( search forums )
SCTFL6 sign ups open.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Tournaments and Clanwars
Marbire
March 6, 2005, 1:10 am
www.soldatworld.com

New format and new rules than previous seasons. Sign up now!

MercyM
March 6, 2005, 8:23 am
I'll do that.

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 1:31 pm
Stickied.

Roy
March 8, 2005, 3:41 am
Time to sign up. ;)

Pulp
April 13, 2005, 6:52 pm
Site is down for a while now. I guess this is just making part of the sctfl-tradition ?

Mini Man
April 13, 2005, 7:51 pm
Yep Says "Access forbidden"
Can't post anything

Darkspirit
April 13, 2005, 9:30 pm
WTH!!! Why it says "Access forbidden" , I WANT TO SIGN UP...

Pulp
April 29, 2005, 4:10 pm
Site is still down, there's no possibility to add your score, there's no possibility to consult the table with the pts and previous scores. In another way, this tourney has become completely ridiculous. The SCTFL-admins giving again ONE clear statement : WE DON'T GIVE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CLANS PLAYING IN THE LEAGUE. Presumptuous failing.

Tell me, how long does it take to make a temporary table and small forum ( which give you the chance to at least update your score ) ? 30 minutes ? It won't take longer. There are free hosts everywhere, there are people on this forum who would be able to host it. But no, the SCTFL-admins keep silent, the only thing they were able to say in the downtime of the webserver ( 2 months now ? ) was a remark with a new URL. A new URL that didn't work. ( Unbelievable, no ? )

It's a bloody shame SCTFL ( still the biggest soldat-tournament ) is not ran, but ruined by incompetent admins. If it was up to me, if I was admin, i would stand up and retire, making place for a new wave of admins, who at least care about the tournament.

Hopefully you'll take the right conclusions out of this.

flab
April 29, 2005, 4:13 pm
Ahem *looks at his sig*

FragBait
April 29, 2005, 4:40 pm
Oh come on! I am an admin myself, so of course I defend the other admins!
As far as I know they already have a new host. The thing is that they do not reply on Enjoy's mails.
Yes, it would be easy to set up a temp forum, site and such, but what does it matter? What do you really need the site for? Checking on your status? And you need the forum for talking? And you need the forum for.. Chatting? Posting scores? Yeah that is right, but you could also just note down the outcome of your games and wait till the forum is back and then post them. Just because the site and forum is down, does not mean you can not play your games. You should be able to play your games anyway! My clan have been done with our games for about a week now.
Also the webserver has not been down for 2 months, I would be suprised if it is even one month.

But you are kind of right, it is a shame. And some temperary forum should have been set up weeks ago, and I proposed it to Marbire some time ago.

Anyways, who do you propose should run SCTFL of not the current crew?

Well, I will probably not check this forum again, so if you want to discuss it with me or need me for anything else, then contact me at IRC. You know where..

Pulp
April 29, 2005, 4:53 pm
The best option would be a new team organizing a new SCTFL. It's not the first time this happens, Frag. And your remark about the uselessness of a forum/table, is crap to me, you need the board to update scores, watch the table, contact other ppl, contact the admins. For heaven's sake, we live in 2005, I'm not going to note down the scores.

As far as I know, the only concern of the sctfl-admins is maintaining the website, which they obviously have failed in. I would take my conclusions out of that, and leave the work to motivated people.

I don't know any organisation that would work like the way sctfl works. It lacks in any common sense.

Ok
April 29, 2005, 5:08 pm
Do what I do :)
I look at SCTFL as a way to get practice for a real Tourny.
Such as TNL.
The of the latest SCTFL is not the best clan.
And that says alot. Its just a disorginized tournimant.
Which means nothing.
So look at it like this:
1- Fcw: which is the best way to find a no laming match
2- SCTFL: a good way to practice for a real cw where ppl actualy do anything to win.
3- Anyother league where you really care about winning it thus you use good linupes and play smart.

FragBait
April 29, 2005, 5:13 pm
I did not say that it was useless, but it is not something you absolutely need. And if you do not know how to contact the clans in your group or the admins, without the use of a forum or table then you got a problem as well.
But hey, I guess that if you do not like SCTFL as it is right now, then you can leave it. You can then come back next time if you feel things have changed.
And instead of starting to complain here, perhaps you could have talked to an admin first? See what is going on and such.
And Ok has a point. Stop caring so much.
Kudos to you all!

Marbire
April 30, 2005, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by PulpSite is still down, there's no possibility to add your score, there's no possibility to consult the table with the pts and previous scores. In another way, this tourney has become completely ridiculous. The SCTFL-admins giving again ONE clear statement : WE DON'T GIVE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CLANS PLAYING IN THE LEAGUE. Presumptuous failing.

Tell me, how long does it take to make a temporary table and small forum ( which give you the chance to at least update your score ) ? 30 minutes ? It won't take longer. There are free hosts everywhere, there are people on this forum who would be able to host it. But no, the SCTFL-admins keep silent, the only thing they were able to say in the downtime of the webserver ( 2 months now ? ) was a remark with a new URL. A new URL that didn't work. ( Unbelievable, no ? )

It's a bloody shame SCTFL ( still the biggest soldat-tournament ) is not ran, but ruined by incompetent admins. If it was up to me, if I was admin, i would stand up and retire, making place for a new wave of admins, who at least care about the tournament.

Hopefully you'll take the right conclusions out of this.

quote:Originally posted by PulpThe best option would be a new team organizing a new SCTFL. It's not the first time this happens, Frag. And your remark about the uselessness of a forum/table, is crap to me, you need the board to update scores, watch the table, contact other ppl, contact the admins. For heaven's sake, we live in 2005, I'm not going to note down the scores.

As far as I know, the only concern of the sctfl-admins is maintaining the website, which they obviously have failed in. I would take my conclusions out of that, and leave the work to motivated people.

I don't know any organisation that would work like the way sctfl works. It lacks in any common sense.

I already have like 3 other hosts. We cannot set up another site, because we do not have the files. They are on the site.... which is down. It's a simple concept, so use your [IMAGE]ing head before you go around insulting people. Enjoy is incharge of the site and he has said the host has emailed him saying they were having problems, but that it should be up soon. Besides that, Enjoy as moreso ignored me.

SCTFL has had it's good seasons, and it's bad seasons. All I have been in charge of have been SCTFL5, and now 6. SCTFL5 ran perfectly smoothly. SCTFL6, I am trying my best to get it up, and it WAS RUNNING SMOOTHLY prior to the downtime. Which has been 3 weeks, not 2 months.

If you don't like the league, then get the [IMAGE] about what anyone is trying to accomplish.

Everything was ORGANIZED (how you call it unorganized, I don't know. Maybe I don't sit at my [IMAGE]ing hard for you.

If you are so good at it, run it yourself, because if it's not up in 1-2 weeks, I'm done. And if is, it'll be the last.

Peace

and BTW: http://home.comcast.net/~felixalba/stats.htm It's not like you need a whole forum to match. Just type the report and save the txt. Oh no, it's the year 2005, forgot....

Sneaky Bstard
April 30, 2005, 10:08 pm
erm u have the wrong attitude for making a "fun" league,when u ran sctfl5 we did have our problems but i'll admit it was indeed fun and well run,but sctfl6 was never looking to be as good from u changed the free play system,and the site going down just doomed it,and it wouldnt have been so hard to put up a temporary site for scores and such,even just to let people know it was still there as im sure a lot of clans will have not finished all their matches,either by inactiveness or some clans dying,also i think if anyones gonna run this in the future it shouldnt be mostly 1 clan doing it, it should be a team of euros and NAs, quote:So you know what,[IMAGE].

yea and your just so appreciative :/

Marbire
April 30, 2005, 10:17 pm
Why would I be appreciative now? No one appreciates anything, all they do is complain, and run their mouth when they don't even know the problem.

1 clan running the league? Um, wtf? Please read here: http://home.comcast.net/~felixalba/staff.htm

And BTW, I'll look to seting up a temporary forum. All you need is the table and being able to report matches.

Sneaky Bstard
April 30, 2005, 10:26 pm
you were unappreciative about being given the task of running the league,such as your attitude towards it, [IMAGE], things like give me that idea,and it is 1 clan running it dont bs yourself,and looking to set up a temp forum is a bit too late seeing as the deadline for the matches is tomorrow its kinda too late but gj anyway

peace

Marbire
April 30, 2005, 10:27 pm
I didn't have that attitude until I read the replies in this thread.

And you just did exactly what I was saying. I say I will set up a forum now, and you say it's too late. So it's too late to do everything isn't it? What else can I say besides [IMAGE] IT?

How it is too late I'm not sure, it's right on time for people to post their matches. Apparently you don't care.....

quote:Yay, let's make some more clones of SCTFL because it's so awesome and innovative.

There's a quote by Meandor in another thread in this forum.... why would I be working my ass off to get forums up for people that don't give a [IMAGE] about it?

Sneaky Bstard
April 30, 2005, 10:36 pm
people only stopped caring after u did,they did give a [IMAGE] you" kinda one,gj on sctfl5 was fun,lets hope sctfl7 is run by more intelligent,modest,fair and sensible people

gl in life :S

oh btw i dont think meandor kinda qualifys as your average sctfl player,neither do many of the forum geeks here so dont take what people like that say to heart

Marbire
April 30, 2005, 10:41 pm
I did give an explanation... the only one I had. That the host [IMAGE]ed up, and wasn't communicating with enjoy, who was in turn not communicating with me. I didn't know much.

You think SCTFL6 was ruined because of the new way it was played? In sctfl5 it was free play, and everyone [IMAGE]ed. So then we made something better, and you want freeplay again. People are never happy

Well I'm willing to still care. I can set up a forum, and I thnik the original site has to be up soon. That is unless noone wants to because I'm not intelligent, modest, fair, and sensible.

FragBait
April 30, 2005, 11:09 pm
Free play? WTH WTF ARGHH AND OMG! I had never thought I would see aanyone (atleast not an european) ask for a free play league..
Hmm.. The only fair way to run a league is to give everyone the same opertunities. If it is a free play league, whoever plays most cw's win the league. That is a bit wack, not to say a lot. That was actually why a lot of european clans were happy with TNL.
Also if you wanted an explaination you could have asked. I have seen you at IRC, you have seen me at IRC, why not ask then? A lot of others did, and they got an answer by me.
And I seriously believe that the deadline for group matches will be stretched, because of the downtime of the forums and webpage. But I still think you could have easily played your games, even if the forum and site was down. And I know a lot of clans that have (Group B).
Have fun and take care!

grand_diablo
April 30, 2005, 11:57 pm
the SCTFL6 concept was alright, and it was running *quite* smoothly before the site [IMAGE]ed up. Some teams/groups became quite inactive, but thats somehow a typical soldat league phenomenon.

The problem is, I dont think SCTFL6 can be finished, the site downtime was too long. I mean, 3 weeks and there isnt even a provisoric replacement, thats just too long. Some clans have died, or changed, etc. etc., trying to continue SCTFL6 would end up in a chaos, imo its impossible to put the things concerning the group stage in order again and to motivate clans to continue playing. Sorry to say this, but action should have been taken much sooner, maybe 1 week after the downtime began. Sure you can blame the host, but also yourself for not reacting on this situation earlier. But now, its simply too late.

I dont think the next season needs a new team. The SCTFL6 staff was doing a good job on regularly updating the standings etc, until their platform got lost.

Nukem
May 1, 2005, 1:13 pm
actually, the new system was great...
plz restart the sctfl!

FragBait
May 1, 2005, 4:11 pm
I kind of agree with grand_diablo on that one. I do believe the downtime has been too long, and I doubt that it would run smoothly if continued. Actions should have been taken earlier.
But still I think we should give it a try. It might be chaos, but we will not know till we try, will we?

And behalf of the european SCTFL6 staff, I would like to thank you for your compliment and support grand_diablo.

JiggaBlue
May 2, 2005, 1:37 am
Well, the problem was that unless you knew the staff of sctfl, which most didnt, you thought it just died.

Also, the purpose of a league is to intrigue clans to join and better the leage, tell such prospects to [IMAGE] isn't the right approach.

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 9:43 am
It's time to cool off guys. Step back and take a breather.

Topic locked.

Oh, and please do not swear like that again. You'll get yourselves a temp ban.