( search forums )
Fixed: I'm not supposed to be registered...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Vygo
March 5, 2005, 10:47 pm
Hi, this will be my first post actually... I restarted playing Soldat two days ago and I noticed that I have a little star beside my name in NetPlay. I don't remember being registered although it is a great game. I just want to make sure if there is a mess up because I feel that I shouldn't be having those add-on. Thank You in advance.

Deleted User
March 5, 2005, 11:32 pm
Are you able to change the color of your jet flames and use seperate profiles?

It may have just been a glitch, but if you are able to use all the features, then I would send a PM to Michal Marcinkowski and he'll help you sort it out.

Tha Doggfather
March 5, 2005, 11:47 pm
Do you have a brother or other relative who also plays soldat?

Maybe he registered the game/found the reg file.

Vygo
March 6, 2005, 5:03 pm
Yes. I think I can change the color of the jetflames and use the other features, but I'll just stick to the basic ones until the problem is solved.
The game was actually installed on my computer by a friend of mine, I doubt he could had registered it without my permission. I tried reinstalling but I'm still having this privileges.

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 7:45 pm
This is very weird... Where did you download and reinstall Soldat?

Denacke
March 6, 2005, 8:22 pm
reinstalling soldat will not help, the key is stored in the registry.

You can probably find it with regedit and delete it.

Vygo
March 6, 2005, 10:14 pm
The game was downloaded here I suppose by my friend.
What about the regedit, I don't know the name of the key.

Deleted User
March 7, 2005, 1:46 am
When you start up Soldat, who does it say it's registered by?

Fangus Deef
March 7, 2005, 2:59 am
friend registered it, used his reg key.

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2005, 3:10 am
if you want to unregister it, find out whatever key he used, change a random character in the value of the registry key that it points to, and soldat will no longer recognize it as a valid registration

Vygo
March 7, 2005, 3:39 am
Sorry if i had been such trouble. Does it mean that my friend paid for me so that the game is registered? Anyway, I'll try that out, FliesLikeABrick.

Edit: Thanks, I managed to be unregistered with the method of FliesLikeABrick. See you in game, people. :D

Alamo
March 7, 2005, 5:29 pm
lol ... This is funny ^^ a guy who gets registration for free and wants to 'unregister' his game... The world is weird. But thumbs up for the honesty!

Fangus Deef
March 7, 2005, 8:21 pm
he should get a reg key for such honesty!!! :P

Vygo
March 7, 2005, 10:16 pm
I just don't do things that I don't want people to do to me. Besides, it doesn't gives that much of a advantage.

Deleted User
March 8, 2005, 1:06 am
Well, since the problem has been solved, this topic shall be locked.