( search forums )
Selecting IPs
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Optik
March 6, 2005, 2:45 am
hey got a quastion is there a way to select which ip the soldat server should use? i got many pointing to my box but apperently soldat only binds to the main one

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 3:25 am
Set up port forwarding, I imagine that might help, but I am none too saavy in the networking side of things (yet).

Optik
March 8, 2005, 3:38 am
setting up port forewarding =/ too much work for a problem like that but yea it would be a good feature to have ...

Futile
March 8, 2005, 8:58 am
I asked this question some time ago, and got an answer straight from The Man. He said Soldat is not able to bind to a specific NIC. In other words, port forwarding or some kind of third-party software is the way to go for making soldat run smooth on a multi-server machine.

Optik
March 11, 2005, 12:19 pm
The Man hehe kk thanks

Vostok 4
March 11, 2005, 1:14 pm
Optik if you google "iptables local port forward" I'm sure you will get the answer, generally its a one-two line solution, pending if you want to make sure localhost has access to the server :) If you need some help for it, I may post exactly how to do it because its useful in securing your server either way.

Optik
March 14, 2005, 12:13 pm
nah i know ip tables it isn't hard but still it's external from soldat and with chances of soldat messing something up when something is changed is 99% more cause it messes up without anything atm so... lol