( search forums )
Ways to make SM better
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Jaz
March 6, 2005, 12:52 pm
1. More stats like Tactical Ability etc.
2. Leagues, rankings, ladders.
3. Player Nationalities for World cups.
4. An edited file with all the real soldat clans and players.
5. Make training take longer.
6. Make different divisions so you start off with random noobs but you can build and train them to win their division and move up till they can face the best clans.
7. Make clans have there own players from the start.
8. Make an option to pick a current clan that allready has its members or to make your own new team with a bigger budget to buy your own team.

Currently the game has no objective and is very easy to win all your matches etc. I think these would make the game so much better. Toumaz have a look and consider it please. Anyway, byes.

Edit: Alsoooooo make clan tactics like 2 up 1 down ;0

Edit2: Everyone was too eager for the game and he released it quick, theres not enough players or options to do stuff.....he could make this game pretty great with a bit more time.

mar77a
March 6, 2005, 1:21 pm
I agree (if no im a stupid faggot :P).

Sam
March 6, 2005, 4:27 pm
I think they are all valid points, the most needed is a league, and an INF game type would be nice. I also dont know what buying room for spectators in your server does, can someone explain this please?

FragBait
March 6, 2005, 5:30 pm
Yes. Jaz's idea about being able to choose a clan that already excist, with its current members would be great. Just like you do in Championship Manager. Basicly it just need more players. I guess you could make some kind of way, in which players can sign themselves up. Or leaders of every clan can sign their clan and their members up. And they should then be added in the game.
Perhaps it would be neat to have a way to select the Clan Leader of your clan.
But most important of all. I want to tell you that I really like the concept of the game! Great idea and great work to you!

Ezko
March 6, 2005, 7:04 pm
1.Perhaps player motivation should have a percentage along with rank? e.g. 59 (Good)
2.The filter should have a 'Permanent' option. I'm annoyed looking at players over $5000, I check one, go back and I have to filter again.
3.When you play a 1v1 match and there is only 1 person in your clan, it should go to the game screen by default.
4.Competitions. Motivation-boosting cups and medals to win.
5.More clans, more players, more stats

Vijchtidoodah
March 6, 2005, 8:20 pm
How about the ability to play other people's teams over the internet?

Sam
March 6, 2005, 9:41 pm
I think taking this online is a bit far off for now, we need to iron out the creases before we do anything like that.

Jaz
March 6, 2005, 9:41 pm
Yes. All extremely good ideas and looking to the improvement of this game. I hope toumaz is interested.

Unlucky 13
March 7, 2005, 1:51 am
I think we need some kind of mini-map with dots for each team player... and blue dots if an enemy is in sight. Then you could set a waypoint command or something.
That'd be nice.
I also agree with Jaz

Liquid Metal
March 7, 2005, 7:56 am
My ideas:
1. Ability to to select maps. Eg. if the map is laos then running to and from base would be much faster than b2b.
2. More stuff to buy with money
3. A loyalty %. A high loyal % means the player would be less likey to be bought by another clan if he is already in one.
4. An unhappy player would not gain stats, can stuff up real bad in matches and may even lose skill.
5. Too much training is boring and boring = unhappy. So why not have an option to relieve players from training so they can play for fun on public severs. Gain stats slower than training but keeps the player happy.
6. The unhappyness ideas are so you can't keep on using your best player to keep on winning matches so you have to make the players take turns in fighting matches.

MercyM
March 7, 2005, 2:15 pm
I agree all ideas. By Jaz and Liquid Metal.

Sam
March 7, 2005, 3:25 pm
And a Fast Forward/Skip match option, because having to always watch the games can get tedious.

blackdevil0742
March 7, 2005, 3:48 pm
all ideas are good, we'll just have to wait and hope that Toumaz adds them.

Also the players should be mutch more expensive or you should get less money for each won match.

Toumaz
March 9, 2005, 1:58 pm
Toumaz is tired right now.

But I can lower the money when winning a match to $250 in SM 1.0b if you would like.

MJPZX2
March 9, 2005, 3:35 pm
yeh I also found you can get money way to fast and also that players train too fast. I think they train in everything not just the thing which i tell them too.

eagleclaw364
March 9, 2005, 4:31 pm
You get money even if you lose : )

Deleted User
March 24, 2005, 8:44 pm
hey...good ide that with less money..but i got a better idea..why not ´win $99999.998 instead??

:D just kdding

zoldat
March 25, 2005, 5:25 pm
how loang to SM 1.0b ???

Deleted User
March 26, 2005, 12:29 am
That's it.

I don't know exactly why we needed a separate topic for SM ideas/suggestions, but I let it slide. But seriously, if you're gonna ask how long til the next version of the game, try asking in the actual topic, please?

Any more SM topics will be deleted. People can post in here, the patches or the main topics.