( search forums )
Barret muzzle and bullet go through thin polygon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
spller
March 6, 2005, 5:03 am
Hello.I have question about Barret muzzle and bullet are going through thin polygon.Please talk about this.

When i am playing soldat,one player pressed barret against thin polygon.He shots bullet that went through the polygon and it killed enemy player.It is bug?

For example,in ctf_kampf on apper way , that shape of "Z".

JiggaBlue
March 6, 2005, 7:42 am
Yeah, its a bug. You happen to read any of the rules tho?

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 6, 2005, 8:08 am
it isn't suppose to happen anymore, but sometimes, the bullets are still able to go though the wall when it is very thin. Just think of it as the bullet penetrated the polygon instead, because it seems to be hard to fix...

FliesLikeABrick
March 6, 2005, 8:26 am
yeah, I've had someone abuse this bug in my server a couple times. they just fly or stand next to the thing polys and shoot through with the barret.

spller
March 7, 2005, 2:57 am
Thank you for giving opinions.
I think it is very important.Because one of soldier, he said "it is strategy, not bug, and it is natural that fast bullets are going through thin polygons." I had a hard time.

So I want to hear Michael's opinion and more other clan member's opinion, and guy's opinion...

The Geologist
March 7, 2005, 3:54 am
It's not strategy...people who milk this bug are too scared to face you one on one. It's pretty pathetic actually, because it shouldn't have anything to do with the speed of the bullets and can be easily defended against with an m79 and other guns..it's all about people who use the barret because it has the length to make it through some of these thin polys. Just learn to spot these trouble areas and avoid them in game, and make those lamers face you instead of hiding behind bugs and polys.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 7, 2005, 11:13 am
It's a bug because of the ricochet, I didn't find an easy way to fix it. If you use it or not it's a question of game ethics, as everything. Just keep in mind that it might get fixed some day so don't get used to it.