( search forums )
Are There Hackers Out There?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 3:58 am
I'm curious, in the newest version are there hacks that would let you see people who, for example, are in predator mode? I was playing and I managed to become a predator quite a few times, yet everytime, I got singled out by the same person. It happened so reliably that I banned him, but, is that a just ban? Are there hacks out there that will autoaim right now? It's just that I come from a CounterStrike background, and a good 40% of people that are DAMN good use hacks, its not a lie (look at all the CAL busts, at least one a day). Now when I play Soldat, most of the times its pretty even for everyone, but then someone goes 200-38 on a server of 24 people. Is that realistic?

Mod, if the thread is against the rules just let me know I'll delete it, but I hope these questions go answered.

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 4:16 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19496

n00bface
March 6, 2005, 4:27 am
Well, there aren't aimbots in soldat, it would be very hard to create since it's not a 3D game and simply placing your cursor over a target won't score a hit. Usually people like that have just playing a very long time...Depending on monitor brightness and contrast and gamma and that sort of stuff, the predator screen can be pretty easy to see if you know there is someone with a predator bonus running around. So I'd say the ban isn't very just, but I can understand how it is, cos I've recently started playing CS:S and it's not rare to see a hacker on each time using hacks just to counter the other team hacking...absolutely ridiculous. I hope VAC2 is decent..

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 4:35 am
I was going to reply with something along those lines, but I didn't want to since I couldn't answer the question of whether or not those types of hacks exist

Gen0cide
March 6, 2005, 5:08 am
You banned a guy cause he killed you while you were predator mode?
Lol..predator mode is really easy to see if you know what it looks like.
And aimbot actually wouldn't work very well,since you have to lead people into it so much,and autos are very accurate.

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 5:26 am
DAMMIT, I'm sorry guys, but I wanted to record a demo but another admin banned this one guy. I have to say, that an aimbot DOES it exist. It has to... there is nothing to explain what two of us saw. We were specing a guy who goes crazy high scores, and I started talking to him via the admin say, and he would stop, look at the ground and not move. While he was not moving, his aim starts going all over the place, and it turns out he was tracing all the players that were around him, just randomly. How do I know he wasnt aiming? He was typing long responses... unless... he types and aims at the same time, but aims without shooting. I unbanned his IP, and I'm going to try to demo it hopefully he comes back. I'm pissed I never got a demo though, because you honestly had to see this, it was crazy.

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 5:53 am
i could believe it. I asked 3nesce on MSN about it, and he said that it does exist. He said that he had seen it for 1.2.0, but not for 1.2.1 yet.

"there is a clan that uses a 1.2.1 aimbot, but I am not aware of the clan name or any of their members"

b00sta feel free to edit my post or lock this topic if you don't like where it is going... anyone else, just dont push it over the edge

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 7:51 am
OK, just to let you know, the person in question was logged playing again. I have his name, and this time he has a clan tag. Is there a online database of clans? I will demo this guy, I will prove that he is hacking, there is no doubt in my mind.

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 8:21 am
PM me when you have a demo and i will take a look. I'll pass the demo on to other mods to take a look at and ultimately to MM.

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 8:48 am
Will do, lookin at his playing pattern its about 8-10PM EST and sometimes at around 1AM... so expect results (hopefully) around then. I have not been playing for long (4 days to be exact), but is 404-93 a realistic kill-death count?

Vijchtidoodah
March 6, 2005, 9:05 am
Vostok, give us more information (game type, length, maximum points, bots, etc.) about your server so we can put things into perspective.

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 10:11 am
404-93 is realistic only for the most retarded of barret campers, but ive never seen a ratio maintained for that long (with so many kills)

lastpatriot
March 6, 2005, 11:28 am
I know the kill to death ratio is a little absurd, plus the whole Predator thing, but we can't do anything until we see a screenshot or demo, if Vostok would kindly show us that.

b00stA
March 6, 2005, 11:35 am
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotI know the kill to death ratio is a little absurd, plus the whole Predator thing, but we can't do anything until we see a screenshot or demo, if Vostok would kindly show us that.

You MUST NOT post screenshots, demos, names etc. of hackers in here.

Please send things like that to Michal or one of the moderators (including me).

Jaz
March 6, 2005, 11:38 am
Some noob probably capped about 17 times. Didnt move, just moved his mouse a bit while chatting etc...I mean, theres no hacks for soldat to automaticlly aim and if there was, they would allways miss.

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 3:19 pm
I'm going to make a demo next time hes on. Game Details: Deathmatch, 20 players on at the time, no bots. This was over a span of 4 rounds, which happened extremely quickly because there is a 100 frag limit and he reached that limit right away. And not one of his kills was with a Barret, 107 with dealges, 128 with AK, 22 with FN, 89 with Grenade, 57 with SOCOM. I know it doesnt sound good to say that there is an aimbot, but you have to understand I've had other people watch and there is no doubt. Btw Jaz, his mouth wasn't just moving while chatting :) His character was tracing a guy in the air that was landing... then when right to another guy... then to another guy... his movements are mechanical, imaging a bot with perfect accuracy, thats what he looks like.

LazehBoi
March 6, 2005, 3:24 pm
Eh... I somehow doubt there are aim hax for the Deagles, or AK-74... They drop too much. Maybe he was just good? What was his ping?

Vostok 4
March 6, 2005, 5:20 pm
I didn't take a look, but, thing is, none of his kills are from far away. His playing style would suit an aimbot (since indeed, those weapons due arc and it would be impossible to code something to factor that arc in based on the players trajectory). What he does is fly right at people, all his kills are within 1'ish inch, no one kills him because his AK is always hitting them and never misses... from that close you don't need an arc. I don't think I saw him kill someone once that was far enough for the bullets to arc.

Kazuki
March 6, 2005, 6:35 pm
Hmm. To be perfectly honest, I haven't experienced this. Then again, the number of hackers is dying down, so it would be pretty rare to spot someone using such hacks. Also check to make sure that he reloads every once in a while, to make sure that he doesn't have unlimited ammo/rapid fire. To me, a 404-93 ratio is pretty absurd. It's not exactly easy to get 100 points and less than 25 deaths 4 games in a row.

Deleted User
March 6, 2005, 7:38 pm
This forum shouldnt been talking about hackers at all...
But honestly there are hacks on soldat...Speedhack, unlimited ammo hack, health hack, super jump hack, weapon change hack, bonus stay till end of round etc. I know about hacks cuz i know one (my friend :S) who uses them :(.
SO SAD...(im not any responsible of my friend, dont ask his name etc...)
AND I WOULDNT EVER CHEAT!