( search forums )
CTF_Layer 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Boxo
March 5, 2005, 5:12 pm
Here's a quick map I made while waiting for my other map to get waypointed (are you still there, slikerhawk?). The looks are nothing spectacular, but the gameplay is very unique. Please, don't think of ctf_death when you look at this one, it's actually a lot different :>

The purple pillar thing at the middle can't be shot or walked through, but the flag can pass it. Hence, with a well placed /kill you can 'throw' the enemy flag to your side. I made the purple pillar from a mixture of 'only player collides' and 'only bullets collide' polygons, in case anyone's interested.

Overview and download here:
http://dyn.u13.net:6081/Members/Boxo/ctf_layer10/view

EDIT: Looks like SMC's map uploading doesn't work. Here's a working link:
http://dyn.u13.net:6081/Members/Boxo/ctflayer_10.zip/download

GluLm
March 5, 2005, 8:29 pm
Very interesting idea... This technique would fit the map quite well actually.
The design itself looks quite good here, and the colours are ok.
Although I don't like the fact that you used red and blue polygons to show each bases... It's always very ugly to use such colours. But yet again, it's just my opinion.
Nevertheless, interesting map.

Darkspirit
March 6, 2005, 12:27 am
Lol it's cool it remind me a human face...

About the map, try to change some colours. All map got RED/BLUE for base... (geez). And one other bad thing is you must use jet a long time to climb at the top then its hardly playable.

Mark: 70%

bb_vb
March 6, 2005, 2:11 am
Really nice gameplay idea, although it's rather difficult to get a good feel for it with bots. I'll have to give it a go with some ppl online some time. The colours are ok, but could do with a little originality. But brilliant work with the pillar idea ;)

Michal
March 6, 2005, 4:14 am
Interesting map, I wouldn't mind seeing it on Sebastian's Pub.
There are some very clever things that can be done with the middle piller...

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 8:21 am
I don't know what could I say about this map, because the screen is so crappy.

Rambo_6
March 6, 2005, 8:58 am
I like the look, but the colors are odd... Actualy quite refreshing ;)

Good job.