( search forums )
NEW PROTECTOR MODE
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Vanana
March 6, 2005, 12:31 am
ok, ive seen that soldat is a good multiplayer game, but its always between themselves, but what about if all the soldat players are working together against hordes of...unknown things...lol :P

maps would be similar to infiltration mode, just that tons of stupid bots or aliens (dunno still wat) come and try to kill, the "heart" of the fortress, itll start kinda easy, then when a whole wave has finished, players can recover life and nades for like...15 secs, then the next wave starts (each time harder) if a player dies during a wave they'll revive like after 10 secs (2 seconds more per players alive)

wat do u ppl think about this, well, this has been un ut2004, but why not in soldat? with a "soldat" twist =)

March 6, 2005, 9:44 pm
Play infiltration, and join the blue team. Now add 20-30 boogie men to the red team. Enjoy.

Captain Ben
March 7, 2005, 6:02 am
yah, or play ctf with you on blue and 35 boogie men on red... quite a challenge...
OR you ould give them knives...

March 7, 2005, 12:11 pm
Yeah, they'd fail miserably. I think this might be annoying, u need lots of people for this sorta thing. Wait, just name the server 'DO NOT ENTER' and see what happens :P

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Benyah, or play ctf with you on blue and 35 boogie men on red... quite a challenge...
You can't add more than 30...

Vanana
March 8, 2005, 1:14 am
and how u add more than 1 boogie man to 1 team? =P

Magniitude
March 8, 2005, 1:50 am
type "/addbot (Team number - 1, 2 ,3 or 4 ) boogie man. So if i wanted to add another bot to the the red team, you type /addbot 1 boogie man. Works with all bots.

Captain Ben
March 8, 2005, 9:05 am
quote:Originally posted by MercyMquote:Originally posted by Captain Benyah, or play ctf with you on blue and 35 boogie men on red... quite a challenge...
You can't add more than 30...

i've managed to put 40 on, except my computer froze every 30 seconds...
put 30 bots on, and then put 10 more random ones

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 9:14 pm
u get a bot maker at selfkill.com and multisave.........BAHA!!!

n00bface
March 15, 2005, 9:21 pm
Since this topic has been revived and there's still more to say, I'll say it.
quote:
i've managed to put 40 on, except my computer froze every 30 seconds...
put 30 bots on, and then put 10 more random ones
That is impossible, there can't be more than 31 player instances in a game, or soldat will stop functioning, since it is hard coded into the game. Why do you think you've never seen a server with more than 31 people in it? :)