Bungie dip[IMAGE].

Jesus, you guys lack any reading skills.

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 6:43 pm
He didn't combine other peoples interfaces. He took the one that he previously made,the BF1942 interface, and directly edited it. He still hasn't finished the interface though, so it looks like a crappy compilation.

The mod itself isn't bad looking, but combining several games to make a mod for a different game isn't too good of an idea. Besides, if you hadn't already noticed, everyone here is sick of Halo mods. More Bungie stuff probably won't help to lighten the mood here.

Edit:Ack, Keyes got his post in before mine. XP

MercyM
March 5, 2005, 6:44 pm
Is Battlefield a Bungie-game? ;)

KeyesBlob
March 5, 2005, 7:38 pm
Mercy, I was posting my PROGRESS of what I have done, as I said before, the interface is not done and I still need to Marathon-ify the health section.

Its like talking to a damn wall...

papasurf31
March 5, 2005, 8:47 pm
I like the fusion pistol. But, that's kinda it.

The Geologist
March 5, 2005, 8:51 pm
Before you start getting pissed at people for their "reading skills", maybe you should see how I used the word "if" in my sentance. It's this handy little word that allows for the possibility of other things happening (i.e. If you really did do this, then this might happen...but if you didn't do it, then something else might happen). Doesn't mean anyone is passing judgement, it's called an "if/then" proposition.

If you made the interface completly by yourself, then good for you. It's a little confusing when I see other people saying it looks like parts of other mods.

If you don't want people being critics, don't post here. It's a simple fact that we've seen tons of Halo mods here, and anything roughly accociated with a Halo mod isn't recieved with big smiles and open arms the majority of the time. Try making something more distinct that hasn't been done 20 times already.

Explaining yourself rather than insulting people usually helps, although I can relate to the anger that must rise at being called a thief. On that note, if you want feedback on a mod still in the works put it up in the discussions section. This section is meant for completed mods, unless I'm mistaken.

And finally, since you're so big on reading skills, then maybe you'd like to know there's only one person who has actually accused you of actually taking the interface (ammo bar) from another mod. Rambo said your interface looks like it was pieced together from three mods (which it does imo, the interface doesn't feel like "one" piece), and I said that if you had used someone elses work thenthat'd be lame. Neither of us came out and pointed fingers and said you stole your work.

So just calm down, focus, and make something original and worthwhile. This would have to be a damn good mod to be associated with Halo and stick out from all the others already done. And yes, I know it's a Bungie mod.